Virgin males VS virgin females

recluse

except virgin females are desirable and virgin males are hideously outcast, so.....ya.

Not really. Promiscuous males are seen as bad by society as much as women are. Being a non virgin doesn't make you any more of a man!

lyricalliaisons

I'm 27, female, & still a virgin. I'm humiliated by it because nearly everyone who knows me knows it to be the case & it is not "normal" & those who are not "normal" are ridiculed for it. The fact that I'm attracted to females, greatly reduces my chances of ever finding a relationship, muchless having sex, around here. People I am attracted to never ask me out & I would never ask anyone out myself out of fear. But at the same time, even if I had the opportunity, I would still be a virgin because i'm too scared of social situations for it to even get to that point. I've been asked out by plenty of guys before, but even if I were straight, it still would not have happened because of that.

Lost Girl

I'm 27, female, & still a virgin. I'm humiliated by it because nearly everyone who knows me knows it to be the case & it is not "normal" & those who are not "normal" are ridiculed for it. The fact that I'm attracted to females, greatly reduces my chances of ever finding a relationship, muchless having sex, around here. People I am attracted to never ask me out & I would never ask anyone out myself out of fear. But at the same time, even if I had the opportunity, I would still be a virgin because i'm too scared of social situations for it to even get to that point. I've been asked out by plenty of guys before, but even if I were straight, it still would not have happened because of that.

Have you tried a social dating site? Talking to someone for long enough and getting to know them online may give you the time and courage you need to take the next step and start dating someone special eventually. :)

I can say for myself that I am a 24 year old virgin and that all I hear from guy friends is sex talk, and when u are a virgin it awkward. And if you tell them u are all u get is we need to get u laid, lets get a whore, or some other bull crap.

lyricalliaisons

Have you tried a social dating site? Talking to someone for long enough and getting to know them online may give you the time and courage you need to take the next step and start dating someone special eventually. :)

I've considered it a lot, but I'm always too scared to actually go through with it. I probably will do it someday, though, because it's probably my only chance of ever finding someone.

LadyWench

I'm 20 and still a virgin. I'm not ashamed or anything, it's by choice. Mostly an OCD thing, but still. I think being virginal is actually admirable these days.

Women can get sex whenever they want so some people admire a woman who remains a virgin by choice. Women don't have to work for sex. A woman can walk into a bar and walk out with at least one man.

I don't know that I would agree with this. I'm not a virgin, but I have been abstinent for a while, and not completely by choice- men just never approach me- but maybe it's because I never go to bars.

It does take a lot to remain a virgin by choice because we all have sexual needs so I can understand how a person could respect someone, but I don't see the reason to be disgusted with someone for not wanting to wait.

I wouldn't be disgusted with someone who isn't a virgin- but as someone who would be looking for a serious relationship and not something just casual, someone who has had numerous partners in a relatively short period of time would indicate to me that they probably don't take sex and relationships as seriously as I do.

Emily_G

Men who do a lot of women are awesome, women who do a lot of men are sluts. Never understood this.

talisman

Well I guess us guys are laughed at more for being older virgins, but then again we're still part of a sizeable minority and can take some comfort in that. However female virgins over 25 or so are very rare. To be one involuntarily must be a very lonely experience indeed.

As a mid twenties male virgin, what bothers me more than being made of fun of is the fact I'm losing my youth and losing opportunities to enjoy sex and women as a young person. I don't care if sex is 'better' in your 30s or 40s, I want to experience it in my 20s. I dunno if women have the same worries... stereotypically they go for older guys and care more for the emotional side than physical... if so then I guess it's just another negative experience for the male virgin.

Someone mentioned finding female virgins more attractive. As a male virgin I certainly do. In my case experience is a turn off to the inexperienced. Not sure if this is true for women. Most girls are experienced by my age so again possibly another negative for the older male virgin...having to be the 'understudy' etc...I guess that links in with the socially constructed ideas of masculinity.

HH

I've been on a certain dating website for almost a year now and while I've a had several messages from woman who I thought are "out of my league" nothing has progressed into even meeting one of these women. Maybe I'm taking things too slow or what, but most of the time a few messages are shared and then she either doesn't bother any more or has already found someone.
As for the whole virgin thing I know all to well about carrying this embarrassing situation around with you everyday (being a 29yold virgin myself)....why am I a virgin, the list is probably as long as your arm....shy, quiet, introverted, very average looking, lazy when it comes to meeting new people/relationships, avoidance tactics.... etc. Oh well, life goes on

Krista

I don't understand why everyone feels like being a virgin is such a block in life. It's going to make it all the more special when you find someone to share that with. It seems like something you want to get over but when you think of it like that, most likely you'll make your first time a not pleasurable one.

teandtoast

Well I guess us guys are laughed at more for being older virgins, but then again we're still part of a sizeable minority and can take some comfort in that. However female virgins over 25 or so are very rare. To be one involuntarily must be a very lonely experience indeed.

As a mid twenties male virgin, what bothers me more than being made of fun of is the fact I'm losing my youth and losing opportunities to enjoy sex and women as a young person. I don't care if sex is 'better' in your 30s or 40s, I want to experience it in my 20s. I dunno if women have the same worries... stereotypically they go for older guys and care more for the emotional side than physical... if so then I guess it's just another negative experience for the male virgin.

Someone mentioned finding female virgins more attractive. As a male virgin I certainly do. In my case experience is a turn off to the inexperienced. Not sure if this is true for women. Most girls are experienced by my age so again possibly another negative for the older male virgin...having to be the 'understudy' etc...I guess that links in with the socially constructed ideas of masculinity.

can relate to the above and I think would be the case with being the 'understudy'... girls dont want that
Im 25 and feel Ive missed out on my youth aswell ...now is upwards to 30 and is quite depressing looking back and what friends have all done / experienced by now

I'm married and happen to take my marriage seriously. It doesn't change the fact that I've had multiple sex partners in my past. I've known people who were promiscuous who are now in stable, serious relationships.

Then there are people who may not have slept around before but do so when they're in a relationship.

It's really a misconception that people who have numerous sexual partners don't take relationships seriously and thus are not to be taken seriously themselves.

I know that people can and do change, especially as they get older. If I know a guy is serious, then I really don't care that much about his past- however, if it's common knowledge that he is/was a "player," then it would probably take some very good convincing on his part to make me believe that he's changed his ways. But I know that it is possible for "promiscuous" people to have committed, stable relationships once they decide to settle down.

I do agree with you that people shouldn't be "judged" just based on their sexual activity or lack thereof- but in general, past behavior is a good indicator for future behavior.

Johno

It's kinda nice to talk about other stuff. I love Australia (big ass continent). We do have the best weather if u head up north. Also we have the great barrier reef. Best in the world reef. Well You already knew that.....

Johno

Well Hi all!!! I've been told that my words actually may mean something. I need a drink like everyone else... Goodnight

Juggalo

I turned 22 yesterday, still a virgin. And TODAY is the one year anniversary of the death of my grandmother who raised me. :-(

I hate life.

Johno

Well. You treasure it.... I'd be proud of it. You meet the right girl who know's... It happen"s.

Juggalo

Proud of what? Being so unattractive I'm 22 years old and a woman has yet to ever find me appealing? I'm not into that religious crap, I don't believe its any kind of virtue or special thing that I'ma virgin.

klytus

Proud of what? Being so unattractive I'm 22 years old and a woman has yet to ever find me appealing? I'm not into that religious crap, I don't believe its any kind of virtue or special thing that I'ma virgin.

Be proud of being different to the majority of humanity! ::p: