The unanswered questions of the universe

Luka

What is the true purpose of living?

is the universe truly infinite?

is there other living being on other planets?

what's for souper?

there's many purposes of living. i guess for religious reasons such as buddhism you suffer life to reach nirvana. i don't quite know too much about buddhism but i just know my father is buddhist so i know a few bits :D

AGR

Why do skunk have to stink?

I think its their line of defence against other animals.

Questions I have:

Where do you find nice/good girls?

Why are females protective of "not so good individuals"(lets put it that way)?

Does a blackhole has mass?
I thought so,but I was watching a video about blackholes the other day and apparently according to it,it doesnt, the mass its all gone,but it still acts like it has a lot of compressed mass,so whats the deal with the blackholes?

Last edited:
Does a blackhole has mass?
I thought so,but I was watching a video about blackholes the other day and apparently according to it,it doesnt, the mass its all gone,but it still acts like it has a lot of compressed mass,so whats the deal with the blackholes?

The current theory regarding gravity (relativity) doesn't quite describe black holes. As far as anyone can tell, a black hole has just as much mass as has ever fallen into it, pressed into an infinitely small point with infinite density (don't try imagining how that works). In order for something to form a black hole, there is a certain amount of mass it has to start with, which is around 3 or 4 times the mass of the Sun.

Whether or not the black hole is still considered to have mass after collapsing into a zero-volume object depends on whether or not black holes turn out to be related to wormholes. If they are, then any mass that falls in is moved to somewhere else in space and time and is no longer in the black hole. If black holes are not wormholes, then the mass must still be contained within the black hole. Otherwise, for the particles themselves to be destroyed would require the black hole to give off a tremendous amount of energy (given by the equation e=mc^2) to somewhere (as matter can't simply be destroyed).

But that's just me and my limited knowledge of that sort of thing. I don't know many of the details.

Apotheosis

Does light travel at the speed of light through air (in quantity and density similar to Earth's)?

It slows and refracts slightly when entering a substance, but (IIRC) resumes its original speed once it's back in vacuum.

So when you shoot for the stars, aim a little to the left :p

Agent_Violet

can a place truly be haunted?
do we really have souls or is it just a bunch of electrical impulses bouncing around in our brains?
are psychics really real or do they just have amazing powers of deductive reasoning?

Apotheosis

Are mute people able to whisper ?

Depends on the reason they're mute. Some people have defects in the brain that prevent them from properly processing language.

If the problem is their vocal chords... I'm not certain but I believe even whispering still requires you to use your chords. They could still whistle though!

Blabla..

4264423055_ef57df83b5_m.jpg

WeirdyMcGee

Why doesn't Coca cola taste the same after you have torn the paper/logo off ??

...is that like... the power of suggestion?
Like, Pepsi will taste like coke if you put it in a coke bottle, until you're told that it's actually pepsi?

jonas89

yeah exactly,,, but like when you buy a fresh Cola and drink it, it taste as it should be and as soon as you rip off the paper it somehow turns in to s**t even though you know it is still the same product haha .. why do we or me perhaps do that..

Agent_Violet

yeah exactly,,, but like when you buy a fresh Cola and drink it, it taste as it should be and as soon as you rip off the paper it somehow turns in to s**t even though you know it is still the same product haha .. why do we or me perhaps do that..

is that kinda along the lines of different shapes of pasta taste different to me? they're made of the same stuff...but angel hair pasta tastes different than pasta shells or rotini...

and why does food taste better when you eat it out of the pot on the stove than it does eating it from your plate?

:confused:

jonas89

is that kinda along the lines of different shapes of pasta taste different to me? they're made of the same stuff...but angel hair pasta tastes different than pasta shells or rotini...

and why does food taste better when you eat it out of the pot on the stove than it does eating it from your plate?

:confused:

yes I have the same problems with pasta! :O I demand a scientific explanation on all of this haha :D