The positive thread

reslo

^ congrats! That's awesome. Would be cool if I could bring myself to do that. But maybe it wouldn't be. I already went to therapy for many years from a young boy to about 20 years old and nothing worked. I've been off meds for 6 years. I don't really want to go back to try to talk to someone when I didn't like what it did to me when I was younger. I feel better now than I did then. Or not better but at least I trick myself into thinking it's better now. Hmm. I don't know, but let us know how therapy turns out for you. I couldn't open up in front of them. It was always awkward, way too awkward and I couldn't say much. I had nothing to say.

i think when therapy's forced on someone, its hard to really make it work- the guy im thinking of seeing specifically mentions how being introverted and shy can affect someone in his information online- so i think that sounds promising to me- because i think especially with sa you need someone who understands that like leaving the house is stressful, being in a room with someone is stressful, talking to a receptionist, etc- so many things can cause us to panic- i just really need someone who understands that.
i just can't live like the way i am- the only other therapy i've had was when i was like around 6 i think when parents divorced- i didn't go for very long, but i didn't like it because i felt like it made a bigger deal out of things than they really were= and at that time, i didn't really think i had problems- that i had to make them up, if that makes sense. but i did get free candy, which was nice.

and for better or worse, you've hung in there- and if you've been without medication for 6 years, then it sounds like things are better- at least you're your own person- not being forced to be under a microscope, ya know?

KiaKaha

Banned
I feel like crying. I am tired of making everyone around me feel completely uncomfortable. People think I am just a creepy weirdo that they need to avoid. I have no idea how to function in the world.

I just noticed I put this in the wrong thread... cant even get that ****ing right.

Last edited:

J.Christine.89

I like that I have traveled halfway around the world with only one friend of mine and was there for 2 and a half months. I had never thought I would be able to do something like that, but it was amazing. I'm proud that I've been successful in my college career so far and that I'm going to become an RN. I'm proud of the things I've accomplished in my 21 years of life.

J.Christine.89

Hey ShyKiwi! It's alright... why do people think you're a "creepy weirdo?" I'll bet that you think that yourself and that assume that others share your same opinion. You may message me if you'd like :) I'd love to help, even if it is just a little nudge in the right direction...

sanitariumcalls

I am a fabulous cook, everyone tells me so, and so today I KNOW I am!

I'm an expert at Italian, English, and American cuisine, and decided to try my hand at Japanese. Homemade chicken teriyaki with sticky rice, and I did it!!! Tastes just like the Happy Teriyaki up the road I constantly spend too much money at! Yay me!

Ignace

I can talk without trouble with people at work. :D It's not really work, it's for school working in a company.::p: If you know what I mean ..

fife_girl

i havent smoked in almost 5 years
iv lost 4stone
im fitter and go out cycling most days (usually at night wen in dark n quiet but still)

oh and next week will be meeting a good friend from here for the first time :)

AimeeSP

i havent smoked in almost 5 years
iv lost 4stone
im fitter and go out cycling most days (usually at night wen in dark n quiet but still)

oh and next week will be meeting a good friend from here for the first time :)

Wow 4 stone is awesome! did you join a slimming club or do it alone? either way, congrats! :)

punklove

I'd like to think that I'm a good reader and I'm good at writing poetry :)
I think I'm pretty creative :)
I'd rather be different then just another average face xD

Luke1993

Well today was quite good for me, in a class at my new course, we were put into groups and had to talk which made me pretty damn scared. Nobody in the group spoke, so I decided it would be a good chance to initiate conversation for the first time, so I did and in the end was able to get everybody talking! Oh and they were asking me questions about the work which I answered, that made me feel pretty smart too lol