The positive thread

Danfalc

Banned
Well done for passing your driving theory!

I totally forgot I had the dentist today.Add to that I didn't sleep at all last night.I think I did really well to get myself up town and in the dentist,I didn't even use any Diazipam and my anxiety was bearable so I'm proud of myself.

Also had my therapist turn up today.I feel slightly bad as I'm struggling to be pro active with my problems.But she is teaching me not to beat myself up for it,and to accept that some day's my depression will just get the better of me,and that's ok!Also I really feel that getting back to the gym is goal within reach now,and I know as soon as I do that I will feel a lot better.

EasySkankin

I know what that's like... I stalled getting my drivers license for a good 5 years. I finally got it though about a monthe ago... woot!

emerald_star733

When i first joined this site, i was in a very negative head space. I was focusing on all the wrong that has happened in my life, instead of focusing on all that is right in it. Anyway, i just wanted to post something positive in here to make up for my initial anti-people post under why we are social phobes.. people in my life turn to me for a hug, an ear to listen, and i am always there when needed, so i guess i have a good heart. I used to be a super positive person and i am willing to work hard to return to that mindset. People used to say my smile lit up a room, and i haven't smiled lately so maybe i should give it a go.. sounds kinda cheesy though.. lol.. i will post this one for now:D::p:

Social-E-Aukward

I've started doing progressive relaxation techniques to help relieve stress and anxiety, which I suffer from terribly. I felt great after doing my exercises earlier... it's after 3 am now... *shame on me for beating Call of Duty MW2 in one go*, so I'm going to do another 20 session and then fall asleep listening to Yanni.

...goodnight, SP World! :)

Carnation

I went for a walk around the lake and fed the ducks near where I live. I felt anxious before going out but was fine once I reached the lake. Although I felt anxious, had a tight feeling in my throat, I'm glad I made the effort. The weather was gorgeous and the view was beautiful! :)

Eilonwy

ummm...I'm extremely persevering no matter how bad things get.

Today I actually attempted to voice some of my points during a brainstorming session with a bunch of other tutors I work with at my college.

I also had to proctor a test some of the students were taking...ALL BY MYSELF 0.0 (At least it wasn't in a lecture hall this time). And even though I was freaking out at first, I learned to gradually calm down and adopt a level of authoritative attitude enough to survive through it.

I've learned to train my brain to halt negative thoughts, and try to expose myself to anxiety-inducing situations so as to get used to it and whatnot, and I've succeeded (Alhamdulillah) in getting a bit better than I was before in terms of my anxiety.

Social-E-Aukward

Good for you, AimeeSP!

I saved about $160 on a very nice mini refrigerator. Now I can keep food cold and in my own room where my family can't swipe it. :)

I'm also very excited about Autumn... it gets a day closer every day and it'll be wonderful for the recent 100+ degree weather to be over with. Yes, I realize that's being possibly oddly excited, but really, it'll be awesome and it's coming up in just a couple months right? :rolleyes:

AimeeSP

Good for you, AimeeSP!

I saved about $160 on a very nice mini refrigerator. Now I can keep food cold and in my own room where my family can't swipe it. :)

I'm also very excited about Autumn... it gets a day closer every day and it'll be wonderful for the recent 100+ degree weather to be over with. Yes, I realize that's being possibly oddly excited, but really, it'll be awesome and it's coming up in just a couple months right? :rolleyes:

Thank you! :)
And thats awesome you saved that much money up! I can barely save £10 up lol!

Luke1993

I went camping with a large group of people this weekend, i spoke to many people i had never met before and even joined them all for a big BBQ. I hate saying nice things about myself because i usually never find anything nice to say about me lol, but i can say, im proud of myself this weekend. :)

Might I ask, how did you end up going camping with a bunch of strangers?