The Liebowitz social anxiety scale - online test

nightcrawler

I got a 92 :eek: (46/46)

I agree the test is a bit vague though with not much variation on the answers allowed, and a lot of social situations not even mentioned (using public transport, shopping - these are just 2 examples of everyday situations I battle with)

41 (fear) + 25 (avoidance) = 66

Entereted by one point as Marked social phobia

Certailny I think I would be way higher if there were any questions about socializing with the opposite sex.

Last edited:

Apotheosis

68, but this is highly subjective and I'm an overconfident ass. If I gave these answers after actually being in the situations for each I think I'd score much higher...

Case in point: I'm so confident in my lack of confidence that I'm arguing with an online test. God it's good to be human.

Kiwong

19 + 13 = 32

I think I took this test a few months ago. It looks like my anxiety has improved

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
51 (fear) + 47 (avoidance) = 98

Which gives me very severe social phobia

This is very inaccurate.... I used to have very severe SA but now I considere myself being a calm and socially acceptable hermit, with some ups and downs.

Let's not take this test too seriously.

MoniqueNS

Banned
I got 112.. But I haven't found the right meds or the right therapy yet so hopefully that dramatically decreases.

vancouver24

Banned

Liebowitz Social Anxiety Scale - Results

Your score:
23 (fear) + 16 (avoidance) = 39

The scoring scale:
55-65 Moderate social phobia
65-80 Marked social phobia
80-95 Severe social phobia
Greater than 95 - Very severe social phobia

awesome post thank you!

EscapeArtist

Your score:
58 (fear) + 53 (avoidance) = 111

I don't know, that seems a bit high but I don't know what I'm comparing to.
I think I am so good at acting calm that I fool myself

bangdrum

43 (fear) + 36 (avoidance) = 79

But I don't think this test asks enough questions about interactions with other people in person, so I don't know about the result.

Phoenixx

56 (fear) + 56 (avoidance) = 112

Not sure how accurate this is, but it still sucks seeing that high number.

Shant

And yet somehow, I have a job and attend every day of class. Thank goodness they just pass me for a "serious" worker (as opposed to a "silly" worker, lol). I avoid situations like the plague and have serious anxiety. But I do a pretty good job at hiding behind an anxious smile wherever I do go, I suppose. Typically only if I have to go somewhere, I'll go. But if I don't, I'd rather stay inside.

Ouch, here I was thinking I might be making progress. Although in retrospect, I'd still prefer to be a hermit. Do I even have any hope of getting better? Geez.

Quelqu'un

Interesting test.

My score:
35 (fear) + 33 (avoidance) = 68
65-80 Marked social phobia

I definitely had severe to very severe SP when I was younger though. It's improved quite a bit, but still sucks.