The Liebowitz social anxiety scale - online test

Winter

28 (fear) + 31 (avoidance) = 59

i dont feel like that though :? thing is it didnt include alot of things which affect my anxiety

SilentType

Banned
60 (fear) + 56 (avoidance) = 116

Hmm... 20 points into the severe range... I've been through tons of medication over the past couple of years and currently just take xanax because nothing else helps... I went to a cognitive behavioral therapist for a few months in the past too. A lot of help that's done me, according to this test at least. This seems to me like a better written test than the ones my doctors have given me.

Peace

Walk

37 (fear) + 24 (avoidance) = 61

Moderate social phobia level. Although I have something to say about the phone thing. I work answering and giving calls, but it gives me no anxiety at all. However, oddly enough, I DO get anxious when I'm doing it off work.

The overall score I got was understandable; seems accurate. I guess I am in the borderline of marked social anxiety. Makes sense.

By the way, the question "trying to pick someone up" was vague. I assume it's talking about picking up a girl like in a bar?

lyricalliaisons

Your score:
63 (fear) + 62 (avoidance) = 125

Greater than 95 - Very severe social phobia

It was much higher than I expected, though I knew it was going to be very high. It is true, though. I do have very severe social phobia & I didn't need a test to tell me that.

Ubersonic

59 (fear) + 62 (avoidance) = 121

The few things I don't completely avoid...

3. Eating in public places (If I'm hungry enough I don't care)
17. Taking a written test (what does this have to do with SA?)
22. Returning goods to a store where returns are normally accepted (I want my money back)

Holy crap this is the EXACT same sheet my psychiatrist gave me to fill out last week!

49 (fear) + 50 (avoidance) = 99 oh god..And I thought I was getting better!!

cobalt_bluester

52 (fear) + 58 (avoidance) = 110. But I don't think this test is accurate in every respect as you can vary from day to day, so perhaps another day this number could be much lower or much higher.

Walk

Khodynka said:
71. I'm surprised. Doesn't everyone hate throwing parties?

It's a big one for me. I can't trust myself to be the source of entertainment for anyone. That's why I have such an intense phobia in having dates with girls; I feel like I'm wasting their time with my uber boring life.

danisky

88!

The "talking on the phone with people you don't know well" is the worst for me. Actually, anything related with the use of phones is uncomfortable.