Religion

Englishman

I've noticed that a lot of you guys are religious people. Now I'm not trying to kick up a fuss or flame anybody... But it begs the question. If there was a God, why would he make us have hyperhidrosis? Why would he make some individuals suffer and others live normal lives?

Sometimes I just can't get the fact I have HH into my head, I don't think I'll ever truly come to terms with it. However, I'm almost certain if there was a God, he would surely make us all equal (biologically)

selon

Well, I'm not a religious person but I think there's something out there. Even though my life is pretty ****ty (and trust me, ****ty it is) I still have moments when I can't believe how lucky I've been sometimes. My family's a very very sad mess, I myself am only good at procrastination, cannot deal with emotions at all and blush if people just look at my direction. But somehow, some of my dreams, like studying abroad in Belgium on scholarships, did come true and I can't even begin to explain what this means to me.
The thing is, even those people who don't seem to suffer suffer. You just don't know it cause they're either good actors or you don't know them well enough.

ukmale

I am a free thinking ... Watch or read about prayers for bobby shows you how truly wrong and dangers religion is

Englishman

Does life have any sense anyways? And surely having a body that doesn't excessively sweat for no reason isn't too much to ask for... Just my opinion, though.

Sprawling

Whom ever seeded us and did the creating probably never quite finished off the experiment. It's possible that we were created to just be just a bunch of worker bee's then die off. The human body was just never perfected. I don't really believe in a single diety. If I did believe I'd say that she was drunk on the day of creating us, woke up, then moved on to the next planet. We're on our own with HH or whatever infliction one is plagued with.

Flanscho

Well, I'm an Atheist. So if I'd have HH, I'd assume that it is either a physical problem, or a psychological one, or a combination of both, which are a result of either our genetic heritage or the experiences we made over the course of our life (or both).

SilentAndShy

I don't know what you#re going through but from my own religious beliefs, life is a test for the next one. So it's about accepting what is happening with you, taking your own steps to receive help and improve but adding prayer to that and getting better.

Unspoken

I don't have this disorder, but I wanted to chime in with some thoughts from an Agnostic's point of view. I long ago started to think that if there is a God we may be in a time where a lot of control over us has been relinquished and we're to learn to manage ourselves, our societies, and our world, growing up and bearing the responsibilities of both our mistakes and our innate difficulties as all children must eventually grow up.

sullyS25

Does life have any sense anyways? And surely having a body that doesn't excessively sweat for no reason isn't too much to ask for... Just my opinion, though.

Look, I dont doubt that having HH is inconvenient and difficult psychologically but you're talking like you are a quadriplegic or something. Perhaps if there is a god he gave you HH to help you learn something. To make you stronger by having it and learning to accept it. Perhaps if there is a god he gave you HH to teach you gratitude that HH is the worst of your problems. Some people are born with very serious defects like limbs missing. Some people dont have the privilege of getting out of bed on their own every day because they are paralyzed. Some people are born with mental defects like downs syndrome, autism, klinefelters syndrome, and other very serious defects.

Im sorry this HH affects you so negatively but perhaps a change in perception is necessary. Being grateful for what we have and accepting what we may consider shortcomings is a must if we want to live joyful lives. I don't doubt that HH is difficult for you and I am not saying it isn't but there are things in your life that you can be grateful for and I can guarantee you that with 100 percent certainty.

razzle dazzle rose

If there was a God, why would he make us have hyperhidrosis? Why would he make some individuals suffer and others live normal lives?

I don't have hyperhidrosis, but I did have a severe OCD problem, and I would often ask myself that question. It just didn't seem fair. To comfort myself, I came to the conclusion that perhaps it could have been worse with something else, who knows what, there doesn't seem to be a shortage of bad things out there that is for sure. Eventually I came to terms with my OCD, and as that happened I began to find techniques that lessened the symptoms. My OCD is no longer a source of great stress to me. I am not a religious person. Life is too random. I can see the benefits of being spiritual, and do want to get in touch with that side of myself. It can make the pain easier to bear.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I've noticed that a lot of you guys are religious people. Now I'm not trying to kick up a fuss or flame anybody... But it begs the question. If there was a God, why would he make us have hyperhidrosis? Why would he make some individuals suffer and others live normal lives?

Sometimes I just can't get the fact I have HH into my head, I don't think I'll ever truly come to terms with it. However, I'm almost certain if there was a God, he would surely make us all equal (biologically)
You could go with the sentiment that 'God gives everyone only what they can handle' (although that's really just a poor interpretation of 1st Corinthians 10:13).

You could go with the idea that God gives everyone trials and difficulties because He knows you can handle it by drawing on His strength (2nd Corinthians 1:8-11).

If those explanations don't satisfy, there's always belief systems involving reincarnation. The idea there is basically that ultimately life is totally fair, and everyone's difficulties are equal--if you take into account previous and future lives all added together. You even deserve the crap you endure in this life because you earned it in the past one, and depend on an easier life next time if you deal with your crap well enough in this one.

Really there are all sorts of choices, with or without religion being involved. :)!

CharlesN

Englishman,

IMO, whether there is or is not a higher power - life isn't fair - this is simply a truism and best u believe it and deal it with it. HH sucks, but letting it rule your life sucks worse. Don't be a victim. You're young with 75% or more of your life ahead of u. I lived with it for about 30 years straight without any relief until recently. Did I hate it, of course, we all do or wouldn't be on an internet site about it. Did I let it stop me from doing things I really wanted to do - no. Dating, relationships, jobs, school, hobbies. Any and all of it can be done while dealing with HH. We blow it up in our minds to be this huge thing - but as I related in another thread, now that my hands are so dry - I really noticed at a trade show where I shook a bunch of hands that a good proportion of them had at least mildly clammy to sweaty hands. Always too pre-occupied about myself to have noticed in the past. Could I look back and remember which ones had sweaty hands and which ones didn't? Nope, not a clue. Didn't care then don't care now. Which is how most people view us anyways I think I believe now. It's not like u sit there and hold hands with people on a regular basis.

Try what u can to make it more tolerable, but don't let life pass you by in the mean time. Play sports, go to the gym and get buff - this does wonders for ur self-confidence and involves a lot of sweating which is something we're already good at (lol), read, go out, meet girls, study... Do all the things ur friends and kids your age should do. When I recently confided to a good friend that I was going to try ionto - he was like "why?"... I tried to explain all the emotional trauma and stigma and all that... His answer was succinct. "Stop being a bitch - nobody cares about that but u". lol

I laughed and even though I felt he didn't understand, maybe he did understand. Maybe *I* was the one that didn't understand that most of the "normal" people have far bigger issues and problems in their own lives than to wonder or care that someone they shook hands with had sweaty hands. After all, do we remember every person that had BO or bad breath or dressed funny or a birthmark on their face or was shorter/fatter/whateverer more than average? Do we remember average people? Frankly I don't remember any. I think we place far more importance on HH than non-sufferers. And maybe we're doing ourselves a disservice by making it out to be such a big deal... Cuz the person we're worried about noticing our HH is maybe stressing over their bad hair day or whatever...

Who knows, maybe I'm just telling myself that because I'm worried the ionto could stop working at any time and I know I'll never do the surgery. Hopefully it will work until I'm old enough to not have to worry about impressing any girls other than my granddaughters... lol

Anyways, I won't lie, the ionto has given me something far more important than dry hands, it gave me confidence and peace of mind. 2 things that are priceless. Now my only regret as I look back is that maybe I could have had those things along with HH the whole time... Some food for thought anyways...

Definitely don't give up on life over this.

Just my humble thoughts...

Solitudes_Grace

I figure God lets people suffer from things like hyperhidrosis because of one or more of the following reasons:

a) God is a jerk
b) God is lazy
c) God is not omnipotent and thus had limited control when he created the natural laws that guide things like biology and genetics.
d) There actually is no God

Last edited:

hoddesdon

If everyone were equal biologically then everyone would be a clone.

Civilization mitigates the effect of medical problems. Before agriculture, medicine etc existed, there was a lower threshold for survival. Perhaps your problem would have not existed because sufferers would not survive. In that case, neither would you. So the question is whether the benefits of progress outweigh greater frequency of medical problems.

ukmale

its so sad to see people treat others though the eyes of hate just because its in the book .. under religion the people are being held back

Any book or cult that brain washes people into hating disliking or having intolerance to others is a endangered to society

Like I said watch or read prayers for bobby shows you how dangerous and sick it all really is ... Stop believe in the bed time stories people

LazyHermitCrab

I think God made the first people and then reproduction took care of the rest. Someone in your family must have had the same thing as you. It's a gene that kinda got mixed up a lil, sorry to say :p but things just happen over time. Science has gotten better and there are more options for people who have it in order to get rid of it and/or make it more managable. It's like someone (God) holding a group of cards. There are equal, but the details on the card isn't known until it's flipped over (chosen). God is perfect because it made life, not because everyone is physically perfect, because that doesn't matter to God just people. It's like having pet. Not saying pets are God but it's to make it more understandable hopefully. Your pet isn't going to love you less because you HH. I hope this makes some sense, lol.

Section_31

All i can do is shrug and admit thats somthing i cant answer or fathom. Ive asked the same question myself.

I believe in god. Juat not organized religions definition of. Im still trying to figure out what that means exactly. But i think part of it has to do with, IMO, once we were created/engineered/whatever, he/she/they/it realized we were far more trouble than we were worth and simply washed their hands of us.

I dunno.

JohnnAY

But it begs the question. If there was a God, why would he make us have hyperhidrosis?

578_zps301a6e5b.jpg

How cruel of God to make you sweat.

Englishman

Interesting to see everybody's viewpoints. However, I'm not convinced... I'm an athiest, not due to my HH, but I kind of think it has contributed. This world is too ****ed up to have any greater being IMO.