rate the last film you watched

FriendlyShadow

Narnia: 5/10 stars

I understand many people love this movie/series, but to be honest I found this film's pacing a bit too rushed as well as the battle scene towards the end, too cliched in my opinion.

MollyBeGood

Just finished "Dark Blood"

a release of River Phoenix's last film which was never finished but the director finally made it with out the scenes that were supposed to be filmed. He talked over film and told the audience what was supposed to be happening if it was completed so it was a bit sad really, couldn't stop thinking about him being gone/dead...never the less...
The movie was a great plot and kept you very interested the whole time.

Just finished "Dark Blood"

a release of River Phoenix's last film which was never finished but the director finally made it with out the scenes that were supposed to be filmed. He talked over film and told the audience what was supposed to be happening if it was completed so it was a bit sad really, couldn't stop thinking about him being gone/dead...never the less...
The movie was a great plot and kept you very interested the whole time.

The only River Phoenix movie I remember seeing was Stand By Me. It was ok.

MollyBeGood

^Oh yeah?..I liked that one a lot. I grew-up with him and when he died I was pretty sad. He was one of my fave actors.

Try "Dog Fight"
"Night in the life of Jimmy Reardon"
My own Private Idaho is a bit disturbing...

He was just getting good but he died so young. He would be amazing if he was still at it today. Kinda like Heath Ledger would be even more awesome if he would have had a life at acting, instead of the decade or so he was around.

Kiwong

I watched "The Bridge". A pretty heart wrenching film. I thought one or two of the interviews were good. A couple were not very informative at all. I've felt the pain the jumpers felt, but I chose to turn to life. Suicide was openly discussed, in an honest way. Not sure about the ethics of filming the bridge, but I believe they saved some of the people before they jumped.

Narnia: 5/10 stars

I understand many people love this movie/series, but to be honest I found this film's pacing a bit too rushed as well as the battle scene towards the end, too cliched in my opinion.

Just out of curiosity, which Narnia movie? I'm assuming The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

Phoenixx

Georgia Rule - 8/10
I was really surprised how much I liked this film, but it was really good. I can't say I'm the biggest fan of Lohan films, but she's obviously a pretty talented person and has quite a few gems -- this movie included. The dry humor is this was good, but I think what I liked most about this film is how many issues it addressed, especially regarding women. [Spoilers?] Family rifts, not being able to trust those that are supposed to be considered family, being the victim of molestation/rape, victim blaming ("She seduced me."), slut shaming, lying, mixed emotions, the list goes on. Very rarely do movies ever address these things so directly, yet simply. Now I usually don't like so much simplicity in films without much backstory, but the way this was presented wasn't too bad. It was good. Some of the dialogue addressed enough history to get a general idea of what happened and why things are the way they are, but left more to the imagination.

I think the one thing about this movie that really struck a cord with me was the "If you ever really loved me." talk between Lilly and Georgia. My parents have never been the affectionate type, have never said "I love you" to me or my brother in all of our 20/21 years. It has hurt (it still kinda does actually) not hearing it because it has always left me speculating before whether or not they truly do. Just like Lilly asked, "So how do you know if they ever really did?" after her mother responded, "Well, my parents never said it."

Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows - 7/10

I have to admit I was slightly disappointed with this sequel. It was still pretty good and had the same witty humor, but I felt the plot and everything was kinda jumpy and moved too quickly. It didn't leave me as excited as the first one did either. I did love how they included some extra slow-mo scenes though. The way it was produced and portrayed, it reminded me similarly to Zack Snyder's style of directing. I think I might have to give this another watch to see if my opinion changes. I feel like I should've enjoyed it more than I did.

Phoenixx

The Dark Knight Rises - 7/10

This was good, but not fantastic. I feel like it was pretty overhyped, imo. I'm kinda surprised how much this didn't grab me, since I really love Christopher Nolan films. I enjoyed The Dark Knight so much better... Not sure what else to say about it really. It just didn't hook me like the last one did.

FriendlyShadow

Just out of curiosity, which Narnia movie? I'm assuming The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

Yes, that one. Personally, the first was just too rush paced and I feel they could've added more scenes to extend the movie's length time. If I got to identify with the characters a little more and the fights scenes weren't too brief, I wouldn't have been too disappointed. The other two movies I enjoyed though.

The last film I watched was that Gravity thriller in IMAX 3D. The movie itself was probably an 8 or 8.5 out of 10, but the experience of it in IMAX was definitely a 9. Just breathtaking. Heart-pounding, intense, beautiful, and moving. I really recommend going to see it in IMAX while it's still playing, it was meant for that kind of viewing and not just a regular screen. The graphics used to make outer space are fantastic, it really feels like you're up there floating in outer space. You see the earth and the sun rising, the aurora borealis, etc. The reflections in the helmets... all awesome.

(As a side note, is there even such thing as a "10" movie, or is it just theoretical? All 9's approach 10 but they can never attain perfection can they? I don't know of any movies that qualified as "10s"... But if I had to choose one, it might be the Matrix, my all-time favorite :ironicsmile:).

Last edited:

Phoenixx

I don't usually watch horror, this was on tv and caught my eye, I only saw it in parts as I was doing other things but still enjoyed it - must watch it again in full

Was interested to see that the boy was played by an Australian actor. I remember him from this

"Romulus My Father" - Trailer - YouTube
^ I never watch horror either, but this movie came across as more of a thriller to me. Chilling, but not scary. This movie, and the original that Loner posted, is based on the book Let The Right One In. I'd like to read that sometime if I ever get my hands on it.

I have no idea who that child actor is, but I remember loving his performance in this movie. Must look into his other stuff. This was the film that also made me a fan of Chloe Moretz. I haven't seen all her films, but I do love the few that I have seen. I'm debating whether or not I want to watch her role in the Carrie remake. I'm afraid that film might be too scary for me. (I'm a chicken)