rate the last film you watched

Flanscho

Spirited Away

The film was cute. 8/10 Watched the japanese version with english subtitles, since the closer a film is to the original, the closer it is to the regisseurs idea of the film imho (that's why I don't like those constant american remakes).

That's one of my favorites. :thumbup:
It was a really good film, I'm still asking myself why I didn't see this before, it was released in 2004:eek:
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo!
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time:)
Spirited Away

The film was cute. 8/10 Watched the japanese version with english subtitles, since the closer a film is to the original, the closer it is to the regisseurs idea of the film imho (that's why I don't like those constant american remakes).
Most people don't like English dubbed anime, I prefer English subs too.

The last film I watched was that Gravity thriller in IMAX 3D. The movie itself was probably an 8 or 8.5 out of 10, but the experience of it in IMAX was definitely a 9. Just breathtaking. Heart-pounding, intense, beautiful, and moving. I really recommend going to see it in IMAX while it's still playing, it was meant for that kind of viewing and not just a regular screen. The graphics used to make outer space are fantastic, it really feels like you're up there floating in outer space. You see the earth and the sun rising, the aurora borealis, etc. The reflections in the helmets... all awesome.

(As a side note, is there even such thing as a "10" movie, or is it just theoretical? All 9's approach 10 but they can never attain perfection can they? I don't know of any movies that qualified as "10s"... But if I had to choose one, it might be the Matrix, my all-time favorite :ironicsmile:).

I want to see this movie in IMAX, but I don't really want to drive to Peoria just to see it. :( I think I'll just watch it regularly.

7/10 - agree about the visuals, saw it in regular 3D and it really did give the feel of being in weightless space - IMAX would have been amazing. This movie lost points for me for having too much constant talking, as if they felt they had to fill it all with words; one cliched part of the plot failed from infeasibleness for me and tainted the rest of the story until the memorable ending

Yesterday I was thinking about it and I don't know why I said 8 or 8.5, without the IMAX experience it would have been a 6 or 7. I was just so hyped up about seeing it in IMAX that I wasn't really considering how bland it would be without the immersion factor.

MikeyC

The last film I watched was that Gravity thriller in IMAX 3D. The movie itself was probably an 8 or 8.5 out of 10, but the experience of it in IMAX was definitely a 9. Just breathtaking. Heart-pounding, intense, beautiful, and moving. I really recommend going to see it in IMAX while it's still playing, it was meant for that kind of viewing and not just a regular screen. The graphics used to make outer space are fantastic, it really feels like you're up there floating in outer space. You see the earth and the sun rising, the aurora borealis, etc. The reflections in the helmets... all awesome.
I was considering going to the IMAX in Sydney to see it, but it requires a travel and I wasn't keen. The Sydney screen is the biggest in the world, so it would've been nice, but ultimately I just saw it in 3D in Shellharbour.

I'm glad you enjoyed the experience. :)

This movie lost points for me for having too much constant talking, as if they felt they had to fill it all with words
This was something I noticed, too. I would've loved a lot of silence in the movie, but I commend them for trying something different.

Overall I'd rate it a 7, but it won't be something I'll hunt down on DVD.

Quietguy11

Again, another anime movie. This one everyone should have heard of. Princess Mononoke. Also I watched Wolf Children. Both were fantastic, and I have them 10/10 and 9/10!

Kiwong

The last Legion 4/10

This was really really bad. Plot holes you could drive an Airbus A380 through. Some of the action scenes made me laugh. Like one where a baddie is climbing a ladder, to siege the fort. And it was if he just stood there. "Just stand still while I stab you in the face," to make it easier for the goodie to stab him in the face.

And there were plenty of scenes where the good guys got to die on their backs, whilst being cradled in the arms of their admirers, whilst they got out a good old soliloquy as the life drained from them. What a cliché fest.

We were soldiers 5/10

I only saw the end of this but I though Mel Gibson's acting was diabolical, and so was a few other actors. There was a Scottish lament playing in the background, that sounded like the singer had swallowed a packet of Jaffas.

And another thing all the soldiers had dirty faces that looked like it had applied by make up artists not the labours of battle.

Last edited:

Phoenixx

Enchanted - 7/10

If it wasn't for Tumblr I probably wouldn't even bother watching this film, but I always see the most random gifs from that movie and someone on there messaged me a while ago to tell me how good it was. I don't know what it is about this movie, it's cheesy, corny, yet funny in the most simple ways, and actually good.

Enchanted - 7/10

If it wasn't for Tumblr I probably wouldn't even bother watching this film, but I always see the most random gifs from that movie and someone on there messaged me a while ago to tell me how good it was. I don't know what it is about this movie, it's cheesy, corny, yet funny in the most simple ways, and actually good.

Yeah, it's goofy, but I liked it as well. I love when people start singing and Patrick Dempsey is just like... :eek:.

Gravity (in 3D) 8.75/10

If there was ever a movie made for 3D, it is Gravity. It is visually stunning and beautiful and terrifying all at once. I spent half of the movie physically ducking in my chair to avoid being hit by space debris. Seeing it in a regular theater or watching it at home won't do it any justice. You have to see it in all its glory. I'd say it's only a 7/10 or so without the theater experience.