Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

LoyalXenite

People have always complimented me on my complexion, and I do think I still look kinda young for my age. But man, I was watching clips from Hot Ones and I saw the one with Billie Eilish and it just made me realize how good your skin really looks when you're 20.

She friggin' glows.
The glow is probably from the hot wings 😂

Phoenixx

Hubs and I made the decision to re-home our senior dog today. It's not exactly a usual rehoming in a new environment with new people. His parents came around and agreed to help us out and continue her care indoors, only putting her outside in a fenced in kennel when they have to go out somewhere. We'll still provide all her care, with her food, supplies, and meds and take her to any appointments she needs so his parents don't have to spend anything since she has been a pretty expensive doggo the last few years. We're both relieved overall, even though we wish it didn't come to this. She's in a much safer environment now, and better too for her cognitive health since she's back in a familiar environment with family she likes and cares about and she's the only dog in the house. Our other dog is also not acting so nervous and tense either. Speaking of which I've decided I want to spend the money on a behaviorist and help her work through what happened and get her trained to not be so reactive.

LoyalXenite

Hubs and I made the decision to re-home our senior dog today. It's not exactly a usual rehoming in a new environment with new people. His parents came around and agreed to help us out and continue her care indoors, only putting her outside in a fenced in kennel when they have to go out somewhere. We'll still provide all her care, with her food, supplies, and meds and take her to any appointments she needs so his parents don't have to spend anything since she has been a pretty expensive doggo the last few years. We're both relieved overall, even though we wish it didn't come to this. She's in a much safer environment now, and better too for her cognitive health since she's back in a familiar environment with family she likes and cares about and she's the only dog in the house. Our other dog is also not acting so nervous and tense either. Speaking of which I've decided I want to spend the money on a behaviorist and help her work through what happened and get her trained to not be so reactive.
As hard as situations like this can be it sounds like you've got the best possible plan in action now (y)

MollyBeGood

That’s a good decision. I did that with one of my senior dogs and he was way better off being with my in law at the time. We also were building a home and had stairs he had to go up and down that were very difficult for him, plus my young retriever was too hyper for him. He was much happier at his new home and we visited him often so it wasn’t too hard on us.

Phoenixx

I recently sold an old computer of mine with an additional hard drive on Ebay. I was 99.9% sure I cleared everything off from it. Turns out I still left photos on there. At least the person who purchased it was nice enough to let me know. I feel embarrassed and concerned I made such a dumb mistake. 😳

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
After working 30 years as a social worker at the same company my mom was fired because she can't work a computer as well as someone my age. 6 or 7 years ago my father was fired for a similar reason, I remember hearing him talk about how he had to train the college kids with fancier degrees than him to do the job he was getting fired from.

On the one hand I understand that people need to be able to do their job in order to keep it, and part of the includes keeping up with the times and adapting. I remember an episode of Scrubs which guest starred Dick Van Dike as an old doctor using medical practices that were very dated and how it showed how failing to keep up can cause a person to lose the ability to do their job well.

On the other hand though, doesn't being a loyal employee for almost the entirety of your adult life earn you anything? I mean, my mom's 61, she can't go out and start another career. Would her being less efficient for 3-5 more years really have been that much of a detriment to the company? Maybe the company is going in a direction where it would have been a too much trouble, but if it wasn't...really?

I don't know. I've become someone adept at spotting the anti-silver lining in everything, but I just feel like it's in everything. There is no royal flush in the poker game of life, as we're playing with an deck of cards that is half-Uno, half-Pokemon Trading Card Game. Using Hyper Beam against a Draw Four is flawed from the start.

That rant took a weird turn. *shrugs*

Phoenixx

After working 30 years as a social worker at the same company my mom was fired because she can't work a computer as well as someone my age. 6 or 7 years ago my father was fired for a similar reason, I remember hearing him talk about how he had to train the college kids with fancier degrees than him to do the job he was getting fired from.
I'm so sorry to hear that. That is absolutely ridiculous for a company to do that to a loyal employee. It kinda sucks how much impact technology has with jobs these days. It's pretty much gotten to an all or nothing approach as well, with many companies unwilling to even want to train others to learn to use certain applications and such. It's either you know it or you don't. My current job has me keeping track of inventories and data entries via Excel and while I have some very basic Excel knowledge from college, it has done nothing to prepare me for what I'm looking at and inputting on a weekly basis. It has been a huge self-learning curve, with my boss not bothering to teach me properly and my coworker not having time to hold my hand through it. I have basic Excel knowledge, so the way they look at it, I think, is that I'll figure out the rest. 🤷‍♀️

It's the same all or nothing approach with social media as well, especially with marketing and business fields. A few years ago when I was still in college, I applied for a summer internship at a local private nutrition office for a secretary position. Part of that position included running the company's webpage and social media accounts as well. Because I was only familiar with Facebook at the time, I didn't get the internship, despite checking all other requirements. It's dumb, but it did open my eyes to how reliant companies are with adaptation and understanding to current technologies and our social culture. Although that being said I still only use FB and Instagram and have never used anything else. No Snapchat, no TikTok, no Twitter, no to whatever else is out there that I don't know about.

Phoenixx

Carpal tunnel flare in right arm? Check.
Large production today at work in which will only worsen carpal tunnel? Check
Still exhausted from the last 2 weeks of work kicking my ass between having to come in early and stay late? Check.
Snowstorm hitting my area this afternoon and through the night which will take forever to get home from work and may have to go into work late tomorrow morning? Also check.

Today's looking up to be an amazing day! 😩

Phoenixx

I need to go back to therapy. I can't do anything about it though until the new year rolls around and I get new insurance cards since I'm switching to another plan. I won't be going back to see the same therapist though as before. I'm not happy with how she handled things overall honestly. I should've never been let go when I was doing fairly okay. I have been slowly sinking since then and my current job has only exacerbated these feelings. I should've been given more exercises on how to manage my thoughts and feelings and I wasn't.

Oh well. Whatever. I'm too naive half the time to notice until it's too late. :rolleyes:

F0AM

Hey everyone! how are you all doing? After (yet anoher) crappy year, i'm back here :p Wish i could say it's been due to covid, but in truth it has nothing to do with it (at least it didnt directly affect anyone that i know so that's good), more like the same old stuff. Made some improvements regarding my social anxiety tho xD could be worse, yet to me is not enough.

Anyway, as i said many times before, this website feels like home and i'll stay for a while 😊