Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER

skillz.jpg

Phoenixx

I will never understand my own country or the region I live in for making everything into a god damn political debate. :rolleyes: Wear a mask to protect other people? THAT'S THE GOVERNMENT TRYING TO CONTROL ME! Coronavirus? YOU MEAN THE MADE-UP ILLNESS FROM CHINA THAT THEY RELEASED HERE?! IT WAS INVENTED IN A WUHAN LAB, DON'T YOU KNOW???

Fucking Facebook, I swear...

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I wonder if people get emails when someone @'s them. Like, if I say " @BlueDays is the best I wonder where she's been" would she get an email and then pop in to say "Oh, sorry I've been busy. I had to slay two dragons last week. Australia is crazy!"

If so, I think I'd like to @ people more often. I think I'd just @ everyone. Like who else is slaying dragons? This plan runs into a bit of a snag though, because there isn't a master members list like there was on the old forum, or not one I can find. Only the members with the most posts, likes, the mods, and today's birthdays are listed. I could do it if it was the old forum, except I'm not sure that even had an @ feature. It's a bit of a no win situation. All I want to do is bombard old forum members with mentions until SPW is super active with a bunch of people complaining about how vj won't stop mentioning them in posts. Is that so much to ask?

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I wonder if people get emails when someone @'s them. Like, if I say " @BlueDays is the best I wonder where she's been" would she get an email and then pop in to say "Oh, sorry I've been busy. I had to slay two dragons last week. Australia is crazy!"

If so, I think I'd like to @ people more often. I think I'd just @ everyone. Like who else is slaying dragons? This plan runs into a bit of a snag though, because there isn't a master members list like there was on the old forum, or not one I can find. Only the members with the most posts, likes, the mods, and today's birthdays are listed. I could do it if it was the old forum, except I'm not sure that even had an @ feature. It's a bit of a no win situation. All I want to do is bombard old forum members with mentions until SPW is super active with a bunch of people complaining about how vj won't stop mentioning them in posts. Is that so much to ask?

My browser completes the name when I tag someone, for instance when I started typing Graeme it popped-up as Graeme1988.

@Graeme1988

But when I tagged @BlueDays, hers didn't come up. Wasn't she MandyMouse or something at one point though? Maybe if you changed your name at some point it doesn't work.

@NathanielWingatePeaslee

Phoenixx

I'm not sure why I bother to try to have a relationship with my father. Even better, I don't know why I somehow hang onto this minute inkling of hope that he'll come around and be interested in actually caring about me or my life. He's only ever been there if he thought I needed money or for the rare special occasion, usually those involving gifts. But he doesn't even bother with my birthday anymore. Not that I want gifts. Just a "Happy Birthday" would be nice. I can't remember the last time he told me that. He only calls when he needs something, and even that is extremely rare. There was a hard time in the fall where my dad showed a very emotional side to himself, that I've never seen in my life. That was the last time I conversed with him, and it was over the phone. Actually had a conversation, not random small talk.

I know he's depressed. I know he's unhappy with his life, it's obvious. But he put himself there with his own choices. He has the power to change and yet he doesn't. I hate sounding like a jerk but I just can't sympathize with that. It'd be different if he was actively making change but he's not. Wallow, sulk, and push everyone away and shut everyone out. Once upon a time he was a great dad, but I don't know what happened and I don't think I'll ever know and I won't ever have that person in my life again.

Phoenixx

I have a job interview lined up first thing Monday morning. It's for a temporary 2nd shift job in food production, but it's something. Full-time, no benefits, but it still pays decent. I don't really like 2nd shift jobs, but I'm kinda desperate to get back out working again. Shift runs from 2:30pm to anywhere between 10pm - 12am. As a morning person, I hope this shift doesn't try to kill me. It'll only be until August/September though.

theoutsider

I have a job interview lined up first thing Monday morning. It's for a temporary 2nd shift job in food production, but it's something. Full-time, no benefits, but it still pays decent. I don't really like 2nd shift jobs, but I'm kinda desperate to get back out working again. Shift runs from 2:30pm to anywhere between 10pm - 12am. As a morning person, I hope this shift doesn't try to kill me. It'll only be until August/September though.

Good luck, Phoenixx!

Phoenixx

Got news tonight that someone I used to go to high school with passed away from an overdose. I used to be friends with her growing up, but cut ties a long time ago since she was hanging with the wrong people. I tried to rekindle that friendship right after high school but permanently let that ship sail not long after when I realized she hadn't changed.

It sucks because I never thought she was a bad person. Just a person getting involved with people she shouldn't have gotten involved with doing shitty things. She didn't even come from a broken home, her family was always so nice and respectful, so I never did understand why she did the things she did. So I can't imagine what war she must've been at with herself to get involved with addiction. I just wish she saw herself like I saw her, or like how I'm sure other people saw her too. Her good side anyways.

Thinking about this has made me realize how I feel I should be more thankful for my life, how I cope with things, and how I should complain a little less given what I've earned and have received over the last few years. I may be depressed, but I'm coping. Not always in the healthiest way sometimes as far as self-talk goes, but I've always been strong-willed enough to weather the storms even when it hurts. My own extended family's history of alcohol abuse, and being close to others who have had addiction issues, has kind of scared me enough to know not to ever go down those roads. I know I carry those genetic components too. Glad I've always been the cautious type and always looking for a better way to deal with things, but I really feel for those who do struggle with those issues.