Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Phoenixx

It's dawning on me, that I'm not doing better, it's just that I just gave up. Life is a cakewalk once you say fuck it.

Yeah, I FEEL better because there's a lot less stress and anxiety, but it comes at the cost of sitting still while everything and everyone is passing me by.
Honestly though, sometimes you have to sit still in order to go forward. Because sitting still allows you to figure out where you want to go and enjoy your own company instead of keeping up with everyone else. Once I finally took on this mentality last year for college, the last two semesters have been a lot less stressful on me. Even now with graduating, I couldn't care less about what everyone else is doing after. I do me, and I know what I want.

You do you, Fountain. What you're saying doesn't sound like giving up to me.

LoyalXenite

It's dawning on me, that I'm not doing better, it's just that I just gave up. Life is a cakewalk once you say fuck it.

Yeah, I FEEL better because there's a lot less stress and anxiety, but it comes at the cost of sitting still while everything and everyone else is passing me by.

I was gonna say similar to Phoenix, sometimes you gotta sit and catch your breath in life. When you're ready you can get back up again and give it another try, maybe with a different direction or purpose in mind

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
archie-kidnap.jpg

Miserum

It's dawning on me, that I'm not doing better, it's just that I gave up. Life is a cakewalk once you say fuck it.

Yeah, I FEEL better because there's a lot less stress and anxiety, but it comes at the cost of sitting still while everything and everyone else is passing me by.

In my experience, the existential angst of doing nothing, of not putting good effort into life, inevitably became unbearable; I decided recently that the only way I'm ever going to be happy is if I face and defeat my fears, to push through them. It's a work in progress. I'm of the belief that we only get one life. We can either do something with it or do nothing with it. Better to do something with it... to push through our toughest challenges with the belief that our spirits are indomitable. The time will pass anyway.

Miserum

Pretty chilled out, actually.

All my errands and chores for the weekend are completed. I have a bit of quiet time to myself right now. I've got some mellow fucking meditative music playing and there's a cool breeze coming in through the window. I really can't be bothered at this moment.

feels_good_man_by_damaimikaz-db173qk.jpg

Last edited:

Miserum

Since I've been working full time, I've actually had to make an effort to remind myself of the bigger scope of things. Before I decided to drown myself in work and adult life, I'd always look up into the night sky, at least 3 times a week, and remind myself how tiny the human race is, how tiny our planet is, and how terrifyingly awesome the cosmos really is.

I literally had to remind myself to look at the sky this weekend--as I've somehow completely forgot about it--being that my thoughts have been enveloped by work and my tiny, localized ape worries.

IC342Medvedevas.jpg

SoScared

Sometimes you have to realize and then accept that everybody is lying. It has become the corporate culture even or perhaps especially within organizations that are out there to help you. You can look them in the eyes and think your lying to me. The trouble with this is that to survive you have to become a player. Let them lie as long as you get what you want. OK, it works like that but it is deceitful and after a while it wears you down. You end up becoming deceitful yourself.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Lots of field work. An 8 hour hike looking for a mallee, went to the wrong spot. Then a day observibg a drone and abseiling survey I organised for a rare plant growing on cliffs. Stayed overnight in a house with 2 other people. Getting better at hanging out with humans.

A farewell lunch today
Sounds like a damn good job you have there mate (y)

SilentAndShy

I am so anxiety filled, miserable and uncommunicative since last week. My driving anxiety makes it so that I have to gee myself up for every time that I drive as I have so much confidence in my ability, and also in my woeful inadequate knowledge of everything relating to cars. I don't even have the courage to ask for help incase I'm belittled, or the close relationships with my siblings.

I've had a car that I've no faith in for 8 months, driving sporadically when I need to. Last weekend, it stopped working and I had no idea what to do. How to solve it. Luckily, I found solace online at least. But since then I ignored it and it took ages to send a text asking for help, that resulted in nothing successful happening to solve the issue. Just as well I haven't got a busy month where I'd be needing my car...

I've barely spoken and have no desire to, even to my wide and kids. I don't deserve them. A poor husband and father I am.