Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

SilentAndShy

I feel overloaded with things at work - I could probably handle my increasing workload (not yet learnt how to say no) if it wasn't for the whole way I feel about my social interactions with colleagues. I sit in my own, small office which I do enjoy at times, being able to be further away from some of the inane discussion about things in the main area, however I feel awkward walking into their space and starting conversation, when I do one person barely looks and seems dismissive. I was thinking about looking for new opportunities and felt after 5 years maybe I'd had enough (was gutted not to be on the interview list for a job) and the changing work dynamic that hasn't been for the better, has been another factor to want to work in a mature, work ethic friendly environment. Everything feels like it's happening at once in terms of my declining friendliness to others, and an inability to engage with others who I feel don't take my engagement with any sincerity or interest. Anyway, I've waffled enough..

Phoenixx

I think I need a sign over my bed that read "Go to sleep; You'll feel better in the morning" because that almost always seems to be the case. Nonetheless I periodically find myself up late feeling the need to find the solution some problem that weighs much more heavily on me at midnight than at 8 am....

Eventually I go to sleep, wake up in the morning, and feel fine. The harsh realities I have to deal with haven't gone away, and the magical solutions for them are no more likely than they were the night before, but I see the middle area between them a little more clearly now. Ironically though, I decided to write this in the evening which has now become night, so now all I can think about is deciding between finding a sugar momma, or getting hit by a bus.
I get the same way when I'm stuck on a problem, except my feeling fine doesn't happen until I find a solution. Once I have an issue on my hands, my brain says, "We need to fix this NOW! QUICKLY!" And I'm left restlessly cycling through solutions until I figure one out. I can go nights tossing and turning and losing sleep over it. Then I go through the day with it still nagging at the back of my mind until I give myself the chance to think about it. It becomes obsessive for me. I have found that can be a blessing or a curse, as sometimes I do come up with some pretty good ideas and I eventually figure things out. But it can be so hard convincing myself of the inevitable, that some things need to stay the way they are before they can change.

I hope you find your answers, vj. Or a sugar momma. ;)

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I always enjoy reading your long posts, vj!! They are always insightful and entertaining at the same time. (y) 💛
Sorry, my mind is too exhausted to think/offer any advise on your dilemma atm.

I should put a sign above my bed that says:
"Stop stressing Blue! There is always tomorrow, to get it done" :)

We should start a SA sign business, with signs people can put all over their houses to constantly remind them of things. If I didn't live with my parents, I would happily put signs everywhere ::p:

I get the same way when I'm stuck on a problem, except my feeling fine doesn't happen until I find a solution. Once I have an issue on my hands, my brain says, "We need to fix this NOW! QUICKLY!" And I'm left restlessly cycling through solutions until I figure one out. I can go nights tossing and turning and losing sleep over it. Then I go through the day with it still nagging at the back of my mind until I give myself the chance to think about it. It becomes obsessive for me. I have found that can be a blessing or a curse, as sometimes I do come up with some pretty good ideas and I eventually figure things out. But it can be so hard convincing myself of the inevitable, that some things need to stay the way they are before they can change.

I hope you find your answers, vj. Or a sugar momma. ;)

Blessing and a curse, I was going to say the same thing. While it may occupy your mind for longer, it seems like you're more likely to come out the other end with a actionable plan or the perspective that the best action is to do nothing. I wish I was able to do that a little more often actually. Late at night I recognize feel the weight of my action (or inaction) on my near and far future, but day-to-day I don't feel that same pressure. A little bit of healthy stress to motivate could go a long way I am thinking.

Phoenixx

I need to buy a gift soon for my brother-in-law's fiance and I'm entirely stumped on what to get. I usually consider myself the Leslie Knope of gift giving, but this one's hard. :unsure:

Phoenixx

Whenever I'm stumped for gift ideas, I just buy a gift-card to a restaurant the person likes. Do they like Starbucks? I know Starbucks people love those gift-cards.
I was thinking of a gift card too, but maybe for a photo print service so they can put that towards printing wedding photos. I'm always cautious with gift cards though because I'm so afraid that people think I'm lazy or I don't care.

I think I might end up doing this though and pairing it with a frame. 🤔

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I was thinking of a gift card too, but maybe for a photo print service so they can put that towards printing wedding photos. I'm always cautious with gift cards though because I'm so afraid that people think I'm lazy or I don't care.

I think I might end up doing this though and pairing it with a frame. 🤔

I would put the gift card in the frame. :)

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Rain does some major calming on my psychological state.
I often find Rain Sounds on Youtube and listen to it for as long as possible. ☕️🍪 🌈

Going to Google why rain is so incredibly calming to some people's mood....
It does the same to me Blue!
There's something so comforting about being inside and warm on a cold rainy day.. looking out at the rain as I play my fav games, or watch a movie :)

LoyalXenite

Rain does some major calming on my psychological state.
I often find Rain Sounds on Youtube and listen to it for as long as possible. ☕️🍪 🌈

Going to Google why rain is so incredibly calming to some people's mood....

It used to soothe me, but after living in a place that floods, then where I live now which can flood a bit and where the roof leaks a bit in heavy rain, I've developed a bit of a complex around rain (and wind!) o_O:LOL:

I like rain because it means nobody's gonna call and ask me to do anything.

I never thought that it could be good for people because of that reason.
That can be my "you learn something new everyday" fulfilled for today, ticked off. (y)

I also just discovered an actual benefit of having 0 friends/really close family/associates in life............I never have to worry about anyone ringing me and asking me to do anything!! :D