Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

LoyalXenite

Omg! The flat earthers were right!! Here's a pic of the edge of the world!
View attachment 4294
tenor.gif

Oh boy... Last night was a lot of fun, but my ex was trying to hold my hand - deflecting his advances was a bit awkward. He really wants to be with me, but it’s not mutual. This always seems to happen to me. I can never attract the guy I want, just the ones I don’t.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Oh boy... Last night was a lot of fun, but my ex was trying to hold my hand - deflecting his advances was a bit awkward. He really wants to be with me, but it’s not mutual. This always seems to happen to me. I can never attract the guy I want, just the ones I don’t.
I recently dated a woman. She's attractive, we get along well. Things in bed were ok.. but, I don't know... There's nothing wrong with her to be honest. Am I looking for Ms perfect? Someone who isn't out there? I long for a true connection. Someone who makes me feel it's ok to be me. I'm starting to doubt that person is even out there.

I recently dated a woman. She's attractive, we get along well. Things in bed were ok.. but, I don't know... There's nothing wrong with her to be honest. Am I looking for Ms perfect? Someone who isn't out there? I long for a true connection. Someone who makes me feel it's ok to be me. I'm starting to doubt that person is even out there.
See, I struggle with the same thing. Maybe my standards are too high? Maybe I’m not pretty enough or good enough to attract what I am after. I flip flop between believing there’s someone out there for me and believing there isn’t. There’s a guy at work I am insanely attracted to and I hate it. I know it’s mostly physical and I found out he wears glasses (my weird fetish) which only heightened my attraction. I hate wanting someone I know isn’t right for me/out of my league.

However, I am glad you met someone Pug. I’m happy you formed some sort of connection because even if it’s fleeting, these small romances make life more bearable.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
So I started the year with health problems, my laptop died 2 days ago, my beloved car just died in a tragic accident this morning, I broke my face on the ice on my way home, the neighbours are fighting, the baby is screaming downstairs and of course now I just got my period because this day didn't suck enough yet. This is starting to feel like I'm entering a new era of bad luck. I guess my life was going so smoothly in the past years, I must have drained all the luck available for me.

Can't wait to see if I'm getting fired this year.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
So I started the year with health problems, my laptop died 2 days ago, my beloved car just died in a tragic accident this morning, I broke my face on the ice on my way home, the neighbours are fighting, the baby is screaming downstairs and of course now I just got my period because this day didn't suck enough yet. This is starting to feel like I'm entering a new era of bad luck. I guess my life was going so smoothly in the past years, I must have drained all the luck available for me.

Can't wait to see if I'm getting fired this year.
Yea that sounds like a pretty shitty run of bad luck Pacific... I feel for you.*hugs*

All things come to an end, even bad luck.
Late last year in the space of 2 days I had my beloved bike stolen, became injured and lost my job, had a relationship end and became homeless.
I think good and bad luck can be like waves.
They come and go.
Keep your chin up my friend.

Pacific_Loner

Yea that sounds like a pretty shitty run of bad luck Pacific... I feel for you.*hugs*

All things come to an end, even bad luck.
Late last year in the space of 2 days I had my beloved bike stolen, became injured and lost my job, had a relationship end and became homeless.
I think good and bad luck can be like waves.
They come and go.
Keep your chin up my friend.

In just 2 days, geez that sucks a lot.

I know it will be fine eventually. I noticed the waves too. I'll just hang on tight and keep my sense of humor. My first priority is to buy another car though, because as you may know, when everything goes to shit, but you still have a car, you can sleep in the car.

DeadmanWalking

In just 2 days, geez that sucks a lot.

I know it will be fine eventually. I noticed the waves too. I'll just hang on tight and keep my sense of humor. My first priority is to buy another car though, because as you may know, when everything goes to shit, but you still have a car, you can sleep in the car.
A sense of humor is a very good thing to have in trying times. It helps keep you from the brink and helps you critically analyze your problems so you can make the best decisions. It also helps to have friends and family who can emotionally and materially help support you. Do you have someone you can ask for help with these things or just people to talk with?

Pacific_Loner

A sense of humor is a very good thing to have in trying times. It helps keep you from the brink and helps you critically analyze your problems so you can make the best decisions. It also helps to have friends and family who can emotionally and materially help support you. Do you have someone you can ask for help with these things or just people to talk with?

Surprisingly, I do have support, which always come as a surprise to me since I am of no support myself. Unless you're dying or something. And even then I'll be like "ok I'll come over but if I find out you were not really dying I'm going to be pissed."

It feels foreign to receive positive encouragement from other people nowadays.

It seems that these days, people would rather put others down/criticise them, instead of giving positive feedback to people.
I wonder if it has always been like that throughout history, or does it happen more so
now, due to the acceptable judging nature of social media. :unsure:

I suspect humankind was always composed mostly of agressive a**holes since the beginning of time. That's why decent friends are so precious.

DeadmanWalking

Surprisingly, I do have support, which always come as a surprise to me since I am of no support myself. Unless you're dying or something. And even then I'll be like "ok I'll come over but if I find out you were not really dying I'm going to be pissed."
I'm sure you support others in ways you don't realize. It's often amazing how the smallest things we do can mean the world to someone else. I'm sure you've heard or seen stories of how people just simply sitting down and eating lunch with another person or simply saying "Hello" could make the difference between that other person wanting to live or wanting to end it all. Besides, we're all our own worst critic so we're biased in how we view our actions and influences in regards to others.