Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

lily

"There would be nothing to frighten you if you refused to be afraid."

Screw you, Gandhi.
Today i went to get something to eat and then there was this nice lady who owns the place talking to my sister and also said sth to me and i couldn't look at her basically and talk so that was discouraging. in my mind i was thinking that if a lot of regular and so on people can talk and look at each other then why can't i but i couldn't do it. :sad: I'm planning on getting more help.

cappatown420

Today i went to get something to eat and then there was this nice lady who owns the place talking to my sister and also said sth to me and i couldn't look at her basically and talk so that was discouraging. in my mind i was thinking that if a lot of regular and so on people can talk and look at each other then why can't i but i couldn't do it. :sad: I'm planning on getting more help.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
There was a lot about that character Gandhi that seemed "unreal" to me.

But I do believe if we can compartmentalize the feeling of "fear" we could better control it.

I agree, he was a great man but definitely not perfect, which there's nothing wrong with; I've never been one for hero worship, anyway.

People are just people and that includes the great ones, you gotta take them as a whole; they make mistakes, they do shitty things, they disappoint... but that's real life.

I was just being petulant when I typed that "screw Gandhi" stuff. Anybody who's got the willpower to go on a hunger strike definitely gets my respect.

giphy.gif

Kiwong

I think maybe "talking to people" is overrated, in a context where it's not necessary (small talk), especially for those who don't enjoy it or do not need it.

I talk to people and I can't read them, there often seems to a subtext going on, a kind of two-faced exchange, particularly in the work environment.