Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Hot_Tamale

I have earned three college degrees and am going for a big certification exam this year. I have accomplished this with little to no real friends to talk to or share activities with in the real world the whole time. Is it proof I don't need friends in my life or does it just show I have accomplished something good in spite of my social circumstances? I don't know.

I have earned three college degrees and am going for a big certification exam this year. I have accomplished this with little to no real friends to talk to or share activities with in the real world the whole time. Is it proof I don't need friends in my life or does it just show I have accomplished something good in spite of my social circumstances? I don't know.
That's quite an accomplishment! You should be proud of yourself. I would say you did it in spite of having no friends because humans are social animals - we need friends and social interaction.

grapevine

rats have eaten bait in the ceiling and have all died - inaccessible to retrieve and the stench of dead bodies is overwhelming esp above my bed .

MollyBeGood

rats have eaten bait in the ceiling and have all died - inaccessible to retrieve and the stench of dead bodies is overwhelming esp above my bed .

Omg that sounds horrible, grapevine. Can you find someone to retrieve them?

I remember once living in a really old house that had a mice problem and they had babies in a drawer in the kitchen. I was horrified! I had no idea they were so invasive! I am very careful now about open doors too long and if I do trap I use those sticky ones or the metal bait traps in more prominent areas so I can dispose of them easier.

good luck!

What's your version of happiness?
That's a good question... I guess happiness, for me, is not hating myself. More specifically, hating the way I look - being able to wake up and not be instantly struck with painful disappointment that I am not prettier or of better circumstance. That had happened a few times and I have to say, it was ****ing nice to feel pretty.

Apart from that, I am lonely. I hate admitting it because I feel like it makes me weak - I even tried to convince myself that I didn't want a boyfriend, but I do. I don't want to be thirsty; desperate for anyone who comes my way - it has to be right. I just miss waking up next to someone who I know loves me - they can see me in a way I can't see myself. A best friend and lover to go on adventures with - someone who is always on your team. Having it once makes it harder to live without. Those two things would make me very happy.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I want to be wanted, liked, respected, and thought highly of by others, but more so I want to be able to look at myself from the outside and see myself as someone who I would desire, want, like, respect, and think highly of.

Liking who I am is most important, and in instances that I do others liking me as well is a bonus. When I don't, others liking me is meaningless. It's like failing a test and being told you did an amazing job. I didn't do an amazing job. I have to get an A before praise for my score would be significant.

I think it's a reason I isolate myself a lot and I just lock out the rest of the world a lot, I feel like I am a failing grade. I don't want to be disliked for it, but I also don't want to be praised for something that deserves no praise. If those are the only two outcomes, it feels like I should keep my grade to myself until I bring it up.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
giphy.gif

Hot_Tamale

The morning of Feb. 6th, so I'm where I'm supposed to be for my Red Cross CPR/AED certification class with about 4 other people. There's a plastic CPR dummy on the far table, with two other tables nearby to form a U-shape, so we all sit down where the instructor-lady can see us. Then the CPR instructor gets everyone's attention and says she needs to see each of our printed forms before the class begins that proves we took and completed the online portion of the class. I gave a "deer in the headlights" look and...long story short had to reschedule because I didn't know about the online portion of the class like everyone else did.

This is a perfect illustration of my social anxiety. Being afraid to step out of my comfort zone for fear of looking like the fool in front of everyone.

It ends on a happy ending though: I'm rescheduled on another day off from work and I don't have to pay again.

The lesson I learned: Making progress in life doesn't mean neat, orderly steps without making huge mistakes. Next time, I'm checking my email after paying online for something.

Hot_Tamale

I feel like maybe I had too high of an opinion of my appearance (not super high, but higher than it is now) because after watching that, I am just so ****ing unattractive. I can't wait to make some decent money so I can fix this because I just want to hide :sad:
I hope someone buys you candies - or at least a rose - this upcoming Valentine's day. No women deserves to feel that way on V-Day.

I hope someone buys you candies - or at least a rose - this upcoming Valentine's day. No women deserves to feel that way on V-Day.

Aww, thanks Hot_Tamale - that was super sweet. I have my fingers crossed for a secret admirer, but it's not likely. I walked back to school for my last class - it put me in a better head space. I just need to make strides to improve my appearance - I know going to the gym tonight will help, too.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I feel like complete shit about myself. I had my informative speech today - it was recorded. I made the mistake of watching my video just now - I am a hideous as **** woman. I look uglier in the video than I do in the mirror... I seriously just want to cry because it's worse than I thought. I ****ed up on my speech and was obviously very nervous, made little eye contact with the audience, and relied too heavily on my notes.

I feel like maybe I had too high of an opinion of my appearance (not super high, but higher than it is now) because after watching that, I am just so ****ing unattractive. I can't wait to make some decent money so I can fix this because I just want to hide :sad:

Now I'm curious as Hell, ha ha. You're probably being way too hard on yourself again.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I still haven't got an A3 2018 calendar, and I just spent time watching an hour long documentary on the history of this video games...
Da f*ck am I doing with ma life? :eek:mg:

maxresdefault.jpg