Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Dear Graeme, you are one of the most wonderful people on this forum. you must just get out of your own head and see it.

Thanks fur the compliment, Hoppy. Still strugglin' tae git out o' ma ain heid tae see how wonderful ah um. Some insight intae how ah go aboot that, would be helpful. Ah don't know, ah guess whit that doctor said to me when ah wuz a wee lad huz really stick wi' me: "You can live withoot the use o' yer legs, but not yer mind"

Graeme1988

Why does society celebrate attention seeking,narcissistic bigots who don't give a shit about anyone but themselves?

Because we like in a shallow, superficial cultural where that's now the norm. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Piers Morgan et al...

You're not of any value if ye dinnae huv the latest gadget, aren't listen to the latest "cool" music, dressing a certain way, and watching whatever overhyped TV show that "everyone's watching". And if yer not takin' "selfies" in a famous art gallery in London or wherever else - guess what? You're an individual.

Lavinialuna

I went to Sydney on Monday to see my third psychologist. In the hotel I watching a move about survivors in the South tower on 9/11. They were interviewing a guy who survived in a lift that fell 78 stories to the ground after the cables were severed. He spoke of a voice that he heard that told him not to give up, to keep fighting.

I thought, I have that voice, it is the one I heard in Brisbane in 2005 when I reached my lowest point, when I was ready to give up on life. And I listened to it, and took one step after another, and ran a marathon. I reckon everyone has that voice, I call it the voice of my guide. Things had to get really desperate for me to listen to it, but it was powerful to make a miracle happen.
That is inspirational!

If everybuddy's got a purpose in life... Whit's mine? Coz ah dinnae huv a clue, masel'. :idontknow:

They say that just existing- is enough. I believe that. I had an existential crisis a couple years ago, wondering what my legacy would be- but then I realized that I don't give a flying fart if people remember me or not. I'm gonna live to make myself happy, to do good (because it feels good) and just simply BE, slow down, enjoy life. We don't gotta know the answers.... in fact the happiest days of my life were when I was a tiny child and didn't know half of what I know now. Wish I could go back!

Dear Graeme, you are one of the most wonderful people on this forum. you must just get out of your own head and see it.
I agree :thumbup:

Graeme1988

They say that just existing- is enough. I believe that. I had an existential crisis a couple years ago, wondering what my legacy would be- but then I realized that I don't give a flying fart if people remember me or not.

Ah've came tae that same realisation aboot bein' remembered or no'... Huv the same feelin' anaw.

I'm gonna live to make myself happy, to do good (because it feels good) and just simply BE, slow down, enjoy life.

Ah wish ah could dae the same but ma family seems tae always think ma priority is makin' them happy. :thumbdown:

We don't gotta know the answers.... in fact the happiest days of my life were when I was a tiny child and didn't know half of what I know now. Wish I could go back!

Same here... Though, if ah didnae huv tae deal wi' incessant bullyin' an' ignorance of some c*nts - it's be aw the better.

I agree :thumbup:

Eh, thanks... Ah don't know whit else tae say, really. :shyness:

dottie

^ That could explain why I had an unnatural love of playing with mud pies when I was a young child. I wonder what my neighbours would think of me if I started to take that hobby up again now? :ironicsmile:

Do it next to tomato plants and they will never know the difference!

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
"I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It's not.
The worst thing in life is ending up with people who make you feel all alone."

I Like your quote Regret93 :thumbup:

MollyBeGood

survey says-60% of the population is completely subjectable to mind-control via advertising.

I have a feeling most people here are not in that group. :)

MollyBeGood

*Pukes*FB is one huge tracking device of everything and we all use it like it's so friendly and fun when it is basically nefarious to the core. Good Bye Freedom! There's a file on us all.

I do like that so many here are against social media.

I use it under a fake name. I debate all of the time if I should have one. I ultimately think I am stupid for having it. Oh well I am already on "the list" so f%$* it.

*Pukes*FB is one huge tracking device of everything and we all use it like it's so friendly and fun when it is basically nefarious to the core. Good Bye Freedom! There's a file on us all.

I use it under a fake name. I debate all of the time if I should have one. I ultimately think I am stupid for having it. Oh well I am already on "the list" so f%$* it.

Same with smart phones. Mine has a gps i can't disable and Google always wants to know my location, it flashes "turn on location". I can turn the gps either on or to 911 only. Great. So its either public to all or public to the jack-booted thugs. Yay. :thumbdown:

Lavinialuna

I have mine under my first and middle name only. That way if I make comments on anything other than a friends status no one knows who I am. I even made my city a different city. I suppose I am just paranoid?
I really am growing to hate it though, don't like to post much anymore, mostly just read. I use it for messaging my family. Hate to be out of the loop, hate to be in it.

Pretty soon its gonna be that every time a citizen interacts with the cops, they'll hook his/her phone up to something and see who they talk to and where they've been and when. And when they ask for mine, ill smile at them after i drop it and then grind it into the pavement under my boot heel. Bye bye LG phone. Get my info now, creeps!