Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

hoddesdon

I opened a carton of eggs for the first time just then (the first time for that carton, not the first time ever), and discovered one was missing. I have seen people open cartons in the supermarket before. Is the supermarket employee "Mr X" out there feasting on ill-gotten eggs each morning? It was probably a mistake. Such things happen surprisingly rarely really. There are lots of opportunities. Some people say everything is relative, yet spiritual values are almost always followed. If they were not, and absolutely every single tiny thing had to be checked every time, then everything would be impossible.

I'm honestly embarassed to be British sometimes. Its in the news that a Nigerian lady flew over here so that she could have her children in our hospitals and alllllll people can moan about is the impact on their taxes and say "go home" bla bla rather than look at the bigger picture and think about WHY people are having to leave their homelands and WHY we should be grateful that we're already here.

Makes me so cross!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

100 "Internet points" for you ma'am!

Good to see someone with a decent brain making a sensible comment about "illegal immigration" :D.

I know both sides of "the coin" in this topic and I know that mostly all arguments as to why "soft illegal immigration" is wrong/bad are just disguised expressions of racism (a derivative of hate). Wish the world would have more "love" - would sure fix a lot of our problems :). I don't think we'd have social phobia if it wasn't for "hate" :D

Just my 2 cents.

Rembrandt Broam

Haha, thank you :) I mean I understand that we need to have limits but what annoys me is when you tell these people of a story like this and all they can say is, "I'm not racist, but... my taxes... blabla" Fine, but the lack of people within this group who have the compassion to look at why people feel the need to emigrate is just scary. And if you mention that to them, they just accuse you of being pathetic and weak.
You don't have to accept immigrants to have an understanding or a sympathy of why they are trying to escape, but the lack of people who can see both sides of an argument scares me, and ashames me.

I bet the people who complain the most would be the first ones to do exactly the same if they found themselves in the immigrant's position.

simpsons2007

My ex has left the house which is always good I can't stand being around her. It's just a pity that she's only gone out for a day trip and that she'll be coming back again. I'll have to make the most of It while shes out. I'll be glad when it's all finally over but that is going to take time. I hate the fact that I have to pretend to be nice to her.