Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

WeirdyMcGee

Should we have a forum birthday thread?

How did I get the 'throat infection that's going around' if I don't have any contact with people?
haha
ef.

surewhynot

The other day, my Social Psychology teacher asked us to make a list of our strenghts and weaknesses... I simply didn't really know what to write. Like, I guess that I'm nice, though I wouldn't consider that a strenght... and I guess that I can kinda draw, but I know people ten times better at it than me... Why would I need to have strenghts anyway, can't I just be average?

So in the few minutes that he gave us I had written down two strenghts and two weaknesses, which seemed fine to me. Then this preppy girl next to me looks at my sheet, then looks at me and says ''you don't have many there haha.'' She had a long list of strenghts written down, atleast 20, and just a few weaknesses.

Now, I know that she was just kidding and didn't mean to bum me out, but that's kinda what happened..

Then we had to form up teams for a big project, and, me not having any friends in the course, end up with this same girl and two atheltic guys. So while they're talking about shopping or sports or some random stuff that I don't care for, I'm just staring outside the window, looking at the sunlight through the leaves blown by the wind, thinking of nothingness... finally some peace... only to have her interrupt it by asking me why I'm not talking or why I'm acting weird... How am I supposed to answer that?

Sorry for ranting about meaningless stuff.. I don't even know why I'm here..

Nathália

The other day, my Social Psychology teacher asked us to make a list of our strenghts and weaknesses... I simply didn't really know what to write. Like, I guess that I'm nice, though I wouldn't consider that a strenght... and I guess that I can kinda draw, but I know people ten times better at it than me... Why would I need to have strenghts anyway, can't I just be average?

So in the few minutes that he gave us I had written down two strenghts and two weaknesses, which seemed fine to me. Then this preppy girl next to me looks at my sheet, then looks at me and says ''you don't have many there haha.'' She had a long list of strenghts written down, atleast 20, and just a few weaknesses.

Now, I know that she was just kidding and didn't mean to bum me out, but that's kinda what happened..

Then we had to form up teams for a big project, and, me not having any friends in the course, end up with this same girl and two atheltic guys. So while they're talking about shopping or sports or some random stuff that I don't care for, I'm just staring outside the window, looking at the sunlight through the leaves blown by the wind, thinking of nothingness... finally some peace... only to have her interrupt it by asking me why I'm not talking or why I'm acting weird... How am I supposed to answer that?

Sorry for ranting about meaningless stuff.. I don't even know why I'm here..

Your rant does not sound meaningless, promise. That probably would have been me in your position. How about making a list for yourself? Or challenge yourself to do something. It is alright, I'm sure you are capable of a lot. People are a different places in their lives. Sorry you had to go through that in the classroom today, I can feel my face burning just think about your situation because it seems like something I would have went through. Just keep on being strong.

Beatmetrics

...in a world full of uncertainty there of course is really no answers....in a world full of why me's the only response that is valid is because life has to form in some way good or bad it has to happen and unfortunately personality traits are irrelevant to the event in place. Life.

Last edited:

JuiceB

Crud. I just looked in the mirror and I have a pimple. I am 35 years old with a pimple! And it's on my nose! I haven't had a pimple since I was a teenager.

Stupid test boosters caused this...

Damn...damn....damn - YouTube

I couldn't of said it better myself.

surewhynot

Your rant does not sound meaningless, promise. That probably would have been me in your position. How about making a list for yourself? Or challenge yourself to do something. It is alright, I'm sure you are capable of a lot. People are a different places in their lives. Sorry you had to go through that in the classroom today, I can feel my face burning just think about your situation because it seems like something I would have went through. Just keep on being strong.

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it..

A robbery happened in my area on Friday and the suspect description almost exactly matches someone I used to go to school with. (He lives in this area still as I saw him on the bus on Friday). Thoughts anyone...?

dottie

well, if you sincerely believe it may be him you might drop word anonymously. and don't tell a single other person you did.

Nathália

A robbery happened in my area on Friday and the suspect description almost exactly matches someone I used to go to school with. (He lives in this area still as I saw him on the bus on Friday). Thoughts anyone...?

I don't know what to tell you, just stay safe. If you really think so, maybe there is a tip hotline where you can be anonymous and send in a tip?

Flanscho

Not much to do these days at work, which is weird. In the years I work for this company, this didn't happen before. So I use the time to learn new stuff and advance my skills. Still, I feel a bit useless. Which makes me wonder of course: when does the boss of the company consider me useless? Not anytime soon probably, since I'm the only programmer here, and without me, about half of their projects won't work. Still... it's weird.

Went yesterday to a social phobia support group. At first, the thought amused me a bit. People scared of people going to meet groups of people to not be scared anymore. It makes sense of course. But it seemed a bit like a group of arachnophobics beeing lead by spiderman.

All in all I'm ok. Friends want a list of stuff I'd like as birthday presents. I still ponder what I should put on it. Cheap things I like I buy myself. Expensive things I like I wouldn't expect others to buy. Immaterial things are difficult presents.

Starry

I'm genuinely happy that a friend (Old school friend who I only know via FB at the moment) of mine has such a strong support network of friends and family. And I'm also genuinely happy that so many other people seem to have such support too... But I feel sad in the knowledge that my husband and I do not have that... We have no friends who would do anything to help us, our families are useless... We have only a couple of family members who are truly supportive... Which of course is better than nothing, but it would be nice to have a good support network to fall onto.