Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Ok, I looked it up. It is a real ad. There's another that says girlfriend instead. That really does make me wanna stop using their ****. It's so bloody time consuming to use all the products, it's no wonder it doesn't work. It's cause I can't possibly put in that much time and effort. Oh, but I can drive myself crazy and spend half an hour trying to pop a few stubborn zits and scarring up my face. I got pissed off one day cause the stupid benzoyl peroxide bleached a brand new towel, so I tried Aveeno's Positively Clear line. I used it once and won't touch it again. The smell was disgusting. What a waste of money that was. Back to the shatty proactiv...:confused:

Errm... This might be bad advice, but still.

I used to have acne when I was a teen, but I never tried any products, I just ignored it. It went away later on its own as I grew older. Maybe you should try leaving it alone? Or if it's too bad, you could ask a doctor.

awkwardamanda

Errm... This might be bad advice, but still.

I used to have acne when I was a teen, but I never tried any products, I just ignored it. It went away later on its own as I grew older. Maybe you should try leaving it alone? Or if it's too bad, you could ask a doctor.

I should see a doctor. I probably have eczema too. I just haven't got there yet. Leaving it alone is impossible. As I already said, I pick at my skin. It drives me insane trying not to. I'm 27 so if I haven't outgrown it by now I'm probably never going to.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I should see a doctor. I probably have eczema too. I just haven't got there yet. Leaving it alone is impossible. As I already said, I pick at my skin. It drives me insane trying not to. I'm 27 so if I haven't outgrown it by now I'm probably never going to.

Then go see a doctor, they might have the solution :confused:

Daniel089

Yesterday was my birthday, and on facebook everyone just wished me a happy one, but at the beginning I only gave everyone a like. After a while my brother phoned me, wished me happy birthday and right after his voice changed and a bit, he angrily bawled me out or gave me a lecture with some harsh words involved, it went like this: "why you don't act something, those people did care about you even a little bit, you should really answer them back and start conversations, it's a good opportunity, it's time for you to act now, I want to see you talk to them online."

After that I was really angry on him for 5 minutes or so, that he just can't understand that my "socialization" won't work like a charm, I felt he's trying to tell me off with something he has no business in. But I realized he's just one of the few people now in my life who is actually trying to help me, earlier I wasn't just telling others how badly my un-social life is making me more and more trouble.

In the end I should be just glad to him, because later I did speak to some people from my uni, and I messaged 2 people from my elementary school, one of the few people I'm curious about. I didn't see them for years so I said hey, let's meet up sometime for a beer or something. So I organized something myself I guess.

Labyrinthine

Seems like no matter where I go on the internet, I find tons of women bashing anymore (based upon women only wanting attractive guys, and being abusive to those who aren't).
I have never judged anyone's personality based on their looks. It's ridiculous and hurtful when people group whole genders together over some bad experiences.

SoScared

Yesterday was my birthday, and on facebook everyone just wished me a happy one, but at the beginning I only gave everyone a like. After a while my brother phoned me, wished me happy birthday and right after his voice changed and a bit, he angrily bawled me out or gave me a lecture with some harsh words involved, it went like this: "why you don't act something, those people did care about you even a little bit, you should really answer them back and start conversations, it's a good opportunity, it's time for you to act now, I want to see you talk to them online."

After that I was really angry on him for 5 minutes or so, that he just can't understand that my "socialization" won't work like a charm, I felt he's trying to tell me off with something he has no business in. But I realized he's just one of the few people now in my life who is actually trying to help me, earlier I wasn't just telling others how badly my un-social life is making me more and more trouble.

In the end I should be just glad to him, because later I did speak to some people from my uni, and I messaged 2 people from my elementary school, one of the few people I'm curious about. I didn't see them for years so I said hey, let's meet up sometime for a beer or something. So I organized something myself I guess.

Despite being challenged you always seem to end your posts on a positive.

KiaKaha

Banned
I dont gender bash. Although when it comes to discussing the differences between men and women - both sides get defensive. That is why it such a touchy and dangerous topic. I come to conclusions based on observations and patterns - that is a reasonable assertion - no? I am suspicious - because I dont think people tell the truth - or at least want to admit to it because it makes them feel bad about themselves.

I think all of us to an extent judge a person on their looks. it is impossible not to.
Everyone gets an 'idea' of who other people are simply by looking at them.
Being aware of that - or accepting our first impressions is where we can make a difference.

This world - at least, this 'westernized' world is becoming increasing superficial and shallow - we all like to think we know everything there is to someone.

Daniel089

Despite being challenged you always seem to end your posts on a positive.

Well maybe your right, but I can't tell how much of a negative person I am. I really don't go out with others at my age since I don't have friends. I'm anxious on my future - Among what kind of people I'd have fun with? I just don't know the answer and I shouldn't even care just start doing something...

Last edited:

Labyrinthine

I dont gender bash. Although when it comes to discussing the differences between men and women - both sides get defensive. That is why it such a touchy and dangerous topic. I come to conclusions based on observations and patterns - that is a reasonable assertion - no? I am suspicious - because I dont think people tell the truth - or at least want to admit to it because it makes them feel bad about themselves.

I think all of us to an extent judge a person on their looks. it is impossible not to.
Being aware of that - or accepting our first impressions is where we can make a difference.

It's human nature to judge people. Not strictly male or female nature, which is where a lot of what I was reading was stating women were the only ones to do such a thing, that it is done to exceedingly large extents as to ensure they ruin any male they find unattractive, and that they don't really have social phobia.

Starry

You're treading on thin ice if you believe there are differences between the genders... I know... I've had a feminist ex-friend who used to be a very close friend, end up hating me and calling me a misogynist because I recognise that generally there are differences... And because of the fact I hate sexism towards men just as much as against women... But because feminists shout out about sexism towards women, I feel I have to defend men more, as they have less of a voice at the moment... I just want to equal things out a bit. People shouldn't get touchy about it... They do... And it's unfortunate.

I for one think we CAN judge a person by their looks, though it's certainly not about how good looking they are or what race or gender or even the clothes they wear... It's based upon expression in my case... I have only been wrong a few times out of hundreds of people I've formed preliminary judgments of... Of course, I also know that I can be wrong and so don't take my judgement to be final. But I think, for our own safety we should judge people to an extent... After all... You see a shifty looking person hanging around a dark alley - you're probably best off avoiding them, not saying, "Oh I can't possibly judge them" and then ending up being mugged.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I dont gender bash. Although when it comes to discussing the differences between men and women - both sides get defensive.

I believe it's because they feel like others are talking for them. I personally get irritated when I hear "women like this, women do this, women are like this" because I am not like that, I hate it when others talk for me and I hate being judged.

I assume some guys would feel the same if a group of chicks were talking about how all men act, what they like and how they are. Not all people are the same. We can't just judge people's personalities by gender.

I hope that made sense.

Labyrinthine

I believe it's because they feel like others are talking for them. I personally get irritated when I hear "women like this, women do this, women are like this" because I am not like that, I hate it when others talk for me and I hate being judged.

I assume some guys would feel the same if a group of chicks were talking about how all men act, what they like and how they are. Not all people are the same. We can't just judge people's personalities by gender.

I hope that made sense.

This is exactly how I feel.
I just don't have a way with words. Sleep has been elusive for a few days XD

GhastlyCC

This picture pretty much sums up my thoughts and feelings
tumblr_m82oc2JFHM1rcprj3o1_500.jpg

KiaKaha

Banned
You're treading on thin ice if you believe there are differences between the genders... I know... I've had a feminist ex-friend who used to be a very close friend, end up hating me and calling me a misogynist because I recognise that generally there are differences... And because of the fact I hate sexism towards men just as much as against women... But because feminists shout out about sexism towards women, I feel I have to defend men more, as they have less of a voice at the moment... I just want to equal things out a bit. People shouldn't get touchy about it... They do... And it's unfortunate.

I relate to you quite well Starry. I think it depends on who you are dealing with. Feminists I am in two minds about. I know what they are trying to do - and I admire that - but I feel quite strongly that you cannot reach true gender equality by focusing only on the needs of one. It simply cannot be done. Although I am aware that there are some divisions of feminism that realize this also. In saying that though I also believe in affirmative action for the rights of females also. Prejudice exists and it needs to be dealt with.

I for one think we CAN judge a person by their looks, though it's certainly not about how good looking they are or what race or gender or even the clothes they wear... It's based upon expression in my case... I have only been wrong a few times out of hundreds of people I've formed preliminary judgments of... Of course, I also know that I can be wrong and so don't take my judgement to be final. But I think, for our own safety we should judge people to an extent... After all... You see a shifty looking person hanging around a dark alley - you're probably best off avoiding them, not saying, "Oh I can't possibly judge them" and then ending up being mugged.

Yes. There is a line between judging and acting on those judgements. Sometimes it is not clear. But in order to make sense of the world (ie stay out of danger) then yes - we do have to make judgements about others based on minimal information - such as appearance.
I find it terribly unfortunate that some people dont question or be able to see passed the surface value of their first impressions though.

I must admit - sometimes it is difficult. But I try.