Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Starry

I agree with a lot of what you say, Kia... I must say though, I can't read the phrase "affirmative action" without being reminded of a docu-film called 'Indoctrinate U'... Which I highly recommend seeing. I was actually stunned by it, despite the fact I thought I was expecting the worst... It deals with the idea of "freedom of speech" in American universities... In one section of it, which relates to what we've been saying here, the film-maker visits the various "women's Centres" and asks the simple question "Where is the men's centre" some of the looks he gets say it all... They look at him like he's mad, despite the fact that of course, to be equal, there should be a men's centre if there's a women's centre...

I hate prejudice, but I cannot agree with putting one gender/race/group of people above the rest... A lot of people speaking out against it seem to do just that. Not all of them, of course, thankfully.

And at least you're trying, Kia, which is more than I can say for a lot of people...

I believe it's because they feel like others are talking for them. I personally get irritated when I hear "women like this, women do this, women are like this" because I am not like that, I hate it when others talk for me and I hate being judged.

I assume some guys would feel the same if a group of chicks were talking about how all men act, what they like and how they are. Not all people are the same. We can't just judge people's personalities by gender.

I hope that made sense.

I get your frustration.

It needn't even be the opposite sex. I cringe to death when I hear some macho prick dictate what ''a man'' is. Last time I checked it came down to chromosomes and body, not some arbitrary behavioral reference list.

Many people act as tough their gender (be it either male or female) is something to be especially proud of. It just isn't. Both genders are each a half of the same side on the exact same coin. Both are fundamentally necessary for the survival of our species.

Duzmiu

feeling pretty good today, met 3 people yesterday online all from uk and all 3 live pretty close to me for a change, nice to finally meet some people that i get along with and share alot of things in common with.
one of them was mentioning meeting up at some point in real life but im not sure yet as just met her but her name rocks, called fawn and got same surname as my mums side of the family, we're not related tho :p

twiggle

It needn't even be the opposite sex. I cringe to death when I hear some macho prick dictate what ''a man'' is. Last time I checked it came down to chromosomes and body, not some arbitrary behavioral reference list.

I agree with this.

I'm a heterosexual female; but I often wear sporty clothes, watch football and drink beer.
I also love make-up, boybands and dressing up for nights out.
I don't really associate myself as my gender. It means very little to me. I'm just me. Yet it feels like if you don't fully align with what society says makes a woman a woman, then there's something not right about you.
Makes me sad.

MrSunday

^ You need to be naked to make being late fashionable darling. Decorate your hoo haa to get a promotion. I always use pink nail varnish and sprinkle purple glitter to give it an extra spark... :/

Right I'm bored.

Labyrinthine

^ You need to be naked to make being late fashionable darling. Decorate your hoo haa to get a promotion. I always use pink nail varnish and sprinkle purple glitter to give it an extra spark... :/

Right I'm bored.

My boss is a female. The chef might appreciate the effort, though

MrJones

^I can relate to most of your posts, especially to this:
I don't think I belong in this world, honestly. I'm too sensitive and depressive. I'm one of those neurotic losers people mock for being so cowardly. I wish I knew how to be stronger.

I've been told to kill myself as well, it's hard to accept that those thing happen... but they do.

With time it gets easier, I guess.

If it makes you feel any better, think that even less socially acceptable for a guy to be like that, people probably mock me for it more than they mock you :p

I agree with this.

I'm a heterosexual female; but I often wear sporty clothes, watch football and drink beer.
I don't really associate myself as my gender. It means very little to me. I'm just me. Yet it feels like if you don't fully align with what society says makes a woman a woman, then there's something not right about you.
Makes me sad.

Exactly. That right there really get under my skin. Every person is expected to be this person nobody can realistically be year round.

I mean, I'm a feminine young man, that doesn't drink, can't handle spice, that actually liked Heroes, that doesn't want a drivers license and is also slightly materialistic.. and it's perfectly fudgin' normal and okay, society. >:I

Nathália

That explains... everything.

If Highly Sensitive Person is indeed a real trait (or more appropriately, set of traits) and not just some made up label to stick on people with certain personality issues, then that, I'm almost certain, is what I am.

It explains the sensitivity to sensory input of ALL types, my tendency to get overwhelmed by the tiniest things, my emotional sensitivity, etc. My brain is wired differently from about 80% of the population (supposedly), which I suspected anyway. I really am different from them in the way I thought I was. And while not easy to deal with, it's not "bad". It just is. It's present in nearly all animal populations. It is a survival strategy that is based on observing before acting, put in simple terms.

If this is a real personality type (or whatever the condition is - it isn't a disorder...), I really shouldn't feel bad any longer for being more sensitive than others, or more analytical. It's just the way I am. It's not an excuse to be lazy and not have to work on my issues, but it DOES make me realize I don't have to fundamentally change who I am - I couldn't really anyway, because my brain is wired this way. No more pretending to be someone I'm not just to fit in.

All those people who put me down for being shy/sensitive, sometimes insecure, anxious, easily overwhelmed - haha, **** off. I can't help that I'm naturally inclined toward that behavior any more than you can help your urge to be outspoken and excessively social and loud. Right? :rolleyes:

I agree with this.

Makes me sad.

I get your frustration.

Many people act as tough their gender (be it either male or female) is something to be especially proud of. It just isn't. Both genders are each a half of the same side on the exact same coin. Both are fundamentally necessary for the survival of our species.

I agree with the both of you. I think it is okay for people to want those things, but not expect them out of everyone.

I really agree with all three of you, people can't always change who they are. When you mentioned you like beer, football and Jerseys, I just saw those things as objects that anyone should be allowed to enjoy at their will.

feeling pretty good today, met 3 people yesterday online all from uk and all 3 live pretty close to me for a change, nice to finally meet some people that i get along with and share alot of things in common with.
one of them was mentioning meeting up at some point in real life but im not sure yet as just met her but her name rocks, called fawn and got same surname as my mums side of the family, we're not related tho :p

That is good for you Duzmiu.

Beatmetrics

This is why I hate socializing...when your young an green about certain things like going out and having some drinks you think in guys minds that was good but no I was basically dumped for a girl who goes out all the time and drinks...now that I finally reached a point in life where i said screw it...I'll go out have some drinks and dance...no one wants to dance or do anything...and they actually look at the girls who are sitting a the tables rather than the ones dancing. I'm just going to stay home from now on and go out when i have to and come back home. It's freakin confusing...One year i'm too green and it's not attractive to have no drinks and sit then next no one wants to dance or talk and they just stand there....being sociable sucks...lets bring back the shyness.

There's a Portal Gun replica on eBay, located in Holland.. for a amazing price due to low bids.. I have the money.. the auction ends tomorrow at 11 in the morning; eBay doesn't allow me to verify the account.

Just f****** shoot me now. It would be my prize collectible.

I.. must have.. the precious. >xV

Foxface

Canker sore is still bad.

THe dang Cacadas are out today. Worst bug in the world, as their constant sound perices through my ears, and kills me. I can't stand it.

HumanZ

There's a Portal Gun replica on eBay, located in Holland.. for a amazing price due to low bids.. I have the money.. the auction ends tomorrow at 11 in the morning; eBay doesn't allow me to verify the account.

Just f****** shoot me now. It would be my prize collectible.

I.. must have.. the precious. >xV

eBay doensn't let verify or PayPal? What does it say?