Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MrJones

Man, one cat just came from surgery and now the kitten has like a really swollen paw because he managed to hurt it when he was sharpening his claws on a piece of wood that splinters easy.

He'll need to go to the vet too.
Man now that's bad luck :(
I hope it doesn't hurt much and that he gets well soon.

Silatuyok

Yesterday I began fostering a dog that was saved from euthanasia at the city shelter. Today I brought her downtown for an event, and much to my surprise I was no longer the most inconspicuous person in the world. Children waved, random people talked to me, and cute guys nodded and smiled at me. People, go out and adopt a shelter dog! It instantly transforms you into an interesting and approachable person.
:)

MikeyC

Yesterday I began fostering a dog that was saved from euthanasia at the city shelter. Today I brought her downtown for an event, and much to my surprise I was no longer the most inconspicuous person in the world. Children waved, random people talked to me, and cute guys nodded and smiled at me. People, go out and adopt a shelter dog! It instantly transforms you into an interesting and approachable person.
Do you want to be a conspicuous person, though?

I thought you were interesting and approachable without the dog, too! :)

MikeyC

I am home alone, but for a bad reason. My family is going to visit my nan but I didn't go. Reason: the dementia ward freaks me out. I have to get over this fear otherwise I'll never see her again. :/

DeadmanWalking

I am home alone, but for a bad reason. My family is going to visit my nan but I didn't go. Reason: the dementia ward freaks me out. I have to get over this fear otherwise I'll never see her again. :/

So, first, let's start off by asking: why are you afraid of the dementia ward? What are you afraid of seeing happen in there?

I'm sure you'll find it within yourself to go:).

MikeyC

So, first, let's start off by asking: why are you afraid of the dementia ward? What are you afraid of seeing happen in there?

I'm sure you'll find it within yourself to go:).
The people and their actions when their brains have shipped out. Last time I was there some old woman pinched my arm, some guy dropped his trousers, another guy was shaking uncontrollably, and the stares I was getting. I could barely handle it. Those reasons are why I didn't go today, and I already feel guilty.

I will. I have no choice.

Silatuyok

Do you want to be a conspicuous person, though?

I thought you were interesting and approachable without the dog, too! :)

I was weirded out at first by all the attention I was getting. But once I realized it was all positive attention, I started to enjoy it more. I definitely still want my inconspicuousness at times, though.

Nathália

The people and their actions when their brains have shipped out. Last time I was there some old woman pinched my arm, some guy dropped his trousers, another guy was shaking uncontrollably, and the stares I was getting. I could barely handle it. Those reasons are why I didn't go today, and I already feel guilty.

I will. I have no choice.

I'm very sorry Mikey. That does sound disturbing and sad.

Silatuyok

I am the same way. I haven't gone to see my grandma in well over a year, and I feel horrible about it. But I hate going when she doesn't even really know who I am, and she always tries to follow us out the door, and it makes me sad. Plus, one time when my sister and I went to visit her, some old guy started yelling the p word at us, over and over again, from all the way down the hall. We laughed about it, but it's still not the kind of thing I want to experience again.

MikeyC

I was weirded out at first by all the attention I was getting. But once I realized it was all positive attention, I started to enjoy it more. I definitely still want my inconspicuousness at times, though.
Oh, of course. A little bit of positive attention is always nice. :)

I'm very sorry Mikey. That does sound disturbing and sad.
It is, but I have no reason to complain: my grandmother is there 24/7 and she doesn't have dementia (yet). This is a poor effort on my part. I need to grow a pair for next time.

Nathália

OMG lol poor tweet bird, he looks like a sick chicken.

Man, one cat just came from surgery and now the kitten has like a really swollen paw because he managed to hurt it when he was sharpening his claws on a piece of wood that splinters easy.

He'll need to go to the vet too.

Sorry. Puma about your cats, I hope them a good recovery.

Aw, that's not good. Any reason why?

Thanks, Idk why. I just know that I can not think properly.

DeadmanWalking

It is, but I have no reason to complain: my grandmother is there 24/7 and she doesn't have dementia (yet). This is a poor effort on my part. I need to grow a pair for next time.

Minimizing your feelings is not going to help you beat this. Accept your fear, then try to beat it. If you feel like you can do more, then do it. As for the patients, just rush forward to your destination so no one has time to do anything to you. Remember though, there is no spite or malice in their actions; their brains are "shipped out", as you said. Try to take that to heart:).

MikeyC

Minimizing your feelings is not going to help you beat this. Accept your fear, then try to beat it. If you feel like you can do more, then do it. As for the patients, just rush forward to your destination so no one has time to do anything to you. Remember though, there is no spite or malice in their actions; their brains are "shipped out", as you said. Try to take that to heart:).
I know what you mean. I can squash my feelings because they'll still be there, so it's definitely best to face them and deal with them as they occur. It's the only way. It won't help me today but I'll remember that for our next visit there. Thanks for listening to my whining, Deadman. :)

Phoenixx

^ Aw, sounds like you had a great day. :) Now I need to go adopt a shelter dog! :D

I received random attention today too. After the wedding I went to, my mom and I stopped real quick at the grocery store before we went to the reception to buy a couple snacks for us since we couldn't really eat anything there (food allergies suck). Well, it's kind of weird walking through a store in heels all dressed up. I felt extremely self-conscious, but I actually got a couple compliments from random people and while walking out a really cute guy smiled at me.

Maybe I should go to the grocery store more often like that? ::p:
Just kidding.

karl:-/

Woke up again i do wish this toothache would kindly piss off!! I'd rather have my nutts sanded than have this aaarrgh!!!

this_portrait

Went on a date tonight, which kinda turned out to be an adventure. I practically got a shower from the rainstorm, and later on I ended up climbing over a fence. It was different, and all in all a great night. :)