Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

KiaKaha

Banned
^The cat only did that because he wanted to sleep in the keyboard.

Seriously what is with cats and computer keyboards...
You know...your sitting there trying to do your thing and the cat comes along and smooches all over the screen and decides that the best place to sit - out of ALL the space in the ENTIRE room is right on your keyboard...not to the side of it...not in front of it but right in the faakfj sfanmna 33ar jl

AsTimeBurns

I find it quite annoying how much 1 simple comment from anyone, even a total stranger i've never met on the internet, can affect me. I mean... who cares what a random anonymous person on the internet thinks..and yet, no matter how much I try to remind myself it really doesn't matter, i can't stop replaying these comments over and over in my head. grr.

Foxface

I'm posting Jennifer Lawrence facts on twitter, one of which she dosen't like people talking about her neck.

My lord, she has a long neck!

I've been watching Lost for almost 5 days straight (hadn't seen it before). I was just watching episodes one after the other and then yesterday I realized I hadn't slept for 2 days. I paused the episode halfway, collapsed more or less, and then resumed when it when I woke up.

I get a little obsessed with TV shows I think.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I've been watching Lost for almost 5 days straight (hadn't seen it before). I was just watching episodes one after the other and then yesterday I realized I hadn't slept for 2 days. I paused the episode halfway, collapsed more or less, and then resumed when it when I woke up.

I get a little obsessed with TV shows I think.

Yeah, I've been doing a similar thing myself. Only difference being that, I've been watching (or re-watching) my DVDs of the BBC sci-fi sitcom Red Dwarf.

Foxface

Listening to music. Alanis Morrissette, Halo Friendlies, No Doubt and of course The Spice Girls. Is it weird that a guy likes girl bands more then boy bands?

Halo Freidnlies are hot, and I have huge hots for Sporty Spice. She's perfect looking!

Nathália

Why can't people just keep the peace? What is wrong with that? No we have to fuss, fight and treat each other immature. It is like a game to people. I don't like that person, so I am going to do little things to annoy them. Why? You not only annoy them, but you start a whole wave of mess that affects other people.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Listening to music. Alanis Morrissette, Halo Friendlies, No Doubt and of course The Spice Girls. Is it weird that a guy likes girl bands more then boy bands?

Halo Freidnlies are hot, and I have huge hots for Sporty Spice. She's perfect looking!

Of course not! Well I certain don't think it's weird. I mean I listen to those girl bands as well. I think all those girl bands you mentioned are great. Halo Friendlies are totally underrated, in my opinion. And, yeah, you're right - Melanie C (Sporty Spice) is hot! :D I like her music as a solo artist as well.

MikeyC

I find it quite annoying how much 1 simple comment from anyone, even a total stranger i've never met on the internet, can affect me. I mean... who cares what a random anonymous person on the internet thinks..and yet, no matter how much I try to remind myself it really doesn't matter, i can't stop replaying these comments over and over in my head. grr.
Yeah, unfortunately, I know what you mean. What was said to you?

Why can't people just keep the peace? What is wrong with that? No we have to fuss, fight and treat each other immature. It is like a game to people. I don't like that person, so I am going to do little things to annoy them. Why? You not only annoy them, but you start a whole wave of mess that affects other people.
Keeping the peace is good, and it ensures there's no fights or unnecessary disagreements and tension. However, I always try to keep the peace, which stems from not being able to stand up for myself, and it's something I need to work on. You're right, though.

Srijita52

Yeah, I know what you mean, I'm exactly same.

Nathália

Yeah, unfortunately, I know what you mean. What was said to you?

Keeping the peace is good, and it ensures there's no fights or unnecessary disagreements and tension. However, I always try to keep the peace, which stems from not being able to stand up for myself, and it's something I need to work on. You're right, though.

I understand you Mikey. I don't think that is unreasonable.
It is just certian people and the way they always go about things.
I think you should tell people sometimes when they hurt/annoy you.
I think it's one of my issues because it leads to pent up anger later on.

Roman Legion

I think it is excessive to take almost $40 per paycheck to pay the state and federal income tax.. Meaning I have just over $200 a month to live on. If I get that job (If I can keep it due my knee problems) things MAY improve however slightly.. I just doubt I'll get the job (no big loss, only pays minimum wage.)

KiaKaha

Banned
I get infatuated with girls far too easily....seriously.
I have been seeing a physiotherapist for the last 3 weeks and today was the last session - shes so pretty and friendly. Caring and empathetic, interested in speaking with me - ugh - it's almost like a potential friendship would develop if it was a different context... but thats beside the point... the point is... I get annoyed with myself for liking people who are nice to me because I know that I will probably never see again....it makes me feel sad. It's like saying good bye to someone that you never really got to know properly...

I dont like liking people sometimes... if that makes sense.

Invisibleman

I have been seeing a physiotherapist for the last 3 weeks and today was the last session - shes so pretty and friendly. Caring and empathetic, interested in speaking with me - ugh - it's almost like a potential friendship would develop if it was a different context... but thats beside the point... the point is... I get annoyed with myself for liking people who are nice to me because I know that I will probably never see again....it makes me feel sad. It's like saying good bye to someone that you never really got to know properly...

Ahh yes, I know that feeling all too well but ive never really knew how to explain it properly. In the absolute rarest of times a girl has ever spoken to me ive always had this feeling.

I remember sitting in a crowded mall in Buffalo New York and some random girl came up to me and chatted to me like I was a good friend. I felt so happy and it was going good and then I remembered that I was in another country, hundreds upon hundreds of miles from home and im like "God damn it:("

Last edited:

MikeyC

I understand you Mikey. I don't think that is unreasonable.
It is just certian people and the way they always go about things.
I think you should tell people sometimes when they hurt/annoy you.
I think it's one of my issues because it leads to pent up anger later on.
I know what you mean. There's standing up for yourself and then there's taking it too far by causing harm.

Dude, if I knew my therapist outside of therapy, I would gladly be her friend. You definitely shouldn't pursue an outside friendship with her, but be grateful for her help and hopefully you can go back to her again in the future. Why is today the last session? Why can't you get more?

hidwell

This happens to me with friendly female doctors who smile at you and are warm and inviting, but alas they are just caring professionals.

KiaKaha

Banned
Dude, if I knew my therapist outside of therapy, I would gladly be her friend. You definitely shouldn't pursue an outside friendship with her, but be grateful for her help and hopefully you can go back to her again in the future. Why is today the last session? Why can't you get more?

See... I dont exactly see it that way myself... but I totally understand why. I say despite the professional context if people are interested in knowing each other outside of that space, then I think that it is OK and perfectly acceptable - its such a shame to think that the ONLY barrier for people to know each other better is because of a contextual environment. there is always potential - provided that the desire and consent is there from both parties. I am not going to pursue a friendship - but thats only because I dont know her well enough to do so.... if I continued to go, then perhaps I would.

It was the last session because that's all my employer can provide I have had 5 sessions now - and I am still not better.... Although I did put in a accident compensation claim and she suggested that if I wanted to I could come privately (not through the employer) for $10 a session if I needed too...

you know I am pretty sure there is a thread in here somewhere...

MikeyC

See... I dont exactly see it that way myself... but I totally understand why. I say despite the professional context if people are interested in knowing each other outside of that space, then I think that it is OK and perfectly acceptable - its such a shame to think that the ONLY barrier for people to know each other better is because of a contextual environment. there is always potential - provided that the desire and consent is there from both parties. I am not going to pursue a friendship - but thats only because I dont know her well enough to do so.... if I continued to go, then perhaps I would.

It was the last session because that's all my employer can provide I have had 5 sessions now - and I am still not better.... Although I did put in a accident compensation claim and she suggested that if I wanted to I could come privately (not through the employer) for $10 a session if I needed too...

you know I am pretty sure there is a thread in here somewhere...
I don't technically see a problem with being her friend outside of therapy, but it's not encouraged because you will see all her flaws and issues, and the advice and help she had given you might not feel so professional anymore. Maybe that's just me.

Hm, $10 a session sounds like a steal. I think you should definitely do that!

Hoppy

I am wondering why it is easier to do business with someone who is cold and professional than someone who is warm and chatty? Or is it just me.

^^And so far I have fallen in love with every single female therapist I've met. I think the personality comes with the job.