Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

1BlackSheep

I hate that. My mom has been smoking since she was 14 years old. I know that she would love to quit, but it's hard. I often wonder how much she really cares that her second hand smoke could give me cancer one day. I know she would never, ever wish for that, but it's a possibility.
Ick! That's not good! It gets worse here during the summer when my neighbor's son and his friends are smoking in the back yard, where the common wall is right next to my couch! :mad:

My hair feels so light now that I had about 4 inches cut off. My head doesn't feel so damned heavy. ;)
Wow - you are brave! I have to tell my hair guy each and every time not to cut off very much!

WeirdyMcGee

Ick! That's not good! It gets worse here during the summer when my neighbor's son and his friends are smoking in the back yard, where the common wall is right next to my couch! :mad:

Anyone smokes anywhere in our apartment and it comes through the vents and right into my lungs.
Cigarette smoke doesn't make me nearly as sick as 'other' smoke does though.
Disgusting!

MikeyC

Anyone smokes anywhere in our apartment and it comes through the vents and right into my lungs.
Cigarette smoke doesn't make me nearly as sick as 'other' smoke does though.
Disgusting!
Interestingly, pot smoke doesn't make me cough and wheeze like cigarettes do.

So my brother told me he came back from the dentist. He had to get some filling in one of his teeth, so he went and did that. He came home and is now studying for an essay he has to do for his IT course.

I envy him. I don't have his confidence or motivation. I look at him and wonder what the difference is with him even though we grew up in the same house. It's crazy how he's making things work for him. While I'm jealous of his impending success, I wish for nothing more than for him to have the life I want him to have. He's always been intelligent and he's finally making it work for him. I don't tell him this, but I do love him. ::eek:: </sappy>

WeirdyMcGee

Interestingly, pot smoke doesn't make me cough and wheeze like cigarettes do.

I grew up with both; chain smoking parents-- and a drug addicted guardian.
The faintest smell of pot literally induces vomiting for hours; always has, always will. It makes me sicker than anything.
I can be in the same room with someone smoking a cigarette and not cough a single time. It still stinks and I don't like t but it doesn't make me that sick.

...even though I have found that smoke will ALWAYS float directly to the non-smoker in the room, even if there's air flow or a window open or a fan-- it always goes directly into my lungs.

1BlackSheep

So my brother told me he came back from the dentist. He had to get some filling in one of his teeth, so he went and did that.
So what's your excuse for not going?!? ;)

I envy him. I don't have his confidence or motivation. I look at him and wonder what the difference is with him even though we grew up in the same house. It's crazy how he's making things work for him. While I'm jealous of his impending success, I wish for nothing more than for him to have the life I want him to have. He's always been intelligent and he's finally making it work for him. I don't tell him this, but I do love him. ::eek:: </sappy>
But I bet he can't play the drums like you do! So there! ::p:

Srijita52

So my brother told me he came back from the dentist. He had to get some filling in one of his teeth, so he went and did that. He came home and is now studying for an essay he has to do for his IT course.

I know the feeling Mikey, its same with my best friend. But everyone's different, I'm sure you've many qualities of your own.

hidwell

A beggar had been sitting by the side of the road for over thirty years. One day a stranger walked by.

“Spare some change?” mumbled the beggar, mechanically holding out his baseball cap.

“I have nothing to give you,” said the stranger. Then he added, “What’s that you are sitting on?”

“Nothing,” replied the beggar, “Just an old box.I have been sitting on it for as long as I can remember.”

“Ever look inside?” asked the stranger.

“What’s the point? There’s nothing in there.”

“Have a look inside,” insisted the stranger.

The beggar managed to pry open the lid.

With astonishment, disbelief, and elation, he saw the box was filled with gold.

- Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now

:rolleyes:

EscapeArtist

I've always wondered the same thing about my older sister, they sound similar... But honestly, comparing yourself is something we've all learned to do, but somebody else's story is completely irrelevant to our story.. You may envy his motivation and resilience, but I'm sure he envies your ability to slow down and think about what you really want, to feel what you feel and not always push it under the rug in order to get things done. All different starting points, all different extremes, and we're all working for the same middle ground. I've always thought of it this way, we are people who, when we have problems, just are forced to deal with them for some reason. Or at least our coping mechanisms give us more of a chance to feel them that's for sure. Some people can power through and ignore that they were ever troubled as a child or whatever, but they may end up not knowing themselves as well, perhaps when we are done our long, rather lonely journey we will know ourselves so much more deeply that we can fulfill our dreams and desires that much closer to our hearts.

Niiña

I understand, I've already been out of high school for two years and most people are married, engaged or knocked up. I don't feel completely sad yet because I need me time, but I do worry about the future. I have enough of children 5 days a week, but whatever floats their boats.

Thank u so much for read me. ^^

MikeyC

I know the feeling Mikey, its same with my best friend. But everyone's different, I'm sure you've many qualities of your own.
I probably do, but he has things I envy. I agree that everyone's different, though.

I've always wondered the same thing about my older sister, they sound similar... But honestly, comparing yourself is something we've all learned to do, but somebody else's story is completely irrelevant to our story.. You may envy his motivation and resilience, but I'm sure he envies your ability to slow down and think about what you really want, to feel what you feel and not always push it under the rug in order to get things done. All different starting points, all different extremes, and we're all working for the same middle ground. I've always thought of it this way, we are people who, when we have problems, just are forced to deal with them for some reason. Or at least our coping mechanisms give us more of a chance to feel them that's for sure. Some people can power through and ignore that they were ever troubled as a child or whatever, but they may end up not knowing themselves as well, perhaps when we are done our long, rather lonely journey we will know ourselves so much more deeply that we can fulfill our dreams and desires that much closer to our hearts.
If he envies me about anything, I have no idea what it is.

I like your post. Maybe I am more in tune with who I am as a person than he is. In that sense, I feel like I know what I want more than he does. In saying that, he will be having the last laugh when he's got a good job and a nice house. ::p:

It's not even that I'm jealous of him. If anything, I'm nothing but happy for him and I want to make sure he succeeds with his life, even if it means sacrificing my own.

Srijita52

I probably do, but he has things I envy. I agree that everyone's different, though.

If he envies me about anything, I have no idea what it is.

I like your post. Maybe I am more in tune with who I am as a person than he is. In that sense, I feel like I know what I want more than he does. In saying that, he will be having the last laugh when he's got a good job and a nice house. ::p:

It's not even that I'm jealous of him. If anything, I'm nothing but happy for him and I want to make sure he succeeds with his life, even if it means sacrificing my own.
I think its quite natural to envy others for the things we don't have. Maybe the best you can do is to keep working for what you want.
Btw you're a great person and that's something to be proud of. :)

MikeyC

I think its quite natural to envy others for the things we don't have. Maybe the best you can do is to keep working for what you want.
Btw you're a great person and that's something to be proud of. :)
That's true. I'm really happy for him, though, that he has some sort of direction and he knows what he's working towards.

Thank you, Srijita. I hope you feel the same about yourself, too. :)

Srijita52

That's true. I'm really happy for him, though, that he has some sort of direction and he knows what he's working towards.

Thank you, Srijita. I hope you feel the same about yourself, too. :)
Yeah, that's really good for him.
Thank you. ^^

dragonoth

I make a bad problem solver in the workplace. I'm too hesitant and too unsure of myself to do what I think is right. I'm afraid to take charge or even ask for some assistance. Maybe this takes practice.

Srijita52

I make a bad problem solver in the workplace. I'm too hesitant and too unsure of myself to do what I think is right. I'm afraid to take charge or even ask for some assistance. Maybe this takes practice.
I'm an awful problem solver too. That's why I'll never be well suited for leadership roles. But it might get better with practice.