Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

hoddesdon

You are so much more powerful than you give yourself credit for. Even if it occurs subconsciously, you are fashioning your life to support the image of who you think you are. If you see yourself as a helpless victim, you will attract events and scenarios to support the story of "Poor me, why does this always happen in my life?" It happens because you create it. The universe is simply doing its job of giving you what you say you want. Maybe on the unconscious level, you enjoy the negative attention that being a victim brings, and if you convince the universe that you are a victim, the universe will deliver. Isn't that a good enough reason to change your negative, self-defeating thoughts into those that exude power and possibility? Let that victim role go, and start thinking of yourself as a magnificent, powerful, and courageous being. Then sit back and enjoy the gifts the universe showers on you. These new, fresh experiences will reflect your healthy, empowered vision of yourself. - Lucinda Bassett

AGR

I wonder if standing up for yourself is worth it,now I have a weird situation at work,maybe I should play that I didnt hear anything,but its was so much disrespect that I couldnt hold it,I also wonder how so many girls get attracted to this kind of person.

coyote

“If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. ... We need not wait to see what others do.” - Mahatma Gandhi

MrSunday

I wonder if standing up for yourself is worth it,now I have a weird situation at work,maybe I should play that I didnt hear anything,but its was so much disrespect that I couldnt hold it,I also wonder how so many girls get attracted to this kind of person.

Oh darling, heed my advice! If there is an arrogant prick who's being mean to you at work, then work hard and succeed him. Then once your in a position to delegate tasks, make his life a misery! Uweheheeheheee...now that is fierce.

If there are no prospects to delegate tasks, then confront him! Ask him what's his problem in a polite manner of course. He's probably jealous of you or feels threatened by you. Your good looking.

Those girls will have a dynamite shoved up their rear if they like those type of guys. In the end, they deserve it for being so pathetic.

vylorna

I have an exam tomorrow, and I'm not prepared at all :( This year has been the biggest failure because I can't seem to get my mind to just focus, instead of this constant depression mode that it's stuck in lately..

I have an exam tomorrow, and I'm not prepared at all :( This year has been the biggest failure because I can't seem to get my mind to just focus, instead of this constant depression mode that it's stuck in lately..

Good luck.

I've been watching way too much House MD on DVD. Now I can't stop.

market.garden

I know what you mean. I always struggled to focus when it came to revising for exams. I found that taking some time away from anything exam or study related for a few hours or even a couple of days (when you can afford the time) helped to clear the mind a little.

Good luck with your exam though :)

this_portrait

I really need to have my a/c installed, because I don't think I can take another nasty hot day. What's really annoying about today is that it feels cooler outside than it does in my apartment (though it was the opposite yesterday). Seems like the only time I feel content is when I have the fan blowing on me.

DeadmanWalking

Thanks girls, but there is a point when you can just say you've had enough. For some people it takes a lot to reach that point, but sadly not everyone is that strong mentally.

When you've had enough, then you step back and recover, then get back in the game:). There's nothing wrong with taking a break once in a while.

Gaucho

tomorrow i have to to the dentist in the morning. i don't like going to dentists lol or doctors in general

vylorna

Thank you all for your positive words and good luck wishes! Really put a smile on my face :) I'm gonna try my best tomorrow and see how it goes. Time to get some sleep now. Good luck yourself too TryAgain! I hope we will do just fine. *fingers crossed*

MikeyC

Thanks girls, but there is a point when you can just say you've had enough. For some people it takes a lot to reach that point, but sadly not everyone is that strong mentally.
What exposure therapy are you referring to? Your poems?