Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MikeyC

this is a big day in US political history - and it's happening right here in the state of wisconsin

as soon as i get off work, i'm going to go do my part in trying to make a difference

no molotov cocktails or tear gas here

we have voting booths
State election?

MikeyC

This is one of the best places in the world to view Venus passing across the Sun, and it's completely overcast. Nice trolling there, God.

Nathália

this is a big day in US political history - and it's happening right here in the state of wisconsin

as soon as i get off work, i'm going to go do my part in trying to make a difference

no molotov cocktails or tear gas here

we have voting booths

The primary election. I haven't voted yet I had to have my birth certificate sent to me. I should find a time to.

score!
brand new samsonite laptop bag AND $30 full size wireless mouse for $4.

Whooooo hoooooo!!! ♥ :D

This is one of the best places in the world to view Venus passing across the Sun, and it's completely overcast. Nice trolling there, God.

God and the trolololo guy are in laughter in heaven.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I guess there's people who do this because they can't see outside of the box; or they're trapped into consumerism; or they're quite content like this; or they're following society's expectations; or they're too scared to change?

Hooray for people with the courage and imagination to live their dreams

They get caught in a cycle. They meet someone, marry, buy a house, buy a car and have kids. Those things aren't cheap, so they have to keep at the crappy job to support them. They want a consumer lifestyle that gives them equivalent status to those around them - laptops, tablets, smartphones, foreign vacations twice a year, status symbol car, etc, etc. They have to stay at their job just to keep up with everyone else.

It's not just the occidental world though. Look at Japan. They seem totally brainwashed into their "corporate culture" so much so that some of them actually end up committing suicide when they think they aren't living up to the expectations society has set for them.

If humanity answers back, fill me in! I don't understand this at all either. Not to mention that sometimes the jobs they hold do not even fill a purpose close to heart. How can a person restrict themselves and ignore possible dreams with there being SO much more life out there?

I should have started a new thread, it seems like it could have been an interesting conversation :p

Escape - I think a part of the answer is in Phocas and Rembrandt posts... Sometimes I feel like people are so alienated with what society tells them that they are supposed to do, what they are supposed to considere as reasonable or unreasonable, that they just can't imagine that there is other options. But I also think people don't realize how caged they are by what they own...... Everytime someone around me (who is most of the time already in debts) tell me that they bought a new car I'm like.... Lucky you, you bought yourself a new worry... WHY???

Beatmetrics

What is this ... clean cut men from 30 - 40 are my attraction now...facial hair seems nice...tattoos ALWAYS nice but not necessary. Attraction changes?!

MsBuzzkillington

Oh man, just baked some banana chocolate chip cookies. I didn't think they were going to turn out, they were kind of really sticky. So I added some more flour and then a little more... and then a little more. They were kind of a bit sticky still and I figured they were ruined but I wanted to try them out anyway. I put the cookie dough in the fridge for a bit to let it firm up.

Oh man, they are delicious. Super soft on the inside and they have a little crunch on the outside. I am one master bak..wait. I am an excellent baker. Although, I may need someone to come lock me in my room or something so I don't eat them all?

I think they would have probably been good with peanut butter. Maybe. Peanut butter banana chocolate chip cookies? Next time.

Srijita52

Oh man, just baked some banana chocolate chip cookies. I didn't think they were going to turn out, they were kind of really sticky. So I added some more flour and then a little more... and then a little more. They were kind of a bit sticky still and I figured they were ruined but I wanted to try them out anyway. I put the cookie dough in the fridge for a bit to let it firm up.

Oh man, they are delicious. Super soft on the inside and they have a little crunch on the outside. I am one master bak..wait. I am an excellent baker. Although, I may need someone to come lock me in my room or something so I don't eat them all?

I think they would have probably been good with peanut butter. Maybe. Peanut butter banana chocolate chip cookies? Next time.

Wow seems delicious, I wish I could have some now.

alwaysrunning

ok so i told my best friends about the web site given they are very close to me and are always asking about how i know all these people on FB if im normally so shy and what not, so i told them, hesitantly and surprisingly they were very receptive. I guess i thought they would think i was pathetic for having d=most of my socializing be through people i met online but they are truly awesome people so i am truly grateful :)

Srijita52

ok so i told my best friends about the web site given they are very close to me and are always asking about how i know all these people on FB if im normally so shy and what not, so i told them, hesitantly and surprisingly they were very receptive. I guess i thought they would think i was pathetic for having d=most of my socializing be through people i met online but they are truly awesome people so i am truly grateful :)
I glad they understood. You're friends seem really great.

hidwell

watch

I need a jester.how about a slice of heaven