Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MikeyC

It's sooo windy my umbrella broke :c
Tell me about it! I had to work in it. I saw a trampoline get destroyed.

I'm not sure Mikey, just feeling a little depressed for not any particular reason, kind of like a mix of various reasons and negative thinking I guess, thank you.
How are you?
Mmm, I understand. I get that a lot, too. I'm really sorry. PM's are available if you need them.

I'm okay. Better than yesterday.

Rembrandt Broam

I really have a question to ask to humanity, or at least the occidental world:
How can you do the exact same not so enjoyable thing, 40 hours a week, 48-49 weeks a year, over, and over, and over, and over, for years, and years, and years without being so bored to death that you want to either kill yourself or sell everything you own and get the f*** out of there and go live your life? I think maybe I can hold on for still another year, or two if I really try as hard as I can, but 5? 10? 25? No way.

They get caught in a cycle. They meet someone, marry, buy a house, buy a car and have kids. Those things aren't cheap, so they have to keep at the crappy job to support them. They want a consumer lifestyle that gives them equivalent status to those around them - laptops, tablets, smartphones, foreign vacations twice a year, status symbol car, etc, etc. They have to stay at their job just to keep up with everyone else.

It's not just the occidental world though. Look at Japan. They seem totally brainwashed into their "corporate culture" so much so that some of them actually end up committing suicide when they think they aren't living up to the expectations society has set for them.

EscapeArtist

I really have a question to ask to humanity, or at least the occidental world:
How can you do the exact same not so enjoyable thing, 40 hours a week, 48-49 weeks a year, over, and over, and over, and over, for years, and years, and years without being so bored to death that you want to either kill yourself or sell everything you own and get the f*** out of there and go live your life? I think maybe I can hold on for still another year, or two if I really try as hard as I can, but 5? 10? 25? No way.

If humanity answers back, fill me in! I don't understand this at all either. Not to mention that sometimes the jobs they hold do not even fill a purpose close to heart. How can a person restrict themselves and ignore possible dreams with there being SO much more life out there?

Vampayah88

I'm so sorry Vamp, if there's something you need to talk about I'm always here. *hugs*

Thanks for always being so supportive Srijita. I feel sh*tty that all I do every time I come in here is moan about my stupid life and problems, but I don't really have anywhere else to go and talk about this, and if I do, I don't wanna be THAT girl and bother someone with this. So I just rant in here.

MikeyC

Thanks for always being so supportive Srijita. I feel sh*tty that all I do every time I come in here is moan about my stupid life and problems, but I don't really have anywhere else to go and talk about this, and if I do, I don't wanna be THAT girl and bother someone with this. So I just rant in here.
You're not a bother, Vamp. I'm sorry things are not working out with your father.

Srijita52

You're not bothering anyone Vamp. Its better to let those negative feelings out. I hope things get better.
Btw you're a great person. :)

Valhalla

Finally raining. I hope it will continue like this for days. Then at least the weather will make me feel better. I hate when it clears up, there's nothing better then rain during evenings and nights.

Is anyone planning to see when Venus is going over the sun? Next time that happens: the year 2117.

lonely_drummer

Finally raining. I hope it will continue like this for days. Then at least the weather will make me feel better. I hate when it clears up, there's nothing better then rain during evenings and nights.

Is anyone planning to see when Venus is going over the sun? Next time that happens: the year 2117.

nahh, i was maybe thinking of checking it out the next time around lol. I was hoping to see it but its really cloudy and rainy here today and probably for the next few days

coyote

this is a big day in US political history - and it's happening right here in the state of wisconsin

as soon as i get off work, i'm going to go do my part in trying to make a difference

no molotov cocktails or tear gas here

we have voting booths