Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

trvlthun_600x405.jpg

i hope this doesn't affect my kayaking class

Probably not. But wear a raincoat, helmet, fully body rubber suit and a parachute, you know, just to be sure.

this_portrait

I wish I'd been living in the US at the height of the grunge scene.

Sh*t, I wish I would've been the age I am now during that time (or during the 80s). That would've been awesome. Sure, I'd be in my 40s or 50s now (depending on which decade I would've been in), but that wouldn't really bother me, since everything is so bland now. :|

twiggle

Sh*t, I wish I would've been the age I am now during that time (or during the 80s). That would've been awesome. Sure, I'd be in my 40s or 50s now (depending on which decade I would've been in), but that wouldn't really bother me, since everything is so bland now. :|

Yep, exactly. I know there's some decent music out there these days but its getting harder and harder to be original. I'd love to have been born a couple of decades earlier and felt it all first-hand rather than just spotifying it all now.

I wish I'd been living in the US at the height of the grunge scene.

Are you feeling grungy? Do you need a little Nirvana? Hmmm? Would you like some Nirvana? Okay, here's some Nirvana. (They're grunge, right? I was about 5 years old when they hit the scene, so forgive me if I'm wrong.)

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit - YouTube

Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box live - YouTube

It's a lazy Sunday. The Cubs and Flyers play, so that will keep me busy. As will Pottermore. Like I don't spend enough time on the internet. :rolleyes: This next week I see my doctor, therapist, and dentist. My grandmother is also having surgery (a completely unnecessary one at that) and the family is all afraid that she won't make it through. So next week is going to be a trip.

I almost never listen to the radio anymore. I can't stand half the music they play. There is only one local station that I listen to, and it calls itself the "music alternative." I would say alt is my kind of music. That is my Pandora is my best friend.

Last edited:

twiggle

Are you feeling grungy? Do you need a little Nirvana? Hmmm? Would you like some Nirvana? Okay, here's some Nirvana. (They're grunge, right? I was about 5 years old when they hit the scene, so forgive me if I'm wrong.)

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit - YouTube

Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box live - YouTube

Thanks, SuFlu :D Nirvana were awesome. I think I was about 5 when they came about, too. When Kurt died, I was nearly 8. I just remember seeing my sister watching MTV with a horrified expression on her face.
Earlier I was listening to the Pixies. So good. Love Spotify.

this_portrait

I almost never listen to the radio anymore. I can't stand half the music they play. There is only one local station that I listen to, and it calls itself the "music alternative." I would say alt is my kind of music. That is my Pandora is my best friend.

I'm not too familiar with the radio stations in Chicago, but where I'm originally from, I like to listen to the local classic rock station there. And they're playing early 90s music on there now!

I'm not too familiar with the radio stations in Chicago, but where I'm originally from, I like to listen to the local classic rock station there. And they're playing early 90s music on there now!

I'm in central IL, so I'm very, very lucky to have an alternative station. It's either pop or country for everyone else around here.

The local forecast:
Windy... strong thunderstorms early, then variably cloudy overnight with still a chance of showers. Damaging winds, large hail, and possibly a tornado with some storms. Low 49F. Winds SSW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 70%
Also, a local pollen alert.

MikeyC

So today is the day of my grandmother's operation. She will have her leg amputated and will then recover in hospital for a while before being put in a nursing home. Kind of sad because she's still talking about going home, and nobody has the heart to tell her she's not going back there.

This amputation will keep her alive, but it might make her even more unhappy.

Silatuyok

So today is the day of my grandmother's operation. She will have her leg amputated and will then recover in hospital for a while before being put in a nursing home. Kind of sad because she's still talking about going home, and nobody has the heart to tell her she's not going back there.

This amputation will keep her alive, but it might make her even more unhappy.

I'm sorry to hear about this, Mikey. I hope your grandma is able to adjust to her new life after some time. My grandma is in the same situation, but at least her dementia is so severe that she doesn't remember the life she left behind.