Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Illusions

superfluouslyme said:
So Megaupload got taken down. Is it to soon to say that the Internet War has begun?

I knew it would happen someday, but I didn't think that was gonna be anytime soon. (At least we still have torrents and sites like MediaFire ;))

And all this SOPA talk is probably making Orwell roll in his grave.

I was taking a shower just now, and my cat just casually strolled into the shower cabin. Soaking wet, just exploring the area, having the time of his life. He did found the stream a little scary, but to be fair that comes down pretty aggressively from that height.

I'm starting to think this kitten might actually be crazy.

MikeyC

I was taking a shower just now, and my cat just casually strolled into the shower cabin. Soaking wet, just exploring the area, having the time of his life. He did found the stream a little scary, but to be fair that comes down pretty aggressively from that height.

I love the curious nature of cats. Always exploring, always fascinated.

It's 7:17am right now and I haven't been up this early for a while. It's in preparation for work tomorrow, so I can go to bed earlier tonight. Not looking forward to that but I've put myself in good stead for it now, even if I am tired. Back to reality....

Aletheia

what is

clarity is learned by being
patient in the presence of chaos

tolerating disarray, remaining at rest
gradually one learns to allow muddy water
to settle and proper responses to
reveal themselves

(Lao Tzu)

Little Miss Muffet

Someone really close to me has started having panic attacks. They worry alot anyway but now their anxiety has really intensified - their GP has put them on anti-depressants. They started some but experienced difficulties in functioning so came off. Its weird cos they experienced these difficulties like 2 weeks after having been on them. I thought maybe the dose was too high, but the doctors in my experience, if they feel you really need them will whack you on a high dose to get them into your system quickly. When i started back on my anti-depressants, my feelings were much more intense in the beginning and could hardly think ( my partner at the time said: have you taken your meds, like you really need to take them ).

It's really hard to know how to help them. Things I can think of are: get information of places they can go and people they can talk to, so they feel they are not alone. Get numbers for councellors. Phone them everyday. Stay on the weekends after Ive finished work.

Having someone there to listen I think is most important; but because I'm one of their children I think they cannot confide in me like they would a councellor. I'd really like them to go - I think this would be most helpful, but I can't force them.

They dont really have any activities and so I'm gonna look for all the possible things they can do - but i dont think theyll do any. If I offer to do it with them then maybe.

Would like to ask: if you can have anything you want right now what would that be - but I think I will get this response: "I'm okay". I think alot of the time people know what they want but are unable to admit even to themselves for many reasons.

DeadmanWalking

Someone really close to me has started having panic attacks. They worry alot anyway but now their anxiety has really intensified - their GP has put them on anti-depressants. They started some but experienced difficulties in functioning so came off. Its weird cos they experienced these difficulties like 2 weeks after having been on them. I thought maybe the dose was too high, but the doctors in my experience, if they feel you really need them will whack you on a high dose to get them into your system quickly. When i started back on my anti-depressants, my feelings were much more intense in the beginning and could hardly think ( my partner at the time said: have you taken your meds, like you really need to take them ).

It's really hard to know how to help them. Things I can think of are: get information of places they can go and people they can talk to, so they feel they are not alone. Get numbers for councellors. Phone them everyday. Stay on the weekends after Ive finished work.

Having someone there to listen I think is most important; but because I'm one of their children I think they cannot confide in me like they would a councellor. I'd really like them to go - I think this would be most helpful, but I can't force them.

They dont really have any activities and so I'm gonna look for all the possible things they can do - but i dont think theyll do any. If I offer to do it with them then maybe.

Would like to ask: if you can have anything you want right now what would that be - but I think I will get this response: "I'm okay". I think alot of the time people know what they want but are unable to admit even to themselves for many reasons.
Oh dear, I'm so sorry.

Well, try to coax it out of them. If they tell you that they're okay, then look them in the eye and tell them that you know that they aren't. Bring up all of the problems that they've been having up to this point and ask them if that's sounds okay. Be sure to let them know that you'll be there for them and that you're here to help, but that you can't help them if they won't let you. All of those other ideas sound good too.

MikeyC

^That's unfortunate your friend is going through all that, Muffet. I had a similar experience recently and as long as you're there for them, they will appreciate it in their own way.

I'm trying to organize my music in Windows Media Player and clean off my computer in general. WMP is such a bitch, though, and it won't let me organize my music the way I want to.

MsBuzzkillington

So I was going to try and surprise my mom with an early visit. I told her I'd get in town around midnight but really I got in about 3:30pm. I had text messaged her "where I was" to let her know. Then I called her because she said something about dinner and asked if I wanted her to pick me up anything to have when I got home. So I decided to call her and talk to her about it, and as we're talking her bird decides to start chirping really loud.

Dang, stupid, bird. :p

Little Miss Muffet

Youre cat came into the shower while you were in there? ha ha thats so funny they are so amusing :)

Little Miss Muffet

Oh dear, I'm so sorry.

Well, try to coax it out of them. If they tell you that they're okay, then look them in the eye and tell them that you know that they aren't. Bring up all of the problems that they've been having up to this point and ask them if that's sounds okay. Be sure to let them know that you'll be there for them and that you're here to help, but that you can't help them if they won't let you. All of those other ideas sound good too.

Thanks Deadman Walking,

Great advice as always! I think they tell me they are okay to protect me, not to worry me, or maybe if they let it slip they are not they fear that things will all fall apart. Thank you again :)

Little Miss Muffet

^That's unfortunate your friend is going through all that, Muffet. I had a similar experience recently and as long as you're there for them, they will appreciate it in their own way.

Thanks Mikey C,

The person you were there for I think is really lucky to have someone like you looking out for them.

Can I ask what there situation was and how you supported them? You dont have to answer :)