Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

DeadmanWalking

I just randomly remembered a time when I was 8 years old, when my parents were in the process of getting divorced. My mom once said to me and my siblings "your dad and I fight because you kids lie."

What a terrible thing to say to a kid.

Well, some parents....... aren't the best parents. Besides, they were in a very emotional and turbulent time, they're probably going to do or say some uncalled for things. Were they like that prior to the divorce? I'm sorry you had to go throught that though. Is it still affecting you?

Srijita52

I just randomly remembered a time when I was 8 years old, when my parents were in the process of getting divorced. My mom once said to me and my siblings "your dad and I fight because you kids lie."

Yeah, it is indeed. I'm sorry she said that, I hope it didn't affect you and your siblings too much.

Well, some parents....... aren't the best parents. Besides, they were in a very emotional and turbulent time, they're probably going to do or say some uncalled for things. Were they like that prior to the divorce? I'm sorry you had to go throught that though. Is it still affecting you?

It never did affect me, because (lucky for me) I didn't believe her.

I wouldn't say it was an overly emotional and turbulent time for my mom, since her next husband walked in not a week after my dad moved out. She always says whatever she thinks will have an effect, usually without thinking of the possible consequences.

DeadmanWalking

It never did affect me, because (lucky for me) I didn't believe her.

I wouldn't say it was an overly emotional and turbulent time for my mom, since her next husband walked in not a week after my dad moved out. She always says whatever she thinks will have an effect, usually without thinking of the possible consequences.

Are you still around her? Whether you listen to what she says or not, she sounds like a bad influence on you.

Are you still around her? Whether you listen to what she says or not, she sounds like a bad influence on you.

I still live with her between college semesters. I don't let her influence me anymore (though I know she contributed significantly to my current anxiety situation), and my older brother is totally moved out and on his own, but she still has 7 other kids she can mess up somehow or another. It's the other kids I'm worried about.

DeadmanWalking

I still live with her between college semesters. I don't let her influence me anymore (though I know she contributed significantly to my current anxiety situation), and my older brother is totally moved out and on his own, but she still has 7 other kids she can mess up somehow or another. It's the other kids I'm worried about.

What do you wish to do about it?

It's good that the two of you are out now:).

MikeyC

Yeah, that's below average. ::(:

Bummer. At least you are well read on the game now. ;)

You would think so! ::p:

:(((((((((((((((((((((((

Hope the joy of playing it erases the horrible time you had stuck in the cold puma.::(:
I locked myself out of my apartment once the first year I lived on my own. I then developed an obsession with having so many door keys made/around so that I would never have to go through that again.::p:

In the end it wasn't too bad. I was still in the staircase at least. I could've stepped outside, that would've been far worse. But yeah, I think I'll think once or twice whether I have my keys with me now. :3

MikeyC

So I go to another forum I frequent and a page is all about misogyny.

I think I like it here better, guys and girls. :)

Rembrandt Broam

Okay, so maaaaybe I knew it wasn't exactly a basketball game. I think my game is more fitting for the name then the actual game though, it doesn't even make sense! Skyrim, what is that! :confused::rolleyes:

I think it's pronounced skrim, probably a variation of scrim, which is a strong coarse fabric. It's most likely a reference to the clothing worn by the main character.

Phoenixx

^ ::(: I don't even know what to say to that besides how awful of a thing to say to a bunch of children. Seeing your parents getting a divorce must be hard enough, but to actually hear that comment, being the so-called "reason" why, must be heartbreaking. ::(:

Glad she doesn't influence you anymore, and that your brother is moved out. Kind of sad how your other siblings have to deal with that sort of thing though. I know not much can be done, but keeping an eye out is always better than nothing.

I think it's pronounced skrim, probably a variation of scrim, which is a strong coarse fabric. It's most likely a reference to the clothing worn by the main character.

:confused: What? If it is pronounced that way, why not spell it that way? They are just trying to get my little basketball fan hopes up. :rolleyes: (It could also be short for scrimmage, which is a "practice" game.) I'm not letting this one go so easily. I don't like being duped. ;)