Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Phoenixx

It doesn't matter how long you had him, it's the fact that you got attached in that time. It's easy to love a pet easily and it's obvious that happened. I'm glad you won't be crying. :)

While I don't want to take the gloss off your story, I had a cat since I was about 4. She was great and would sleep on my bed and could even sleep to my death metal. She loved me and she was the most awesome cat ever. She died last year (the circumstances around her death is a long story for another time) and that was really sad, because she saw me through my toddler years, to being a child, through my tweens and teens into adulthood. She's been there no matter how I felt or what I had to say, if anything. No pet could ever replace her.
^ Oh wow. It's so nice to have a pet with you that long. My first cat died about 2 1/2 years ago. I had him for 10 years, so yeah I kinda get what you're saying about them being there during your childhood. I wasn't as attached to him though. As he was supposed to be my cat, he became much more attached to my dad. ::p: He was good though. Had quite the attitude, seriously did "own" the house as our other pets would back down from him. He liked his position, being the "boss," expected everyone to pay attention to him and give him whatever he wanted, and he even had a strut to him. He was funny like that.

She sounds like she was such a wonderful cat. Bless her kitty soul. ::p:

MikeyC

^ Oh wow. It's so nice to have a pet with you that long. My first cat died about 2 1/2 years ago. I had him for 10 years, so yeah I kinda get what you're saying about them being there during your childhood. I wasn't as attached to him though. As he was supposed to be my cat, he became much more attached to my dad. ::p: He was good though. Had quite the attitude, seriously did "own" the house as our other pets would back down from him. He liked his position, being the "boss," expected everyone to pay attention to him and give him whatever he wanted, and he even had a strut to him. He was funny like that.

She sounds like she was such a wonderful cat. Bless her kitty soul. ::p:
Cats do generally own the house - we're just there for food service and to pay the bills! It's unfortunate you didn't get attached to the cat, but at least your dad did. :)

My cat lived to be 21 and I was very attached to her, as she was to me. She would scratch at my door so I would have to let her in. I would sleep with her all night. I would pick her up and she'd let me. She even went so much as to get excited when I got home. During the final day of her life, she sought comfort under my bed and I was the only one who could coax her out. These emotional bonds made it difficult to get over her. I'm good now, but I'll never forget.

Pookah

Well, you're on the road to recovery, so that's a good thing! As for the anxiety, why don't you keep on making jokes like you just did? That should put you at ease. That, or you can keep your eyes on the prize and not the road that gets you there. Kinda risky, but, if done right, should calm you down, while paying attention to the "road." Good luck, Pookah, and I hope that your ankle gets better quickly:)!

Good luck, Pookah. I can't imagine how uncomfortable that would be.

Thanks. It wasn't too bad I mostly reigned myself in with the twitchyness etc. The woman was effing GORGEOUS. Looks exactly like Zoe Saldana. So I was half in awe of her and half like omg waiii meee! :3

Did some weird ultrasound massage, then later electrodes. So far none of the machines or the open area which is what I really dread.

MikeyC

Thanks. It wasn't too bad I mostly reigned myself in with the twitchyness etc. The woman was effing GORGEOUS. Looks exactly like Zoe Saldana. So I was half in awe of her and half like omg waiii meee! :3

Did some weird ultrasound massage, then later electrodes. So far none of the machines or the open area which is what I really dread.
Yeah, the worst may be yet to come.

Why do you get the gorgeous doctors and I get the Indian Frankenstein? ::(:

Pookah

Yeah, the worst may be yet to come.

Why do you get the gorgeous doctors and I get the Indian Frankenstein? ::(:

Haha I dunno I am just that lucky. At least it wasn't a guy. Men freak me out! Hot men freak me out exponentially. Hot women....not so bad I just hope they aren't judging me on my inferiority to them. >_<

MikeyC

Haha I dunno I am just that lucky. At least it wasn't a guy. Men freak me out! Hot men freak me out exponentially. Hot women....not so bad I just hope they aren't judging me on my inferiority to them. >_<
Inferiority? Gee, you really don't see yourself the way the rest of the world does, do you?

Going to doctors freak me out in general, but I've found that, at least around here, all the doctors are Indian males and the receptionists are hot females. Hmmm!

I could agree with you that going to a hot female doctor would be difficult for me, particularly if I were to have a personal problem. Going to the male doctor about my depression took everything out of me, so imagine if I had to say that to a female. I'd be ruined.

Despite that, I'm glad you still went, even through your anxiety. Now you know the doctor that you want to see all the time. :)

Pookah

Inferiority? Gee, you really don't see yourself the way the rest of the world does, do you?

Going to doctors freak me out in general, but I've found that, at least around here, all the doctors are Indian males and the receptionists are hot females. Hmmm!

I could agree with you that going to a hot female doctor would be difficult for me, particularly if I were to have a personal problem. Going to the male doctor about my depression took everything out of me, so imagine if I had to say that to a female. I'd be ruined.

Despite that, I'm glad you still went, even through your anxiety. Now you know the doctor that you want to see all the time. :)

I have a few issues with being touched and obviously the SA and image problems. I don't want to do movements and exercises that will make me look silly in an open room with people. :/

Somehow I'm slightly more comfortable with a female they are more similar to me I guess. I still maintenanced the hell out of my legs/feet though to be presentable haha.

The rest of the world agrees with me I assure you, its just easier to hide it online.

MikeyC

I have a few issues with being touched and obviously the SA and image problems. I don't want to do movements and exercises that will make me look silly in an open room with people. :/

Somehow I'm slightly more comfortable with a female they are more similar to me I guess. I still maintenanced the hell out of my legs/feet though to be presentable haha.

The rest of the world agrees with me I assure you, its just easier to hide it online.
I understand. I wouldn't want to do silly movements and exercises in front of people, either. It's all for the benefit of your recovery, though, so think of the good it's doing rather than the embarrassment you're feeling. That probably doesn't help your anxiety and hatred of being touched, I would imagine.

Depending on the type of injury/illness I had, I would probably be more comfortable with a male, so I can understand that. Although, I wouldn't really care as long as they were nice and sympathetic with me.

Well, I disagree with the rest of the world, okay? Okay! :)

Pookah

I understand. I wouldn't want to do silly movements and exercises in front of people, either. It's all for the benefit of your recovery, though, so think of the good it's doing rather than the embarrassment you're feeling. That probably doesn't help your anxiety and hatred of being touched, I would imagine.

Depending on the type of injury/illness I had, I would probably be more comfortable with a male, so I can understand that. Although, I wouldn't really care as long as they were nice and sympathetic with me.

Well, I disagree with the rest of the world, okay? Okay! :)

Haha thanks it is noted and appreciated. ^_^ I just try to be truthful.

Phoenixx

I've slacked off so much these past two days, it's ridiculous. Why am I letting myself get like this? It's awful. I did a lot today, but would've gotten more done if I didn't put off that stupid project til the last minute. Did I mention I've known about it for 3 weeks? Yeah, I'm kicking myself for this one. It wasn't hard, it was just entirely time consuming. At least it's done.

Tomorrow I'm going to make sure I get things done, so I have less to worry about later. I shouldn't even let myself anywhere near here or Tumblr until I get some work done.