Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Agent_Violet

I think I just need some help on how to stop thinking I'm fat/unhealthy/unattractive. I'm 5ft 4, and between 128-136lbs...not going to tell you the exact number ;)
That's not unhealthy,is it? I try and eat right, I'm made to do 2/3 hours of exercise at school...
Obviously 120-130lbs will look big(ger) on someone 5ft than it would on someone 4 or 5 inches taller. But still...I feel absolutely disgusting. Even though there are, I guess, 'chubby' looking girls at my school who are 5ft/5ft 1/5ft 2 who weigh 120-140lbs.
I'm obsessing about weight. Ugh,stop it, I'm turning into one of those shallow health freak girls.

i'm officially jealous of you. i'm 5'4" as well and i haven't seen 128-136 in AGES!

that is THE PERFECT size range! I say it's perfect bc you have enough muscle mass and softness that clothes probably look fantastic on you AND you probably look gorgeous in anything you put on bc you're not all boney and knock-knees...

as a matter of fact, once i get my insulin resistance under control, 135 is the goal weight my doc set for me.

U

userremoved

I think I just need some help on how to stop thinking I'm fat/unhealthy/unattractive. I'm 5ft 4 (nearly 5ft 5,wooo), and between 128-136lbs...not going to tell you the exact number ;)
That's not unhealthy,is it? I try and eat right, I'm made to do 2/3 hours of exercise at school...
Obviously 120-130lbs will look big(ger) on someone 5ft than it would on someone 4 or 5 inches taller. But still...I feel absolutely disgusting. Even though there are, I guess, 'chubby' looking girls at my school who are 5ft/5ft 1/5ft 2 who weigh 120-140lbs.
I'm obsessing about weight. Ugh,stop it, I'm turning into one of those shallow health freak girls.

This isn't to make anyone feel bad who is short (like 5ft or whatever) and who is 120+ lbs. I'm just saying, they would perhaps be perceived as chubby. And these people do....look bigger. Which isn't an inherently bad thing. Obviously.

Hey you could be me. Im 6ft 3 and weight around 136. Im a freakin martian LOL.

On a side note. Im trying to help my nephew transform his new transformer but cant. Since when did toys get this complicated? I had no problem with my transformers as a kid >.<

I think I just need some help on how to stop thinking I'm fat/unhealthy/unattractive. I'm 5ft 4 (nearly 5ft 5,wooo), and between 128-136lbs...not going to tell you the exact number ;)

First, weight-height ratio isn't really an indication of health.

Second, what looks attractive to the greatest number of people is certainly not an indication of health.

Third, I'd say your weight is absolutely nothing to worry about. You're right where you "should" be.

AsTimeBurns

I find that when girls are worried about their weight, it's generally because they've been upset by other girls, who may have insulted them. During the teenage years, girls are just bitchy, they'll say things to try and hurt other people, sometimes for no reason at all.

You'll find men don't actually care anywhere near as much as women think we do about things like this. Just try and be happy in yourself if you can, and screw anyone who doesn't like it/.

ridicule

I find that when girls are worried about their weight, it's generally because they've been upset by other girls, who may have insulted them. During the teenage years, girls are just bitchy, they'll say things to try and hurt other people, sometimes for no reason at all.

You'll find men don't actually care anywhere near as much as women think we do about things like this. Just try and be happy in yourself if you can, and screw anyone who doesn't like it/.

This is accurate.

MrJones

I have three more years of this at least. How do I....deal with this and stop hating myself?
I think there are no tricks. But...

You know that those people are just trying to make you feel bad about yourself with the only thing that can hurt you. If you'd feel bad when they tell you anything else, they'd said that other thing, no matter what it is.
You know that they are not as mature as you.
You know your weight is perfectly healthy.
You know you look good.

Why be annoyed with something you know is not true?

I have three more years of this at least. How do I....deal with this and stop hating myself?

The people you go to school with seem to be out to make you feel crappy. Don't believe a word they say. They are exaggerating your features to feel better about their own. You're smarter than they are, and (believe it or not) you don't have to respect their unfounded opinions. You probably wouldn't accept their musical, political, religious, etc. opinions just because they're vocal about them, so why should you accept their opinions on your physical appearance?

AsTimeBurns

Well I didn't say it would be easy, if it was no-one would have any problems worrying about what others think or say about them. But in the end, I think it comes down to just convincing yourself that it really doesn't matter what other people think.

If someone insults you..who cares? There are billions of other people out there, 99% of whom won't be horrible to you, so why focus on the tiny % that are just bastards?

U

userremoved

Its hard to believe there's nothing wrong with you when you have people telling you daily there is. I understand. Thats why I have issues now. The only thing you can do is stand up for yourself. You'll respect yourself later on in life which will help your confidence later on. Also some people will see and respect that and not be so quick to listen to the bullies.

U

userremoved

i resent that comment about not being attractive if you're fat.

seriously. there are tons of girls and women with a waist bigger than 25" and they are absolutely gorgeous creatures.

my waist is bigger than 25". You are NOT ugly and neither am i. and *gasp* amazing...we aren't teeny stick figures.

As far as your ideas being unoriginal, do you steal ideas from others?? if you don't...then your ideas are original bc you didn't take it from someone else.

Do think this person is ugly?? She isn't skinny...so by the definition of your stick figure schoolmates she would be considered ugly right?? *sigh* i'm so sick of young girls defining themselves by the opinion of their peers and how big or small their a$$ is.

ashleyg05.jpg

Btw, who is this woman?