Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

F0AM

What's the deal with the "Adults only" section? is that place blocked for underage people or is it just a fancy name? why has my thread been moved there, i thought it was for people with more serious conditions than SP or for sex related stuff. My thread is about horror fiction, not that i'm posting snuff movies or real stuff pics...jeez :/

theoutsider

What's the deal with the "Adults only" section? is that place blocked for underage people or is it just a fancy name? why has my thread been moved there, i thought it was for people with more serious conditions than SP or for sex related stuff. My thread is about horror fiction, not that i'm posting snuff movies or real stuff pics...jeez :/

If it's the thread I'm thinking of, it's probably because it has profanity in the title. Kind of a sh itty reason since anybody can read the title anyway. I guess someone surmised there would be some really adult-related content if the title contained profanity. :idontknow:

theoutsider

I think my unwillingness to socialize with certain inconsiderate people in my life has finally received some recognition and grudging respect. Didn't see that coming!

F0AM

If it's the thread I'm thinking of, it's probably because it has profanity in the title. Kind of a sh itty reason since anybody can read the title anyway. I guess someone surmised there would be some really adult-related content if the title contained profanity. :idontknow:

Thanks for the response, didn't know "shitty" was a profanity word (doesn't even turn into ******)

giphy.gif

Last edited:

theoutsider

Thanks for the response, didn't know "shitty" was a profanity word (doesn't even turn into ******)

giphy.gif

True! I thought it would which is why I typed it as sh itty with the space between the h and i. It's funny, if I type j erk without the space I get ****. :bigsmile:

F0AM

True! I thought it would which is why I typed it as sh itty with the space between the h and i. It's funny, if I type j erk without the space I get ****. :bigsmile:

Haha guessed so, besides half of the threads/posts should be placed there since i see a lot words like: "j-erk, shit or f-uck". And the content is all regular stuff you can even see on tv. Not stuff from the "Deep web" or thing like that...how frustrating.

Oh Well, i guess i'll never unravel the mystery.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER

Moderation has always been done in strange moderation around here. :D

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member

Threads getting moved to the "adult" section is an automated process done by some sort of weird filter installed by the webmaster a few years back. The triggers mostly seem to include profanity and words related to sex or death. I've got no more control over this than you do. Later when I have more time I could change the title and maybe move the thread back if you want.

F0AM

Threads getting moved to the "adult" section is an automated process done by some sort of weird filter installed by the webmaster a few years back. The triggers mostly seem to include profanity and words related to sex or death. I've got no more control over this than you do. Later when I have more time I could change the title and maybe move the thread back if you want.

Whoa, thank you Nathaniel, but i think i'm starting to like the idea of it being in the "dark side" of the forum haha. I just felt like it shouldnt be there because is a "trivial" thread and ppl on the "adults only" section could be looking for more serious stuff.

Besides, none of the words i've used in the title are affected by profanity, sex or death xD there's even a post in that section about pets being therapeutic...How's that even there!?? :bigsmile:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Besides, none of the words i've used in the title are affected by profanity, sex or death xD there's even a post in that section about pets being therapeutic...How's that even there!?? :bigsmile:

The word "shit" counts as profanity, but only for that purpose (for reasons best known to whomever wrote the filter). At a guess, the user was browsing the "adult" section when he decided to create his thread. People do not typically pay much attention to which forum they're posting in.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Why do I keep doing things my way when it implies government officers? It gets me into trouble and makes everything complicated because it's not in their procedure. I'm gonna shoot myself.

Is it just me or do we seem to have more "thanks" to give out now?

200.gif
Do we? I haven't noticed.....yet. :thinking:

My government is trying really hard to extend the age of being allowed to retire from the current legislated, gradually increasing scale up to the new 67 yrs of age in 5 years time, to...70 yrs of age. :sad:

We may be able to live longer now because of modern medicine, but those in their 60's/70's often have an extensive range of health problems. :eek:h:

It might be ok for office workers who sit down all day, but can you imagine a 68yr old carpenter trying to balance on top a roof of the house he is building?
Or a 69 yr old nurse who walks into a patient's room, then forgets the new dosage details the doctor just told her, of the medication she is supposed to give the patient, because her short term memory is failing?