Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MollyBeGood

Yay BlueDays-Is it the Million Dollar Question? It must be all the good drugs everyone takes anymore to dull the senses that keeps people from pondering this.

"How to get rid of "People You May Know" ?"
I cannot believe I just did that Google search about an annoying FB thing... but it came out very funny and serial killer-ish if that can be funny.

no one gets my warped sense of humor.

oh well.

GraybeardGhost

Every time I get a message from my ex, I'm reminded of why she's an ex. She has an amazing capacity to make me feel worse about myself in an effort to help. :eek:mg:

"How to get rid of "People You May Know" ?"
I cannot believe I just did that Google search about an annoying FB thing... but it came out very funny and serial killer-ish if that can be funny.

no one gets my warped sense of humor.

oh well.

I've been known to joke about Albert Fish from time to time. I get you. :perfect:

ETA: I think I've Googled that same question. It really is annoying, isn't it?

Last edited:
I shopped online. A relief not to go into supermarkets over the next few days.
I tried that once this year, but I won't ever do it again though.

They gave me the smallest little cucumbers they could possibly find and not the right amount of apples I asked - and paid for.

They also put in substitutions for grocery products I know they would have had in the store, as I have shopped at the same place for 13 years and they have never run out of the products they substituted.

For me, the feeling of being 'ripped off' by them over-rides the benefit of not having to actually going into the shop and subsequent anxiety.

How accurate was the order they sent you, Kiwong?

MollyBeGood

They gave me the smallest little cucumbers they could possibly find and not the right amount of apples I asked - and paid for.

They also put in substitutions for grocery products I know they would have had in the store, as I have shopped at the same place for 13 years and they have never run out of the products they substituted.

For me, the feeling of being 'ripped off' by them over-rides the benefit of not having to actually going into the shop and subsequent anxiety.

I had the EXACT same experience as you. I think they target seniors and shut-ins apparently with money and who do't complain.

Hot_Tamale

I may be able to shed some light on this but I don't everything about your situation so take what I say with a grain of salt. I've worked in a restaurant for 2 years and we sell cookies. Sometimes we set cookies we've made off to the side to use for a large catering order later on and when the cookies we've made run out for the customers then we may not have the time to make more. I've heard customers in the past say they'll buy a cookie we have set off to the side but we're unable to serve them to them because then we won't have enough for a catering order. The store you visited might be a cheapskate for selling you a substituted product but there could be things going on behind the scenes, like damaged/expired goods, a late truck order, or a recall.

Kiwong

I got four punnets of Apples Blue Days. Thought I only ordered one. Prawns were fantastic. I couldn't get the cold meat I ordered. Speaking to the truck driver was the hardest part. The guy was OK, we talked about camera gear for a while. I'll keep doing it, the local shops are a nightmare for me.

Last edited:

MollyBeGood

I got four punnets of Apples Blue Days. Thought I only ordered one. Prawns were fantastic. I couldn't get the cold meat I ordered. Speaking to the truck driver was the hardest part. The guy was OK, we talked about camera gear for a while. I'll keep doing it, the local shops are a nightmare for me.

That is great if the service works well for you in your area.

I found the substitute for smaller portions was almost robbery-I have never seen such small items...it has been awhile but yeah....

MollyBeGood

I am trying to use raw garlic to cure my throat infection. It is only the oldest most powerful natural antibiotic in the history of man. I cannot believe people still think getting an antibiotic from a physician is the best course of action.

I was born in the wrong time/planet

(I am referring to an argument with my mom)

exhausting.

Last edited:
Why do tomatoes taste so bad

Cut it into pieces and mix them with two table spoon of vinegar and a dash of salt. If you stir that in a bowl for a bit, and then let the fluids drain out, they'll take much of the bad taste with it.

I really hate tomatoes too, but others love 'em. So when I need to make a salad or other thing with them in it I do this, and makes them much more tolerable. They don't seem to notice a difference, but I do.

That is good that it works for you, Kiwong.
With the truck driver, I awkwardly kept saying nothing but 'thank you' every time he handed me each shopping bag.
Each shopping bag was only filled to a quarter of its capacity, so there were lots of bags! I sounded like a robot repeating the same words over and over - he had a puzzled look on his face! lol :eek:mg:

I remember you saying you lived in a small town or something where the people recognise you around town. That would be a nightmare. :sad:

I am trying to use raw garlic to cure my throat infection. It is only the oldest most powerful natural antibiotic in the history of man. I cannot believe people still think getting an antibiotic from a physician is the best course of action.

I was born in the wrong time/planet

(I am referring to an argument with my mom)

exhausting.
Don't forget the wonderfully effective gargling with hot water with heaps of salt mixed in it down the back of your throat.
That helps to kill the bacteria and helps to dull the pain for a while, double bonus. :thumbup:
How do you deal with the garlic smell on your breath though?
The garlic smell is so hard to get rid of! I would be too embarrassed to be around people with garlic-breath. :blushing:

MollyBeGood

Don't forget the wonderfully effective gargling with hot water with heaps of salt mixed in it down the back of your throat.
That helps to kill the bacteria and helps to dull the pain for a while, double bonus. :thumbup:
How do you deal with the garlic smell on your breath though?
The garlic smell is so hard to get rid of! I would be too embarrassed to be around people with garlic-breath. :blushing:

great advice-thanks! My mom used to have us do that one.

haha yeah I have been avoiding people as usual:giggle: