Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Ithior

Which doctor should I visit to check inflammations? I have noticed all my health problems are inflammations. Rhinitis, gingivitis, and my bowel noises might be related to inflammations too. And these aren't temporary, I've had them for many years. I want to know if there's something wrong with me overall, and not if I have localised inflammations because I already know that. What I want to know if there's an underlying cause behind all these inflammations. So what kind of doctor should I go to?

Megaten

Im tired of people treating me like Im damn potential criminal just because I like to have some alone time. I've had way too many damn jokes directed my way about me going on some killing spree because it "the quiet ones you gotta watch out for". This crap has happened at school and work. Now today Im just sitting in a park on campus. I picked the spot because I was hoping for peace and quiet. And here come two young women and one says "I dont know what to think about this one" and the other replies "who is he?". I look up and they've both locked eyes with me looking somewhat amused and kept watching me until they passed. Why cant people accept that not everyone needs or WANTS to have someone at their side at all damn times. There needs to be a hurtful saying directed at the outgoing and extroverted too.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Im tired of people treating me like Im damn potential criminal just because I like to have some alone time. I've had way too many damn jokes directed my way about me going on some killing spree because it "the quiet ones you gotta watch out for". This crap has happened at school and work. Now today Im just sitting in a park on campus. I picked the spot because I was hoping for peace and quiet. And here come two young women and one says "I dont know what to think about this one" and the other replies "who is he?". I look up and they've both locked eyes with me looking somewhat amused and kept watching me until they passed. Why cant people accept that not everyone needs or WANTS to have someone at their side at all damn times. There needs to be a hurtful saying directed at the outgoing and extroverted too.

That's what ye huv to deal with if yer introverted or don't mind yer own company, sadly. Sorry, you're getting hassle for it, Megaten.

Last edited:

Phoenixx

Today in class, or rather before class started, a girl came up to me and asked for some help on the summary paper. Then we got to talking and studying together.

Then 10 mins before class began, the woman who sits behind me started conversing with me about last night’s ServSafe certification exam and we talked up until class started.

After class a girl was walking ahead of me down the stairs and turned around and started talking with me about the exam and how I did. We carried on a conversation for a few minutes until we parted ways.

I’m not sure what I did to make people approach me today and just start talking to me, but it was nice. Perhaps it was because I took the extra time to do my eye makeup...? :question:

this_portrait

I think I can finish another chapter before I go to bed, if I just keep at it. Need to keep churning out more chapters. Need to get the novel done. Need to edit afterwards. I want to be reaching out to publishing houses and agents by the end of the year. I know I can do it.

Ithior

I'm going to tell the friend I'm doing my group projects with that we shouldn't sit next to each other in class any more. I have noticed that the amount of notes we take in those classes is significantly less than when we're apart. I spend all class distracted and so does she. On top of that I think we're disturbing other people in the class. I hope she doesn't get upset with me. I'll tell her tomorrow because I don't want her to think it's an April Fools' prank.

I'll also start doing our group projects by myself. We had a week off from uni that we could have used to get most of it done, but her boyfriend was in town (long distance relationship) so we didn't do anything. I was ok with that, and even though she didn't tell me anything (at the time) I had already predicted it would happen so I planned accordingly. The problem is that he is staying 2 more weeks and she is still saying it is complicated for her to work on these projects, so we would effectively start 3 weeks before the deadlines. 3 weeks to do 3 projects. It doesn't seem feasible, not if we're aiming for the top marks. I can do these projects by myself, I just wanted her to learn as well. But if she has other priorities I'm not going to let her drag me down. I'm not going to let the fact that her boyfriend is in town for 3 weeks destroy my entire semester.

Door sounds in sitcoms exist in a nether realm where non of the characters can hear them, or so I've been lead to believe. Apparently they also can't see the person's big fat head peering through it.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple

When people do this to me, I usually react in a similar way to them telling me pigs can now fly. Rather than try to defend myself, I just write it off as an absurd line of thinking. "haha, yeah I left my ax at home today :rolleyes: :rolleyes: oh goodness how silly you guys are." "haha right (wait am I dumb for being afraid quiet people are all ticking time bombs? Should I re-evaluate the stereotype I have made?)"

But really anyone who has spent time with me knows this anyway. It's like everything though, when people aren't exposed to it, they have a harder time understanding it, and will jump to conclusions based on what they do know.

745_introvertology.png

As for hurtful sayings about extroverted and outgoing people, I see them here all the time. They're obnoxious, they're superficial and fake, they're not as smart. And really, it allows you to be more easily judged and categorized. The loud drunk is ditzy and dumb. The smart guy using big words is a condescending snob. The slow talking guy is dumb. The one talking about video games has no life. The one talking about politics is crazy. So there isn't as many overarching negative things I think, because it allows people to more specifically attack them. Lovely, isn't it?

planemo

My mind is like a sieve. My life experiences are like water that passes through it. All the clean, good water goes through and moves on, but my mind holds on to all the dirt and impurities found in it.

anomicdeer

Today in class, or rather before class started, a girl came up to me and asked for some help on the summary paper. Then we got to talking and studying together.

Then 10 mins before class began, the woman who sits behind me started conversing with me about last night’s ServSafe certification exam and we talked up until class started.

After class a girl was walking ahead of me down the stairs and turned around and started talking with me about the exam and how I did. We carried on a conversation for a few minutes until we parted ways.

I’m not sure what I did to make people approach me today and just start talking to me, but it was nice. Perhaps it was because I took the extra time to do my eye makeup...? :question:

Haha. Nice.
I would have loved a day like that in class (if I was still in school).

Graeme1988

My mind is like a sieve. My life experiences are like water that passes through it. All the clean, good water goes through and moves on, but my mind holds on to all the dirt and impurities found in it.

Ah've felt this way for a while, myself.

Graeme1988

I've got the intro guitar riff to a certain song by a band that ah like stuck in my head on a loop. But ah can't recall either the song or the band in question. :kickingmyself:

Phoenixx

After handing in a summary paper that was due today, I have this lingering anxiety that I'm going to fail it. Even though I followed the format that was in the syllabus and the fact I am a decent writer, somehow, some way, I'm sure my professor will find more than enough things wrong with it and give me a terrible score. Perhaps she didn't like the position of the staple in the left corner of the pages. Maybe she won't like my writing style, although I was as straight forward and thorough as I could be as she did indicate to write in a "scientific matter." Maybe she won't like the fact I was 20-something words over the limit. Maybe she won't like my plain minimalist cover page either.

This isn't just me being anxious either. I'm really sick and tired of dealing with this professor, as she is quite unfair and harsh. Today in class she absolutely refused to answer any questions after going over last week's exam. One woman raised her hand, the professor called on her, she goes to say, "I have a question on #33...", and then immediately cuts her off saying, "I'm not answering any questions." Probably because on our last exam before that, quite a few people confronted her on how unreasonable her scoring was on some questions, as both the questions and answers provided were vague. I understand some students can be whiny about scores, but in this case they had every right to confront her, yet she always acts like she's never in the wrong and that us as students are just terrible people. This kind of attitude is never anything new. Every test, every report is like a psychological mind game. Gives vague outline on how she wants things done, a ton of people ask her questions to verify, she gets frustrated because too many people are asking questions, then you try to follow her criteria and she bashes you if you did it "wrong," even if you don't know what that "wrong" is exactly. It baffles me how she's been teaching there for 30 years.

Thankfully she's retiring after this semester, so no one else -- me included -- has to continue to put up with her bullshit.

It's all so weird...

I don't feel depressed and haven't felt seriously depressed in a while, at least more than a day or so at a time. When it has happened lately it's been brief and not often. I think this has changed due to having moved out of my mom's house and into a clean, cozy, peaceful place. However, although I love where I live and I ultimately feel good about it all, there's this lingering unhappiness and my guess is it is because of 1) stress due to having too much on my plate and literally not enough hours in each day/week to do it all while working and going to school, and 2) lack of a social life.

It's a weird mixture of very good things and some of the same old bad things that need to be changed but are not easily/readily changed. I'm grateful for the amazing things I DO have, for sure. And I know that I do have people in my life who care about me. Most of them are family and a few of them are other people. This lack of more non-family relationships really, really gets me down. I want a few close friends - it's really all I ask. And a romantic relationship, which I have in a way, but... well, that is complicated and I just don't even know. There are a few factors that make it complicated, one being the fact that the person lives far away. So... it's good in a lot of ways, but complicated by things.

The biggest thing I feel desperately needs to change, and is causing the greater amount of unhappiness out of the two things I mentioned, is the stress/not enough time. I spend every day running, running, running, and when I take some time to just do nothing or enjoy myself I feel guilty because I really should be studying - I have limited time do so, so I just keep playing desperate half-assed catch-up in all my classes. I'm not getting all A's right now...

I haven't even done my taxes yet! Or filed for financial aid. The stress is never-ending and my job is incredibly demanding in a lot of ways, and I often feel on the verge of panic and want to just break down and cry and give up out of frustration and exhaustion. I'm desperate for down time. But not depressed. Despite feeling so desperate, I also feel like I'm getting through it pretty well, considering. I feel tired and stressed, but resilient.

At least this summer I'll have an amazing vacation of sorts that will be like a reward for all this hard work.

Last edited:

planemo

You have people with too much pomp, bravado and pride, and then you have us... people with too much shame and self doubt. Maybe we exist to balance things out? :thinking: