Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Been contemplating gettin' a few tattoos. And ah think ah might. Cuz ah think ah've finally overcome may fear of needles. Getting blood taken a few times before the surgeries an durin' ma hospital stay and daily injections in ma stomach to keep making from get blood clots in many legs.

Mind you, ah dinnae ken if ah should go with a Scottish tattoo or song lyrics that have resonated and help me through hard times? Or would the lyrics be a bit naff? :question:

Graeme1988

Been listening to the Chinese Democracy album by Guns N' Roses, lately. As a genuine fan of the band, no cuz of all the recent reunion news that has been makin' the rounds and speculation about the lineup, beyond Axl, Slash and Duff being confirmed.

And, while I don't think much of the lineup changes the band have went through, Chinese Democracy is actually a brilliant, album, judged on its own merit. Very underrated by fans who give it shit for only having Axl Rose and Dizzy Reed involved from the previous lineup.

January is not an easy month.
Neither is February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, and December. :D

.....sorry Spartan, I could not resist! :giggle: :shyness:

I do hope the rest of your January does start to get a little better soon, Spartan. :)

Megaten

Ive still got a lot of growing up to do. Here's hoping I didnt just ruin what good I had going in my life tonight.

S_Spartan

Neither is February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, and December. :D

.....sorry Spartan, I could not resist! :giggle: :shyness:

I do hope the rest of your January does start to get a little better soon, Spartan. :)

Jinx! Right after I typed that I had the thought "so there is an easy month"? haha

Thanks and back at ya!

I'm importing a friend this Sunday. It's going to be nice to be able to hang out in person for a while, and to have some dedicated time off.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Been listening to the Chinese Democracy album by Guns N' Roses, lately. As a genuine fan of the band, no cuz of all the recent reunion news that has been makin' the rounds and speculation about the lineup, beyond Axl, Slash and Duff being confirmed.

I really hope they do form again. I know Axl is fat but i dont care, seriously.
There are 4 bands I have always wanted to see live,

Metallica (seen em twice)
Megadeth (seen em once)
Iron Maiden (Goin to see them in May WOOOOT!!!)
and the Gunners.. hopin they come to Australia.

Ithior

Well I guess that's it, I'm really going to have to spend the night at a hotel because I can't get any sleep in my own bedroom. There's people coming to my apartment every day and they wake me up 3 hours before the hour I was going to wake up at because they're so noisy. Then they stay here for hours, so I can't use the bathroom either. I'm literally going to have to pay 100€ to sleep and take a dump.

Graeme1988

I really hope they do form again. I know Axl is fat but i dont care, seriously.

Ah know, but as long he's punctual for the gigs and gets some voice couching to get his voice back into shape, and as near to what it once was, this reunion tour should be great. Cuz his is still sund great in the studio, just live he tends to not put as much effort. At least from the live reviews I read a few years ago. Don't know if he was any better when Duff made that guest appearance at one of their gigs?

And lineup wise, it'd be great if Steve, Matt and Izzy made an appearance to play a few songs from the albums they were involved with.

And they've just recent announced a couple of shows in Las Vegas. So I hoping for the world tour to start later in the year and go into 2017. Cuz the media huv hyped this reunion since Axl and Slash got back on good terms, for it not to be a massive world tour.

There are 4 bands I have always wanted to see live,

Metallica (seen em twice)
Megadeth (seen em once)
Iron Maiden (Goin to see them in May WOOOOT!!!)
and the Gunners.. hopin they come to Australia.

Saw Metallica back in 2009 in Glasgow before my birthday. They were great. And Machine Head opened for them. I still remember to this day, when Rob Flynn demanded the whole crowd start a mosh pits going all around the stage. Because Metallica still had or have that snake pit divide of crowd. And if Scottish music crowds do to summit - drunk or sober - they will...

I was sitting at the raised disabled platform, Imperium kicks in and these 2 long-haired lads giving laldy with the headbanging, next things these 2 old guys, must've in their 40, step back just inch from the disabled platform and head for the bar til Metallica start their set :bigsmile:.

And I saw Megadeth and Testament open for Judas Priest on their 2008 UK tour. Megadeth were on top form. And Iron Maiden was ma 1st live concert, age 15. Get it up ye! Maiden were awe-inspiring, lost ma voice singing along and still heard the show ringing in ma lugs (ears) for days afterwards. You'll huv a great time, Pug.

As far as G N' R goes, I hope they come to Scotland and does a gig at Hampden Park. And I want really to see them, but more than I want my mum to see them because my cousin offer to get her a ticket to see 'em during the Use Your Illusion tour but my oldest sister said my mum was too old to be going to rock gigs.

And now in her 60s, I taken my mum and oldest sister to see all those bands I mentioned. Plus Rush, AC/DC, Rod Stewart, Whitesnake, Def Leppard (all of those bands twice). Bryan Adams and Depeche Mode

Last edited:

this_portrait

That feeling of relief when you think someone is going to spew hatred at you, and instead they are actually polite (even if they don't remember you). It does wonders for anxiety.

Graeme1988

Oh, and ah just the say the aw the wonderful, surgical staff at Dumfries hospital... Thank you for putting me at ease. :thumbup: Same can be said the male nurses, physiotherapists an tha beautiful female nurses and doctors. Despite putting in ma ain wee room on a total mental ward of the hospital. :bigsmile:

GraybeardGhost

Well, I have to admit I'm a little disappointed in myself, but what choice did I have? Crowds stirred to a frenzy by blizzard-mania, or the same old deadly dull thing? No thanks. Sometimes compromise is a necessary evil.