Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Ithior

Spent the afternoon with a friend of mine. We met online and this was the first time meeting in person, but for some reason I wasn't very nervous. Had a good time, even though we didn't do anything special. I guess I really needed to go out and get some fresh air, without having to worry about exams.

After she boarded the train to go back home, I was walking out of the station and crossed paths with this girl I had a crush on 3 years ago. It was nothing serious, I just thought she was really cute but the most I did about it was send her a facebook request (which she never answered so I just removed the request after a couple of weeks). Anyway, for some reason she just stared at me for like 10 seconds. I have no idea why.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
F you.

I've been the politically correct, nice guy for far too long.
Always trying to do the right thing by you and everyone, and where's it got me?
I think maybe you see it as me being a soft target when all I'm trying to do is consider whats best for everyone involved.

Yet you can't see that. So F you.
Now I'll start playing hard ball. See how you like it.

SoScared

Its becoming one of those days again. I think I messed up the start of the day and never caught it back. All alone as normal. Nobody here for me. I guess that must be my fault. Checking out the help line numbers.

Does anyone else feel almost like a superhero? Like you have this unfair expectation put on you. If something goes wrong it's because you didn't make the sacrifice that no one else is expected to make.

Like spiderman. He saves people's lives, prevents the world from ending and people complain about the city damage it caused. I know it's fiction, but it makes for a good analogy.

There is an internal struggle that people expect you to keep to yourself. God forbid if you actually show any emotion.

S_Spartan

Does anyone else feel almost like a superhero? Like you have this unfair expectation put on you. If something goes wrong it's because you didn't make the sacrifice that no one else is expected to make.

Like spiderman. He saves people's lives, prevents the world from ending and people complain about the city damage it caused. I know it's fiction, but it makes for a good analogy.

There is an internal struggle that people expect you to keep to yourself. God forbid if you actually show any emotion.

It's true. Nobody cares about your emotional pain. Now if it looks as though it could affect them negatively then they *may* care a little but mostly people do not care.

I was just thinking the other day how on TV/movies the characters are often given this little extra bit of empathy for each other which is a stark contrast to how real life human interactions work.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
It's been a rough couple of weeks.

I won't get into it because it just doesn't seem right, but suffice it to say that this has been a really tough time. To appreciate what you have while you have it seems to be the moral of this story, and I'm so glad I did.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Piss off with that "Why dae folk treat me badly?"

Ever thought it could break yer attitude towards life. And yer hatred towards men? F*** know why ye hud me if aw ye were gonna do is treat the way ye huv. Still at least yer daughters still love, respect and think you can do no wrong, eh? But that different, innit? Heap praise on them cuz they good. And men.... Well, they aw useless, evil, c***s, aren't they?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Oh, just to clear, now that the rehab is startin' me - ppoaseg surgery. If you even think about going all Beastie Boys or Black Sabbath on this and ttry to sabotage ma yin last chance at happiness and independence. You will regret it.

It's been a rough couple of weeks.

I won't get into it because it just doesn't seem right, but suffice it to say that this has been a really tough time. To appreciate what you have while you have it seems to be the moral of this story, and I'm so glad I did.
Sorry to read you have been through a really rough time, Fountain. :sad:

I am learning to appreciate what I do have more and more lately. However I think it is only because my anxiety is swelling up and causing me to worry about losing something important.

Glad that you did manage to appreciate whatever you had while you had it, Fountain. Sadly many people end up regretting not doing that after it is too late.