Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Kiwong

:giggle:
So, I wrote a sonnet yesterday—first in a long time, if not ever—and I'm not feeling too solid about it. I'd like to get some feedback, but I don't feel like this is really the place for it, and I'm sure everyone's already sick of my fancy blather. I know there's a poetry-specific site that some people here use for this purpose, but I can't recall the name of it off hand. Can anybody point me in the right direction here? Thanks. :)

I used to post on the Arcanum café many years ago.

Steiner

Well, it's time to decide:

Go to sleep, like my body is telling me.

or

Guzzle another Brawndo and stay up because I don't want to.

960.jpg

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Absolutely. What would you wear? I think I'd go for Majora's mask myself.

Something angelic, something that's harmless and revealing of my true intentions.

mask.bmp

But honestly, anything that obscured my emotions and hid my eyes would work. I seem to be really sensitive when it comes to making eye-contact and people judging my facial expressions.

:idontknow:

Steiner

I feel like I actually learned today. Finally starting to do medical coding using the ICD-10 CM book and trying to understand how to use it and working through it is enjoyable I thought. Haven't really felt that way about a lot of things when it came to this whole college thing.

Maybe it's more the feeling you get when you finally understand something that at first was hard to grasp. Same feeling when I understand a math problem.

I find the looking through the book for the correct code the most fun and look forward to that part of doing assignments. Actually getting ahead of myself and halfway through next week's assignments. Ended up going back and looking through my past assignments and doing all of those over again as well because I felt like maybe I had missed something because something really clicked when I got to the 2nd week's assignments.

Last edited:
Society is making a big deal out of doing as many exciting things before you are 30.

Are they? How odd

Are you sure its society and not just the under 30s on social media making a big deal about what they've done before 30 for bragging purposes?

I hate Facebook I have nothing to do with it these days. All it does is give people a platform to brag and that's pretty much it aside from providing the occasional bandwagon for the all-to-willing majority.

anomicdeer

I feel like I actually learned today. Finally starting to do medical coding using the ICD-10 CM book and trying to understand how to use it and working through it is enjoyable I thought. Haven't really felt that way about a lot of things when it came to this whole college thing.

Maybe it's more the feeling you get when you finally understand something that at first was hard to grasp. Same feeling when I understand a math problem.

I find the looking through the book for the correct code the most fun and look forward to that part of doing assignments. Actually getting ahead of myself and halfway through next week's assignments. Ended up going back and looking through my past assignments and doing all of those over again as well because I felt like maybe I had missed something because something really clicked when I got to the 2nd week's assignments.

That's nice. Coding seems fun.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Are they? How odd

Are you sure its society and not just the under 30s on social media making a big deal about what they've done before 30 for bragging purposes?

I hate Facebook I have nothing to do with it these days. All it does is give people a platform to brag and that's pretty much it aside from providing the occasional bandwagon for the all-to-willing majority.

Aye, ah agree with ya oan that.

Ah dinnae like Facebook, either. Never huv. Though, ah wus forced to join due to pressure from my family. Despite being quite private fella and never really been yin brag aboot masel. And not huvin much to say, anyway. Plus ah've never liked drawing attention to masel.

anomicdeer

I feel like I try so much to get somewhere where I want to be. Just the simplest things I want in life, positive.
But I seem to only get what will turn out to be bad for me.

onehandclapping

I can't have conversations with people.
I make situations awkward and difficult.
I am misunderstood no matter what I try.
I am useless at providing support to people.
I feel I have no potential to fulfill and even if I did its unlikely I would make it to that point.
I cringe in horror at most stuff I have tried to do.
I struggle with a normal daily life.

what is the point in me being alive?