Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

anomicdeer

I haven't gone on "dream Moods" in a while. I had a concern though.

Wallet

"Alternatively, losing your wallet indicates that you are losing touch with your true identity. You are experiencing some anxiety over changes and uncertainties happening in your life."

Sounds about right.

^speaking of dreams... My one recurring dream theme is a tornado, which revisited last night. Sometimes I dream of thunder and lightning but not as frequently. Also, lately I've had two "dreaming within a dream" experiences, where I "woke up" and realized I had been dreaming, but I was still actually dreaming, and I woke up for real and realized I had dreamed of dreaming :p

The dream world is so much fun.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Nothing to do with dreams, but does anyone know if it's dangerous to recharge a 12V deep-cycle battery in an apartment with closed windows (because it's winter)? I'm not dead yet but my apt smells weird.

Ithior

Also, lately I've had two "dreaming within a dream" experiences, where I "woke up" and realized I had been dreaming, but I was still actually dreaming, and I woke up for real and realized I had dreamed of dreaming :p

The dream world is so much fun.

Happened to me a few times. One time I kept waking up over and over again, always in the dream. The only thing out of the ordinary was that I saw snow from my window (it never snows here) and the amount was changing from dream to dream. Eventually I went to the bathroom and at some point the image in the mirror was not moving the same way I was and it kinda scared me a bit, making me finally wake up.

Nothing to do with dreams, but does anyone know if it's dangerous to recharge a 12V deep-cycle battery in an apartment with closed windows (because it's winter)? I'm not dead yet but my apt smells weird.

Having a read and it seems its not a good idea - can give off hydrogen and oxygen, potentially corrosive and explosive, ventilation recommended

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
^Yeah I opened my windows... From the things I've read it seemed to be more about explosion than intoxication though, which would mean as long as I don't light up candles or make sparkles it should be fine. Or maybe I'm just really trying to convince myself that it's not dangerous because I can't really do it anywhere else, lol.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Speaking of dreams, anyone get sleep paralysis? I hate that!

I'm not sure if its dream paralysis or not, but I've been trying to move in a dream and it feels like I have a massive weight on my body, I cant move.
I try to move so hard I wake myself up. So weird..

S_Spartan

I'm not sure if its dream paralysis or not, but I've been trying to move in a dream and it feels like I have a massive weight on my body, I cant move.
I try to move so hard I wake myself up. So weird..
Yes that is basically it. I don't experience the feeling of weight myself, just can't move but I have heard other people mention the feeling of weight.

Can't believe it's been 14 years since my mom pulled me out of school that day to keep me with her while we watched smoking NYC towers on television for the rest of the day. After the first few years after it happened passed, I barely thought about it. Don't think about it much now. It's become part of history now, over and done with, something that DID happen but has lost its relevancy. Of course that isn't true at all, just the feeling I get thinking about it.

I have a paperweight from my first trip to New York City, with a little scene in it of the harbor and the Brooklyn Bridge, Twin Towers standing in the background. Can't remember if I got it before or after the event...

Last edited:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Can't believe it's been 14 years since my mom pulled me out of school that day to keep me with her while we watched smoking NYC towers on television for the rest of the day. After the first few years after it happened passed, I barely thought about it. Don't think about it much now. It's become part of history now, over and done with, something that DID happen but has lost its relevancy. Of course that isn't true at all, just the feeling I get thinking about it.

I have a paperweight from my first trip to New York City, with a little scene in it of the harbor and the Brooklyn Bridge, Twin Towers standing in the background. Can't remember if I got it before or after the event...

I remember going to bed late one night and flicking the channels just before I turned the tv off. I seen a picture of the two towers with the smoke and thought it was just from a movie. I turned it off and went to sleep. The next morning I turned the tv back on to see what had happened... such a sad day.

I could only imagine what it was like for Americans having to go through that. Here in Australia we were shocked, hurt, and mad as hell.

Kiwong

My TV was blown out by lightning the night before September 11, so I was spared seeing it live on TV. I watched the planes crash into the towers when I got into work the next day. I remember later that year there was a air raid warning instruction before the Rugby League semi final.

The Boston Marathon bombing has really changed the security at big city fun runs. After the Boston bombing, standing on the start line of a fun run wasn't quite the same. There was a fear of, this race could be targeted.