Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Haha, okay, I did one. Graeme's is still better because Scotland. :giggle:

^ Yer no' wrong there, pal. Despite ma voice posts bein' pure shite, retrospectively. On the other hand... The Scottish accent is f**kin' belter.

♫ O flower of Scotland
When will we see your like again ♫

graphics-bagpipe-208928.gif

Sorry, could help masel' there. Ah got carried away... :bigsmile:

dottie

Maybe I'm being a bit juvenile, but I love accents and foreign languages, and yesterday a French couple came in to work. They spoke virtually no English, and were having trouble describing what they wanted so the man pointed to the pastry counter and said, "pain... chocolat" and a couple other French words I can't remember. Naturally I enjoyed hearing the words.

My coworker has a very thick Eastern European accent (I think she's Bulgarian but not positive) and I love it.

#I'mnotweirdI'mnerdy

Are you in Connecticut? Where do so many white people live? I want to know. About half of the population here speaks FOB (fresh off boat / foreign). You'd really like it. 25% speak Ratchet, the remainder speaks Hella.

GraybeardGhost

K it's been 4 hours... anything???

Well, I replied.

Then she replied. :)

So, I replied again. :praying:

And she replied again . . .

. . . to someone else. :sad:

Guess it wasn't meant for me after all. :idontknow:

I like to think I was able to give her some encouragement, though, whoever she was. Maybe she'll find the guy she was looking for, and things will work out okay for them. I certainly hope so.

Well, I replied.

I like to think I was able to give her some encouragement, though, whoever she was. Maybe she'll find the guy she was looking for, and things will work out okay for them. I certainly hope so.

That's all you can do i reckon. Good job for trying

*Pats graybeard on shoulder*

dottie

Well, I replied.

Did she mention a giant beard? Who else could it be? ...You must kill him.

Well, I replied.

^Damn, well at least you tried, GB. You would have never known if you didn't at least give it a shot. Good on you for being brave enough to try, mate.

(You, you, you used up the four smiley allowance in your post, GB. I could not use any in mine. /angry but cute red talking smiley/ I will forgive you this time, but just make sure it does not happen again, mkay?)

*would have put giggling smiley here if you had not used up all of them in your post*

LOL ; )

GraybeardGhost

^Damn, well at least you tried, GB. You would have never known if you didn't at least give it a shot. Good on you for being brave enough to try, mate.
Thank you, Blue. :)

(You, you, you used up the four smiley allowance in your post, GB. I could not use any in mine. /angry but cute red talking smiley/ I will forgive you this time, but just make sure it does not happen again, mkay?)

*would have put giggling smiley here if you had not used up all of them in your post*

LOL ; )
::p: ::p: ::p:

Thanks, man.

Damn it, Dottie, you're right! Can't take this lying down. Gotta take back what isn't mine! :bat:

Gonna need some help, though. :thinking:

You busy this weekend, JC?

Nope. My schedule just free'd up... you want it quick & painless or can i get out the shovel and trash bags? Oh the possibilities! :cool:

MikeyC

Well, I replied.

Aww, at least you tried, mate!

MollyBeGood

Just remembered..Had a recent dream of the rapture. Anyone else not religious but have a religious dream? It was someone else's dream in my head last night. That bothers me.

Last edited:
Just remembered..Had a recent dream of the rapture. Anyone else not religious but have a religious dream? It was someone else's dream in my head last night. That bothers me.

Would you feel up to describing it? Peoples dreams are interesting. Some believe that they mean different things.

I don't remember learning about religious rapture at school, so I looked it up to find it refers to believers being carried off into heaven at the end of days, whilst the unbelievers get to stay on earth and steal all their stuff - anyway, I thought it was interesting that "rapture" comes from latin "rapere" meaning "to carry off" and that eagles and hawks etc, raptors, have the same latin root. I'm not suggesting that giant eagles will carry off believers, LOTR style, or anything...:giggle:

I don't remember learning about religious rapture at school, so I looked it up to find it refers to believers being carried off into heaven at the end of days, whilst the unbelievers get to stay on earth and steal all their stuff - anyway, I thought it was interesting that "rapture" comes from latin "rapere" meaning "to carry off" and that eagles and hawks etc, raptors, have the same latin root. I'm not suggesting that giant eagles will carry off believers, LOTR style, or anything...:giggle:

Heh. .... some say its already here.