Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Ithior

The dog from the apartment above is driving me crazy. It's constantly whining and the owners don't give a ****. It's past 11pm so I think I could call the cops on them because of the noise if I wanted to.

MikeyC

My shirts and pants are slightly tighter.... :sad:

I'm pretty sure they've shrunk and I definitely haven't gotten fatter, no sir.

^ Sounds like extremist Jezebel feminazis (gag), not feminists. That is the problem with extremist feminists, they think everyone should act like an animal without dignity/accountability and parade it around under the guise of "tolerance". These people are a detriment to our society causing confusion and misguidance especially to our youth who is susceptible. And it's not that seeing a nipple is so shocking, but it is the door of unwanted things that it attracts. Maintain your standards. "You will recognize them by their fruits,"... one word: Rihanna. Just my 2 cents.

And by fruit I mean that metaphorically, not physically, pervos!

Yeah... one of the discussions did take place on Jezebel, heh.

I see what you're saying, and it makes sense.

Knowing that my children are growing up and that one day they'll be adults, possibly living on their own, driving on the roads, going places without me, ... it makes me very nervous. I noticed today that my daughter is growing up and she's very smart, and that my oldest son is growing up too. They don't ask me to help them with things they asked my help with a year ago. I automatically see them doing the things and go to help and get met with a "I know what I'm doing, Daddy." Or a "I can do this by myself!" It makes me stop and realize just how big they're getting to be. It's depressing in a small way. I mean it's nice that they know how to do more things but I feel like they don't need me as much :crying: I still have one baby but he will learn faster by having two very smart older siblings. I really enjoy them when they crawl fast but not quite walking just yet. Today at the birthday my wife's friend brought her three daughters and her youngest, a small-for-her-age, blue-eyed, blonde two year old, was crying inconsolably and her mom couldn't make her happy. I was in a very engaging conversation with another friend's husband and my wife's uncle and I excused myself from it to go pick up the little kid and walk her around my property. She likes being carried and looking at trees and stuff. She quit crying and we walked (i carried her) all around my place and she had to see every tree in the yard and every car in the driveway and the wife's cousin snapped a neat picture of the baby standing on the hood of my Chevelle while holding my hands and smiling really big. I think she was teething and not feeling good, the poor baby. She's so sweet. Later when she had to leave she cried after me, reaching for me...... deep down I wanted to reach for her too. My kids don't do that anymore, well the baby does but he won't for much longer. God, what's wrong with me?

Lavinialuna

Knowing that my children are growing up and that one day they'll be adults, possibly living on their own, driving on the roads, going places without me, ... it makes me very nervous. I noticed today that my daughter is growing up and she's very smart, and that my oldest son is growing up too. They don't ask me to help them with things they asked my help with a year ago. I automatically see them doing the things and go to help and get met with a "I know what I'm doing, Daddy." Or a "I can do this by myself!" It makes me stop and realize just how big they're getting to be. It's depressing in a small way. I mean it's nice that they know how to do more things but I feel like they don't need me as much :crying: I still have one baby but he will learn faster by having two very smart older siblings. I really enjoy them when they crawl fast but not quite walking just yet. Today at the birthday my wife's friend brought her three daughters and her youngest, a small-for-her-age, blue-eyed, blonde two year old, was crying inconsolably and her mom couldn't make her happy. I was in a very engaging conversation with another friend's husband and my wife's uncle and I excused myself from it to go pick up the little kid and walk her around my property. She likes being carried and looking at trees and stuff. She quit crying and we walked (i carried her) all around my place and she had to see every tree in the yard and every car in the driveway and the wife's cousin snapped a neat picture of the baby standing on the hood of my Chevelle while holding my hands and smiling really big. I think she was teething and not feeling good, the poor baby. She's so sweet. Later when she had to leave she cried after me, reaching for me...... deep down I wanted to reach for her too. My kids don't do that anymore, well the baby does but he won't for much longer. God, what's wrong with me?

I know exactly how you feel. That's why we have so many kids! Once they are 5 and in school they don't need you as much. It's a different relationship. They still need you, and you will be there, there is so much to teach them.. even my 20 year old needs me still! It is wonderful, older kids are like having great friends who you can joke around with, who will be there for you, and you for them... but there is nothing like little ones. They love you more than anyone. They let you hold them. They are grateful for the littlest things. They don't judge you. Everything is new and wonderful. Their innocence is a breath of fresh air.
You are still young, maybe you guys can have another when the baby is older? We stretched ours out so we could enjoy each and every one of them while they were little.
I don't think there is anything wrong with you, on the contrary, I think you found that parenting is something that you enjoy and you are good at.:perfect:

MollyBeGood

^ LOL!!

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us a universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest … a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.

~ Albert Einstein

MollyBeGood

Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.

~ Terence McKenna

I know exactly how you feel. That's why we have so many kids! Once they are 5 and in school they don't need you as much. It's a different relationship. They still need you, and you will be there, there is so much to teach them.. even my 20 year old needs me still! It is wonderful, older kids are like having great friends who you can joke around with, who will be there for you, and you for them... but there is nothing like little ones. They love you more than anyone. They let you hold them. They are grateful for the littlest things. They don't judge you. Everything is new and wonderful. Their innocence is a breath of fresh air.
You are still young, maybe you guys can have another when the baby is older? We stretched ours out so we could enjoy each and every one of them while they were little.
I don't think there is anything wrong with you, on the contrary, I think you found that parenting is something that you enjoy and you are good at.:perfect:

I love the non-judgementalness and innocence of them, they don't care if I play well with others 'cause I'm the guy that doctors boo-boo's and carries them around when they don't feel good, even if they ain't my kids :bigsmile: I do better with kids than I do with adults most of the time. We can't have any more, she got fixed back in November. After the first one we decided to have them all when we're still decently young, all but the last one, he was unexpected. You're right, I do enjoy parenting. I just needed to hear that I wasn't crazy and it was all ok I reckon lol Wow... five kids would be awesome! Until they all start fighting with each other at the same time :eek:h:

SoScared

I can be too flippant and uncaring. Its not a good characteristic. I quite often upset online and IRL friends. Not cool. Must be more thoughtful and aware of the consequences of my actions.

Amongst other songs, I've been listening a lot to the music from South Park the Movie lately. It kinda amazes me how genuinely good it is as both music and humour.

''...They're not even a real country anyway.'' That line always gets me. It's so hilariously petty. Love it.

Amongst other songs, I've been listening a lot to the music from South Park the Movie lately. It kinda amazes me how genuinely good it is as both music and humour.

''...They're not even a real country anyway.'' That line always gets me. It's so hilariously petty. Love it.

That was awesome. I need to watch that again!

YellowBird

One of the countless things i hate about social phobia/AvPD is that i'm barely human,i don't remember my personality anymore,when around friends(i used to have) i was witty,fun,loud,strong..i'm gonna die and people,the few i'm acquainted will,will know me as a quiet,boring girl with no personality..it's not fair.

Lavinialuna

I love the non-judgementalness and innocence of them, they don't care if I play well with others 'cause I'm the guy that doctors boo-boo's and carries them around when they don't feel good, even if they ain't my kids :bigsmile: I do better with kids than I do with adults most of the time. We can't have any more, she got fixed back in November. After the first one we decided to have them all when we're still decently young, all but the last one, he was unexpected. You're right, I do enjoy parenting. I just needed to hear that I wasn't crazy and it was all ok I reckon lol Wow... five kids would be awesome! Until they all start fighting with each other at the same time :eek:h:

Hubby wanted to get "fixed" but I wouldn't let him. I told him that he could be away from home and the house could burn killing all of us and he could suddenly find himself alone. He is still a young guy. He could try to rebuild a family. I would want him to have the joy of having children with a new wife. These are the thoughts of a mad woman afraid of every scenario in life, always preparing for the worst. It's a terrible way to live! I used to refuse to let him go to his parents house on Sundays when I was working for fear he would get in a crash on the highway and he and the kids would die leaving me alone. Is my imagination just way too active or what?
On a lighter note (lol!) think of how fun it will be to be grandparents. I'm gonna be the kind who has their grand kids over all the time and form really close bonds with them. My parents aren't like that. I will do better than they do.

Lavinialuna

One of the countless things i hate about social phobia/AvPD is that i'm barely human,i don't remember my personality anymore,when around friends(i used to have) i was witty,fun,loud,strong..i'm gonna die and people,the few i'm acquainted will,will know me as a quiet,boring girl with no personality..it's not fair.

You are still in there, don't let that girl die! I do the same as you are doing, thinking that it will always be this way... but I have been dealing with social phobia and anxiety my whole life and it seems to be cyclic, sometimes ebbing, sometimes flowing, but always moving. You will find times where you feel better, and times when it's worse. Sounds like you are in a valley right now, but keep looking up to the peaks above. I hope you don't lose hope that things can improve.
I've been moved to mention to everyone that I had been doing some research online about the gut and it's flora, and how they call it the "second brain". It has more serotonin in it than your brain does. I decided to start taking a probiotic supplement and not sure if it's a coincidence or not, but my anxiety is reduced. It's just a thought, but maybe give it a try? It's a cheap experiment.

Lavinialuna

I can be too flippant and uncaring. Its not a good characteristic. I quite often upset online and IRL friends. Not cool. Must be more thoughtful and aware of the consequences of my actions.

Do you do it to get a reaction, or is it accidental? I have anxiety about upsetting people. The conflict or resulting awkwardness is part of what causes my anxiety. Do you fear the reactions like I do?
I think I try to be careful with what I say out of fear of upset, but also empathy for how others feel.

TreeBones

This almost made me start crying. I understand completely. I wish I could say something smart to make you feel better. I just hope you know you're not the only one and that your other "self",. or what have you, isn't completely lost.
hang in there :)