Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Ithior

My mum wants to go visit my sister for 4 days or so. And of course I have to go. I'll take the plane to get there, but I won't come back the same way. My ears hurt like hell when the plane starts descending, and this usually only happens on the way back, so I'll take trains to come back instead. Four trains to be more exact. Should take around 24 hours, and I'll be doing it alone. Could be fun I guess, if I don't get lost nor robbed. It's better than going through that pain, and a nice experience.

Lavinialuna

1544965_674549079253380_1066446367_n_zps9f8fb7bd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Is that a Noisy Miner?

Noisy Miners are supposed to have a yellow patch behind the eye and this one doesn't, but I don't know what else it could be?

Edit: The Tasmanian variety is a sub-species, which possibly explains the difference. One another pic, this one has a small, vague patch of yellow behind its eye

Last edited:
Damnit, I need to go to the bathroom, but I can't go because I'm expecting a delivery between now and two hours from now.

So it begins.

I seem to keep finding stunned birds and insisting on taking their portraits...

tumblr_n60mepJaIN1qhgwvgo1_500.jpg

Stunned as in, injured or afraid or something?

What a great picture. Lucky you. I'd love to hold a wild bird. I did once, when I was a child; there was a baby bird sitting at the foot of a tree and it looked injured, probably from our cat. I picked it up and held it. It was really odd-looking with a hooked beak and I still don't know what kind of bird it was. My mother freaked out and told me to put it down because it was hurt.

Ithior

I think I got tired of sitting around doing nothing all day. Today I've been feeling like starting to work and apply for whatever internship feels interesting enough. I guess my gap year is coming to an end.

Stunned as in, injured or afraid or something?

What a great picture. Lucky you. I'd love to hold a wild bird. I did once, when I was a child; there was a baby bird sitting at the foot of a tree and it looked injured, probably from our cat. I picked it up and held it. It was really odd-looking with a hooked beak and I still don't know what kind of bird it was. My mother freaked out and told me to put it down because it was hurt.

Thanks :] Stunned as in flew into a window, often after a few minutes of feeling wobbly they come right and fly off - not always, though. That's nice that you picked up the baby bird, I think we're less afraid and more inquisitive when we're young

Ithior

If you're like me and you can't answer these questions then you should read this instead:
'Follow Your Passion' Is Crappy Advice | The Minimalists

“Follow your passion” assumes: a) you have preexisting passion; and b) if you match this passion to your job then you’ll enjoy that job.

When I studied the issue, it was more complex. Most people don’t have preexisting passions. And research on workplace satisfaction tells that people like their jobs for more nuanced reason than simply it matches some innate interest.

^A passion doesn't need to be related to how you make your money, it can be about how you spend your free time. Following a passion creates meaning in life

Kiwong

Noisy Miners are supposed to have a yellow patch behind the eye and this one doesn't, but I don't know what else it could be?

Edit: The Tasmanian variety is a sub-species, which possibly explains the difference. One another pic, this one has a small, vague patch of yellow behind its eye

Perhaps it is a immature or non breeding individual?