Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Ithior

I just saw this video.
Tl;dr: stop looking at your phone/facebook or you'll miss out on life.

It's funny because the people I know who spend a lot of time on their phones when they're out are actually the ones who are in longterm relationships and are happy with their lives. On the other hand, I don't spend much time on facebook and I when I'm out I only look at my phone to check the time, yet I'm the one missing out on life.

So even though the video makes sense, from my personal experience I would have to say it's just a load of bullsh*t.

Ithior

I was supposed to go have dinner with my friends before heading out to this concert/night out sort of thing, that could pretty much last until the morning (though I'll try to avoid that, my bladder probably can't take it). The problem is that they already decided the restaurant without asking me anything. They chose this place that seems to only cook steaks. I don't like steaks because I have trouble chewing, and I need to eat reasonably well before I go to that concert sort of thing. I want to have dinner at home instead. I need a last minute excuse to skip the dinner with them.

I know they're only 3 or 4 without me, but I'm already sacrificing a lot by going to the concert. The problem is that they actually think I'm having fun by standing up for hours while they dance and drink. Last week my friend told me I should stay until morning, since "we had so much fun when he stayed there until the morning". Oh yes, standing for 10 hours without being able to use the bathroom even once, while also being hungry and thirsty with awful music and smoke in my face was very fun.

S_Spartan

Midnight came,
The lot was wet,
She stroked her brow,
While alone she wept.

Don't ask, because I don't know. :-|

I just saw this video.
Tl;dr: stop looking at your phone/facebook or you'll miss out on life.

It's funny because the people I know who spend a lot of time on their phones when they're out are actually the ones who are in longterm relationships and are happy with their lives. On the other hand, I don't spend much time on facebook and I when I'm out I only look at my phone to check the time, yet I'm the one missing out on life.

So even though the video makes sense, from my personal experience I would have to say it's just a load of bullsh*t.

That's actually a very interesting observation. I'm not at all keen on using my phone when I'm out an about either.

Maybe it is the social component of mobile usage that lures people into this obsessive behaviour. On average, social phobics wouldn't really be subjected to that.

springk

I am so terrified! I am so stupid. I spend my days wasting all the time I had and now The exams!! This the the first time i have messed up so bad, really really really bad. What on earth was i thinking!! I am feeling guilty and ashamed of my behaviour. I am turning everything into worse.
What shall i do now!! This time I am gone.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I am so terrified! I am so stupid. I spend my days wasting all the time I had and now The exams!! This the the first time i have messed up so bad, really really really bad. What on earth was i thinking!! I am feeling guilty and ashamed of my behaviour. I am turning everything into worse.
What shall i do now!! This time I am gone.

Procrastination made me a great crammer... and an even better cheater.

I hope things don't go as bad as what you're thinking, though.

Don't have too much fun there, "wicker" man. ha ha

tumblr_m9lcqsiJxZ1qd1ubro2_250.gif

Also... where exactly does it wick the moisture to? This could turn out to be the weirdest butterfly effect ever.

You have me wondering now. Where could it go?

MikeyC

Fascinated by the fact that apparently there is a place in Australia (outback somewhere) called El Dorado...
On my driving travels to Melbourne, I pass by the signs leading to El Dorado from the Hume. It's certainly in the outback in rural Victoria, but towns such as Ruffy, Baddaginnie, Warrenbayne, and Boho exist - all in Victoria. Must be a hotbed for weird town names. ;)

LoyalXenite

On my driving travels to Melbourne, I pass by the signs leading to El Dorado from the Hume. It's certainly in the outback in rural Victoria, but towns such as Ruffy, Baddaginnie, Warrenbayne, and Boho exist - all in Victoria. Must be a hotbed for weird town names. ;)

Ah im used to our weird names (Zig Zag anyone?). Then there is also our strange fascination with doubling the names.. Wagga Wagga, Woy Woy, Woop Woop :giggle:

But El Dorado! Nothing beats that

MikeyC

Ah im used to our weird names (Zig Zag anyone?). Then there is also our strange fascination with doubling the names.. Wagga Wagga, Woy Woy, Woop Woop :giggle:

But El Dorado! Nothing beats that
I Googled Zig Zag and I couldn't find it. Where is that? You should take a trip to El Dorado. :)

I don't know how it happened, but my anxiety is definitely getting worse. It had been getting progressively better for the longest time, and now I'm going backwards.

I have a thyroid problem and I'm not on medication at the moment, so I'm wondering if that's what it is. Or hypoglycemia - I feel terrible when I wait too long to eat, and my grandmother was diabetic (sister is hypoglycemic too). Or something else. Or combination.

Need to go to doctor. Maybe it's nothing but my own fears just getting worse. I'm becoming afraid of even going to class at all now. I just feel so anxious all of the time, and often on the verge of panic. I never used to be like this. I'm scared :(