Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Lamb

Thanks to both of you. :) She was being all normal, then from one second to the next asked where her husband was. It took us all by surprise and my parents just said, "he's at home." Immediately after that we said our goodbyes and left.

It'll likely get to the stage where she won't recognise us. That will be tough.

Sorry Mikey. My grandfather dealt with the same thing. I'm hoping my parents don't get it, but I have a hunch..
Freaked me out initially as well.

Last edited:

Biev

I always feel so bad for my mother-in-law. Every week she goes to visit and take care of the person who took her in when she was little. She is the only one who really visits him, and he tells her things like "Oh, my daughter doesn't visit very often." It just breaks my heart.

Raichel

Not sure whether to be proud of my relatively rare last name, or be annoyed because of everyone always writing it the wrong way and/or wanting me to spell it out for them.

On the topic of names... I wish I had a middle name, or multiple even! I dunno, I think it's cool to get letters/e-mails bearing something like J.X.F<insert more lttrs here> <last name>. Makes me feel more importantish. :nod: Now to find something that goes well with Raichel. :thinking:

My god, (refined) walnut oil is truly delicious. It gives the same mouthfeel (culinary term, don't snicker! :p) as butter - actually better than butter - but it's much healthier for you. It has a neutral flavor but it adds fattiness and makes your food... silky? I know that sounds weird but that's exactly what it is. I put it on steamed carrots last night and it was so good I figured I'd try it on steamed broccoli today. I'm glad I did! It's so tasty, vegetables will be much more pleasant to eat from now on :D

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Not sure whether to be proud of my relatively rare last name, or be annoyed because of everyone always writing it the wrong way and/or wanting me to spell it out for them.

Be proud and annoyed. :bigsmile: If yer middle name's rare then it's unique.

On the topic of names... I wish I had a middle name, or multiple even! I dunno, I think it's cool to get letters/e-mails bearing something like J.X.F<insert more lttrs here> <last name>. Makes me feel more importantish. :nod: Now to find something that goes well with Raichel. :thinking:

If only felt importantish wi' ma middle name, but ah don't. With a middle name like Abraham, how could ye be - especially if yer dad's first name was Moses? Nae joke, there. Other than the obvious bibical reference - that never gets old. :eek:mg:

Aye, make sure the middle goes wi' the first name unlike mine - ma full intitals spell GAK - yay! :ironicsmile:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Keep the Piece! Make Yer Ain Sandwiches! :bigsmile:
^ Ah, wordplay. Ah thought o' that as ah was goin' tae sleep - ah dinnae half think o' stupid shite! :giggle:

jaim38

As a sidebar: whatever those nurses get paid is definitely not enough. It takes a special kind of person to deal with all that.

Deja vu?! I heard somebody a while back say to me the exact same thing. I agree, most nurses usually want to work in fancy hospitals and private facilities where the pay is great to excellent. The nurses who end up in nursing homes don't get paid as much and have to endure a lot.

JuiceB

I think one day I'll hop in a car and go on a road trip around the country. I want to visit almost every major city, from Miami to Los Angeles.

coyote

I think one day I'll hop in a car and go on a road trip around the country. I want to visit almost every major city, from Miami to Los Angeles.

let me know when you get to Green Bay :thumbup:

oh wait, you said "major city" :sad:

MikeyC

I went to the beach for the first time in many months, now that the weather is getting warmer. Randomly met up with two people from work while there, too, so that was nice. I'm a bit sunburnt, but it was totally worth it. Good waves and there were many beautiful bikini girls. I'll have to go back more often this summer, I reckon. :)

Oh, and I was attacked by a magpie, because the day was running way too smoothly. :giggle:

Is part of social anxiety overworrying about breaking what we interpret as social rules? If we see social interaction as being less of a rigid thing, we can relax a bit and just do it?

I think so, yes. It's definitely part of it.

Many people with social anxiety can often handle to social structures of pets/animals just fine, as it's a lot looser and forgiving. You almost never hear about people cancelling their cat parties because they're afraid of being judges.. almost. :giggle:

I for one just can't keep up with the many, many, MANY social games and social rules that you just seem to have to know of the top of your head.

Ithior

I was finally given a training plan that I think I'll completely enjoy. There was always something about the other ones that I didn't like.

Phoenixx

I went to the post office today. Between that and the bank, I'm not sure which one I hate more. I always end up mumbling and blushing like crazy trying to talk to people there. I don't know why it sets off my anxiety worse than anywhere else, but it does.

As I was leaving I felt like an idiot as usual. Looking back on it though, maybe I didn't do so bad after all. At least I said more than two sentences and managed to look at the woman when I was speaking. I'm tired of feeling depressed and hating myself for stupid things. I had a good two days, I'm not going to revert back to feeling like crap. This is my week damn it! I'm not going to let my anxiety get the best of me, especially not tomorrow while I'm visiting a college. I want to be able to ask questions and talk to people without my mom doing most of it for me. I'm 20 years old, I should be able to converse properly by now.

Flanscho

This is weird.

So, I like taking long walks, and I love the autumn forest. This is the forest that was next to the city I grew up in:

p359770245-3.jpg

And I like to walk together with another person, so we can talk about stuff. So, I first asked the woman I have a crush on. She is a quite frail person and also somewhat weak due to a disease she got from a tick bite, so she said that she's too weak for something like that.

And I thought "hm, ok, let's ask someone else". So I asked my best friend. She said that she'd love to, but that she has no time on a weekend anytime soon. Which makes sense, because she is one of those persons who constantly do thousands of things and have appointments for stuff for the next few months to come. But she said "ask the girl my boyfriend has a relationship with, you know her, she is a great person and loves taking long walks, while he doesn't, so she'll be happy that someone asks".

And I though "ok, let's ask her". I know her a bit, from some festivals and stuff, but never spent that much time with her. So I know that she is nice but not that much more. I asked her, and she said "hmmm ok, sounds good" (she's learning German just for a while, coming from Spain).

So that was yesterday. Now today the woman I have a crush on asks me about my birthday that is soon, and since I love plants, whether I'd like to go with her to a huge garden center, where I could choose a flower or other plant and she'd buy it for me. I said "sure, sounds great". She said that she soon continues with the university, so she'll be busy then, so doing that before my birthday would be good. And I said "makes sense", so she asked me what I'll be doing this saturday. I replied with "if the weather is nice, I'll have a long walk in the forest. But if the weather is bad, I'll gladly join you to the garden center, if you have time". She said that this sounds good, and asked me whether, if she'd feel for some reason very good on saturday, she cold come long on the walk.
And I replied "uuuhm, well, I already asked you and you said you can't because you don't feel well. So I asked others, and now I'll go there with Inez". And she replied with "oh...". I thought about telling her that she could tag along, but with two pretty girls in the forest I couldn't relax at all.

So... it's weird. I hope she doesn't take it personally. But what does she expect if she denies my offer? That I will not go there at all? oO

Ithior

I just went through a questionnaire and a list of jobs related to my degree (economics) and I couldn't find a single one that I actually liked. Maybe I'm just scared of the responsibility and amount of work to do in those jobs though (like networking and keeping up to date with the financial markets).

I live from one good thing to the next. If I don't have anything to look forward to, be this a show of any kind, a cool game, a product I'm excited for anything else of the likes, I tend to become very down and depressed.

You must always have something to look forward to - you must always have something to look forward to.