Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Some kid smashed his truck into the back of my parked car. He just got a new puppy and it jumped in his lap, causing him to lose control. The thing is completely wrecked, going to have to get another.

Thankfully, he's okay though. Same with his puppy. Could've gone a lot worse, especially considering I was just unpacking my things a half hour before then.

7615-img-2136.jpg

7614-img-2130.jpg

I <3 Hans Zimmer. Or um, his music, rather.

...for some reason I have my alarm tone on my phone set to the Pirates of the Caribbean theme (I didn't even particularly like the movies - first one was okay). I have a gradually increasing volume feature, and it just goes well with the music. It does get annoying when my Android glitches and won't let me turn on the screen to dismiss the alarm, and the theme keeps playing over and over at an insanely loud level for first thing in the morning. lol. Maybe it's time for a new one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EynZ65x6Tmo

Last edited:
What's making you feel this way?

In a word.. Identity crisis. Struggling to find my place and function in this society I have trouble understanding. It's not that I can't see myself happy persé, but more so that I can't see how I could be with these tools.

I've got trouble appreciating a way of life where quick-fix philosophy trumps extended configured reason, and where mass contribution is valued more then actual individual- and shared, happiness. It's a perk one might find if he/she is lucky.

Maybe I'm spoiled, but it feels so alien and broken to me. While I realize this is what I'll ultimately have to do it with, I'm rather afraid to come to terms with these (what I can only call) necessity-chains of modern survival.

If that makes any sense.

Some kid smashed his truck into the back of my parked car. He just got a new puppy and it jumped in his lap, causing him to lose control. The thing is completely wrecked, going to have to get another.

Thankfully, he's okay though. Same with his puppy. Could've gone a lot worse, especially considering I was just unpacking my things a half hour before then.

7615-img-2136.jpg

7614-img-2130.jpg

Man, your car won't be sitting down any time soon, that's for sure. Total butt carnage.

But on a serious note, good to know you're okay. It must've been quite a shock. The puppy must've been Krypto for for his owner and him to come out of that okay.

KiaKaha

Banned
Grrr I hate it when I get friend requests on facebook from people I barely know. I don't want to add them, but I feel if I don't then I am insulting them and they will get upset that I didn't add them if I see them again.

It's very annoying!

truffleshuffle

7615-img-2136.jpg

7614-img-2130.jpg
I am guessing the insurence company is going to write that one off as a total loss. My dogs are big and I do like having them in my car but I don;t because Of that issue they constanly are trying to get into my lap and jumping around so I rarly take them anywhere in my car unless its to the vet. Good think you had unfinished getting your stuff though that could have been very painful. I will say puppys seem to be pretty reselent though. I had a rottie once and when he was a pup he jumped out of my dads open pickup truck window and his head got caught by a back tire. The vet said everything was find but one eye may end up going blind in which never happend. I think he had a pretty hard head and I know he sure was stubbern too but He lived a very long life over 11 years.

Last edited:

dean01

i dont fit in i never have i try my hardest but it just doesnt seem to be enough. sometimes i think im best on my own and i should forget theres a world outside, its forgotten me so why should i care. :(

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I take it's too much tae ask for a wee bit o' f**kin' privacy.

Naw! Of course no'. Am no' allowed that. am I?

Nae wonder I'm startin' tae hate extroverted people - overbearing, f**kin' wankers!

laure15

Today, my mother told a neighbor about our heating problems and asked for help. The neighbor called 2 technicians to our house to fix the heater. As usual, I was a nervous wreck; I was scared of making prolonged eye contact with people for fear of looking like I'm staring at them. When the 2 technicians were talking to me, I couldn't look at them in the eye for more than 5 seconds before looking somewhere else. When one of them spoke to me for a long while, I kept my head down and either wrote something on a piece of paper or just kept my head down in general. It was awkward, and I think they noticed too. There were also some awkward silences, and I find myself looking at my mom for comfort.

I also notice my mom has better social skills than I do. She speaks and acts naturally. But I am like a robot; my voice has no inflection (natural rises and downs) and it's pretty much monotone. The strange thing is that a part of me is trying to look normal (make eye contact, talk more, be helpful) but the other part of me is scared and try to avoid those technicians (moving away from them, gradually, keeping distance between me and them, not making eye contact when speaking or when they talk to me).

Gosh, I've fallen so low. I don't remember being like this when I was in high school. I don't know what happened to me.

MikeyC

In a word.. Identity crisis. Struggling to find my place and function in this society I have trouble understanding. It's not that I can't see myself happy persé, but more so that I can't see how I could be with these tools.

I've got trouble appreciating a way of life where quick-fix philosophy trumps extended configured reason, and where mass contribution is valued more then actual individual- and shared, happiness. It's a perk one might find if he/she is lucky.

Maybe I'm spoiled, but it feels so alien and broken to me. While I realize this is what I'll ultimately have to do it with, I'm rather afraid to come to terms with these (what I can only call) necessity-chains of modern survival.

If that makes any sense.
It does make sense, actually. I have similar thoughts to these. I hope you feel better soon.

Today, my mother told a neighbor about our heating problems and asked for help. The neighbor called 2 technicians to our house to fix the heater. As usual, I was a nervous wreck; I was scared of making prolonged eye contact with people for fear of looking like I'm staring at them. When the 2 technicians were talking to me, I couldn't look at them in the eye for more than 5 seconds before looking somewhere else. When one of them spoke to me for a long while, I kept my head down and either wrote something on a piece of paper or just kept my head down in general. It was awkward, and I think they noticed too. There were also some awkward silences, and I find myself looking at my mom for comfort.

I also notice my mom has better social skills than I do. She speaks and acts naturally. But I am like a robot; my voice has no inflection (natural rises and downs) and it's pretty much monotone. The strange thing is that a part of me is trying to look normal (make eye contact, talk more, be helpful) but the other part of me is scared and try to avoid those technicians (moving away from them, gradually, keeping distance between me and them, not making eye contact when speaking or when they talk to me).

Gosh, I've fallen so low. I don't remember being like this when I was in high school. I don't know what happened to me.
Keep persisting. It was difficult with the electricians, but you did the best you could and the more you expose yourself to these situations, the better you will become.

Hoppy

"For all my friends in America, will you please note that today's date is 12/12/12 and not 12/12/12. Thank you"

"For all my friends in America, will you please note that today's date is 12/12/12 and not 12/12/12. Thank you"

I was going to say that we can all agree that today is 12/12/12, no matter how we express the date.

I'm glad everyone is okay, razzle. That obviously could have been much worse.

I always feel like I dress for a funeral the same way I dress for a job interview. :idontknow:

truffleshuffle

I am fighting a cold and starting to get better that was until someone who lives in apartment that I share either a wall or celing with is smoking which fills my apartment witht he smell. Now I am not just coughing because of the cold I am also coughing because of the cig smoke and to top it off having a sneezing fit. I cough more and only sneeze when they smoke and its drives me nuts. wish they would take it out side atleast