Post what you hate

gazelle

People on youtube videos who think it's cool to say "I love (enter artist here) even though he was gay, that doesn't matter, it's the music that matters" when nobody's mentioned homosexuality!

I also hate idiots who say stuff like "I like him, he's nice, just because he's a black man doesn't mean he's bad".

ARGH!!!! Don't you people understand that by making yourself look superior for having a view that everyone else also has, you reinforce the idea that certain people, blacks, gays, etc, etc, are in fact worse than you.

This is incorrect: "I hate that person, and it's not because they're black,gay,etc,etc". This sentence alludes to the fact that you think someone would think that was the reason you hate them, meaning you are treating people differently because of their race.

This is correct: "I hate that person because they're obviously 100 times smarter than me, because they don't think that pointing out the fact that black, gay, etc, etc people might be treated differently is segregation".

EDIT: sorry for the rant, but this is something I actually do hate.

Hmmm... that was a tidbit of socializing etiquette!

I hate how the "working world" is biased against introverted and quiet people. It's common sense to me that introverts possess as many strengths as extroverts and as a whole they are too often overlooked. Many are humble, harmonious, value their relationships, wait their turn to speak, think before speaking and are often very knowledgeable. I hate how you're expected to be overly cheerful, bubbly and outgoing if you're in any job dealing with the public, and if you're not you're expected to put on an act. I've tried faking that in jobs I've had for years and it's exhausting by the end of the day.

I wish you could just skip all the ass kissing, be genuine with people and act like yourself. As a customer, when I deal with a waitress or someone in retail I don't care how bubbly or extroverted they are, I just want them to do their job, be polite and knowledgeable about what they're doing.

I completely agree as someone who works in the customer service industry and hates the fact that I have to fake the happy bubbly crap on the phone. For some reason if I don't somehow I'm not doing my job. Even though I do everything I am told and far beyond that. I'm a hard worker and I take great pride in doing a good job but if I don't do it with a smile and a creepy amount of joy in my voice I am not doing my best. Who said I have to be cheerful all the time?

IGotSeoul

I hate how the "working world" is biased against introverted and quiet people. It's common sense to me that introverts possess as many strengths as extroverts and as a whole they are too often overlooked. Many are humble, harmonious, value their relationships, wait their turn to speak, think before speaking and are often very knowledgeable. I hate how you're expected to be overly cheerful, bubbly and outgoing if you're in any job dealing with the public, and if you're not you're expected to put on an act. I've tried faking that in jobs I've had for years and it's exhausting by the end of the day.

I wish you could just skip all the ass kissing, be genuine with people and act like yourself. As a customer, when I deal with a waitress or someone in retail I don't care how bubbly or extroverted they are, I just want them to do their job, be polite and knowledgeable about what they're doing.

I can relate with this but I often wonder a few things.

I once shared an apartment with a college professor who was very heavily introverted in the respect that he preferred to stay home a lot. He didn't talk much but when he did talk (to me) it was backed up by facts and was very clear and informative. He didn't strike my as shy, unsure, or withdrawn; but more so the opposite. He almost seemed intimidating and extroverted through his behavior. I've known quite a few introverted people with this same very same confidence.

I do agree that society is built more towards extroversion and believe that environmental surroundings of a primarily extroverted society can cast shade upon what the introvert feels he is.

Newtype

I hate that my math teacher makes tons of mistakes and it just makes it harder for us to learn.

T T T

People who have a worse life than you and use it to make you feel guilty for being miserable.

People who have what I want, but I have what they want; makes me feel disrespectful and ungrateful.

People who don't understand, and don't want to.

Niteowl

It's pretty obvious but I really dislike people who force others to think badly of themselves. I was so sad last night when I read these words from a lovely user of this site - "at the time I thought I was enormous!". I'm sure she won't mind me quoting her. I thought that that was horrifying, that somebody should be made to think that way about themselves because other people are forcing them to. Why should anybody have to experience that? They're always such lovely people. No one deserves that.

The Lost

People who judge others solely on looks. Everyone should know that there's more to themselves than looks, so why act shallow towards others?

Which leads onto another hate: stereotyping.

Last edited:

fitftw

Hate that I'm broke and too scared/lazy to get a job. However I need to do something since I got my degree in May and have to wait until October 1st when I go to uni to go for my Bachelor degree to see another dime from the school since they pay me (navy veteran)

MrJones

Are you in a calculus class by any chance? I always found that my professors in the calculus sequence made tons of mistakes and made the material look more difficult during class sessions than it actually was.
Some of my teachers made me wonder how the hell did they get their Ph.D and have even directed Ph.D for other people.
I can see your mistakes, and I'm not exactly a brilliant student! XD