On Halloween and You :)

BiWinning

Do any of you guys go out for Halloween?
If so, what are you guys being this year?
Have any cool pics from years before?
I is curious :D

WeirdyMcGee

I stopped going out for Halloween around 12 years old, I think...

I'm 23 now, so it's been awhile. I usually do some baked 'festival of the dead' type treats, hand out candy and watch scary movies.

My sister did drag me to one of her friend's little Halloween parties 5 years or so ago?
12 people.
Watched the evil dead movies; ate; went to the Bovine for drinks, in costume.
I was an 'Emo promdate'.

JamesSmith

I'm going to be my usual loser self and be hiding in my house, as usual. I'll be downing some "beverages", possibly.

Sadly enough, even at a costume party I wouldn't be able to connect with people. The last costume party I went to I wound up falling asleep in my car because I got so bored because I couldn't talk to people and people wouldn't talk to me.

BiWinning

I'm going to be my usual loser self and be hiding in my house, as usual. I'll be downing some "beverages", possibly.

Sadly enough, even at a costume party I wouldn't be able to connect with people. The last costume party I went to I wound up falling asleep in my car because I got so bored because I couldn't talk to people and people wouldn't talk to me.

::(: I'm sorry.... and by beverages I assume you mean pineapple juice;) I like pineapple juice
And I like Halloween, I get to be someone else for a day!

Hopefully it isn't too glum for you:)

well I LOVE DRESS UP and accept for last year I GO OUT EVERY YEAR (sorry I shout when I get excited) accept maybe this yea, Im UNDECIDED STILL :)

This year I WOULD LIKE TO GO AS A TELLY

A bix cardboard box that I will cut a holes in for my head and arms :D

Sartana

Going to a house party and clubs probably. I just have no idea what to dress up as. Decisions... ::p:

coyote

the last time i dressed up for halloween was to attend a party where everyone was supposed to be in costume

when i walked in the place, i found that i was the only one who was

you could have heard a pin drop as all heads turned to stare

good thing i was wearing a mask so people couldn't see me turn red with embarrassment

Feathers

lol Coyote... bet you were as cute as Bridget Jones in the movie! :)

Well, I used to like dressing up in costumes... mostly for 'Fat Tuesday' in spring... haven't done it for the last umph years though... we've only celebrated Haloween in our country the last few years, a friend has asked me if I'll go, don't know yet... it's a bit difficult since next day is 'Day of Dead' here, time to go to graveyards visit the relatives...

my Dad is very Catholic and very much against 'celebrating witchcraft and imported American holidays'... (a neighbour is too, it didn't stop his wife from having a Halloween party with the kiddies, I joined that at a time lol!! It was fun but felt weird as one of the grown-ups that wasn't related to any of the kiddies lol..)

MaliceInWickedland

Nope. I just stay home, kick it, watch a montage of horror movies, and binge on my favorite candy. Although one of my friends invited me over to her house to have a horror movie night with a few other friends so I'm definitely going. Should be fun :D

Rembrandt Broam

Nope. I just stay home, kick it, watch a montage of horror movies, and binge on my favorite candy. Although one of my friends invited me over to her house to have a horror movie night with a few other friends so I'm definitely going. Should be fun :D

After your recent encounter with the Lady In The Tight Pants, I think you've probably experienced enough horror for this year. ;)

ERose

I don't really do anything, at all in fact. I have all of these big ideas and it never happens, it's only my own fault though. This year I'm just going to go with what happens and not expect anything.

Ms Cloud

Halloween bothers me. I love the idea of dressing up (who doesn't) but I've never understood the 'horror' theme. I don't find death and dismemberment amusing at all. I guess it's one of the many aspects of normal society that I just don't get.

Nevertheless... as a child, halloween costumes were always serious business. When I got a bit older, I would still dress up if I got a chance, for a party or whatever. An excuse to hide behind a mask? I'm there!

But I haven't done anything like that in the past decade or so.

Halloween bothers me. I love the idea of dressing up (who doesn't) but I've never understood the 'horror' theme. I don't find death and dismemberment amusing at all. I guess it's one of the many aspects of normal society that I just don't get.

By laughing at Death we get rid of the fear she causes us, although she's who has the last merciless laugh.

Lostinthemusic

Hank Hill of King of the Hill!!!

My plans are whatever comes up. This is a college town, so there will be plenty of parties I'm going to at least try to have fun at. No guarantees on that one though. What is for sure is I will not be staying in.

Last edited:

Moa

I LOVE Halloween, love love love it. I used to dress up in costumes and go to bars or parties. But now I live in a new city, so I don't know anyone to go out with. I would go to bars but they smoke in the bars here, yuck! Nothing like smelling like an ashtray when you get home...

If I had some place to go... I'd like to go as Poison Ivy (the supervillainess)... or an elephant (I could raise my little trunk and make stupid elephant noises :D)... or a zombie slut (it's like 2 costumes in one!)... or even a giant artist's paintbrush (if I could figure out how to make my long hair look like an actual brush dipped in paint)...

Maybe I'll just dress up even though I'm staying home... If I don't entertain myself, no one will... ::p:

Moa

You should research the history of Halloween. It was originally called Samhain (pronounced sow-ween) and it was a festival of the fall harvest.

Hank Hill of King of the Hill!!!

That's awesome!! :D You gonna carry a propane tank with you?