"Ok, everyone pick a partner"

Agent_Violet

lol oh wow that brought back horrifying memories

To this day I think if i was in a situation where i was told to pick a partner i'd likely have a meltdown.

DeadmanWalking

Oh yeah, those words were the bane of my existence::p:! It's now at the point where I intentionally go out of my way to miss a class if I know that there will be a partner assignment that day (and if I know I can afford it). I don't know any people in my classes, so I would feel uncomfortable going up to someone and asking them to be my partner; I just prefer it when the teachers sets us up with partners themselves.

chibiXphantom

id always just wait till eveyone had a partner and id just go with whoever was left or the teacher would put me with someone

unless i happened to have someone come up and ask for me to be their partner (which was rare)

bcsr

yah, that was a horrible phrase. someone should inform teachers how terrifying those words are, lol.

Lea

Banned
id always just wait till eveyone had a partner and id just go with whoever was left or the teacher would put me with someone

unless i happened to have someone come up and ask for me to be their partner (which was rare)

Haha, exactly.

WeirdyMcGee

yeahh...
Might as well say; "Alright, everyone... pair up and leave Weirdy on her own, as usual."
I always had odd number classes and ended up as the person in every forced 3 person group; or solo.

Daniel089

I still hate it everytime when they force me to do that, it's cruelty :mad:

I was the last guy to have a partner for prom, but I was wise so I asked a female teacher who's just 10 years older than me, and is a dancer btw :D:D : I introduced myself, I asked her, she said she'll think about it, couple of days later she said yes.

Boby

Nope,didn't had problems there,in fact I kinda liked it because usually team projects were easy and a good opportunity to get some high grades.

psych

I go through this every year, for restraint training.
We pair up & then practice holds, punches, kicks, & restraints on each other.
Fortunately, the spirit is definitely different than a game of sport.
I still get nervous, though. Somebody picked me this year, last year, I was odd woman out.

I always hated it when I was in school. I liked it better when the teacher/professor assigned the group- I would be breathing a sigh of relief, while many other students were complaining about not getting to pick their own partners. :rolleyes:

One really bad moment was when we had to pick groups for a Science assignment back in grade 9. For some reason that is unknown to this day, the smartest person in the class hated me. One of my "friend's" wanted to be in the smart guys group instead of being my partner. The smart guy let my "friend" in but refused to let me into the group. In the end, my "friend" was let into the smart guy's group and everyone in his group (including my "friend") laughed at me because I didn't have anyone to work with. Good times......(sarcasm)

Rembrandt Broam

The only times I encounter this these days is on work training days

Hey guess what I have coming up tomorrow. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure I'll hear some variation on those words at some point during the day. Last time a really nice young woman came over and asked if I wanted to partner, saving me from that "OMG! Please let the Earth open up right now!" feeling, so maybe I'll get lucky again.

1BlackSheep

I was the last guy to have a partner for prom, but I was wise so I asked a female teacher who's just 10 years older than me, and is a dancer btw :D:D : I introduced myself, I asked her, she said she'll think about it, couple of days later she said yes.
How sweet! :)

Phoenixx

Oh man, I hated that phrase in school too. The only time I never minded it was in a class I had a friend in that I KNEW I would pair up with so everything would be okay.

Even now in college it's not any easier, I still hate it. However, the last time we had to pick partners for something, I actually showed up to class 5 mins. late and my teacher paired me up with this really cute guy that was easy to talk to. ;) I should be late to class more often. ::p: