1. Watching city lights at night

2. Fire works

3. Lava lamps

4. Lightning Bugs

5. Beaded Curtains

6. Rainbows

theoutsider

1. The enormous potential of life.
2. The natural talent of some artists. It's as if God is telling them what they will do in life.
3. The universe and the possibility of life on other planets in other galaxies.
4. The timeless beauty of women.
5. The way time marches on endlessly. This actually makes me a little sad when I look at old photos and realize every person in it is probably dead and someday I'm going to join them.
6. Cars. Their styles and the meticulous engineering that had to have gone into creating them, especially the new models.

nodejesque

The ocean
Pablo Neruda's work
Kinetic sand
Percussion instruments and music
Audacious stupidity
Whole chicken in a can

Megaten

1) How ridiculously small we are in the universe.
2) How brilliant some people are to come up with new inventions/ideas.
3) How we're just chemicals and proteins yet we think and feel and know what we are.
4) How easily socializing comes to some people while for me it's like wrestling a bear.
5) Cats when they sit on your chest while you're sleeping and devour your soul.
6) Time dilation

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
  • The fact that I seem smarter than the rest o' my family, yet don't feel all that intelligent.

• The amount of time and dedication it must take to get good at play the guitar. Particularly if you're playing metal or are more of a virtuoso gutarist. Or any musical instrument for that matter.

• Eastern philosophy

• How much easier it seems to be socialable if yer more extroverted

• People who know how taking something electrical apart to fix it and put it back together

• ASMR

dannyboy65

1. Biology of the human body
2. How far technology is coming
3. Nature
4. Human psychology
5. Insects/arachnids
6. History

GraybeardGhost

1. Hummingbirds—everything they do.

2. Thrift shops—I'm often astounded by the extraordinary things people give away.

3. Mexican silver jewelry—the imagination and craftsmanship that goes into each piece amazes me.

4. The insanity of American politics.

5. My ability to undermine myself.

6. A certain someone.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
It could be anything. Lately I found myself interested in the following

1. Watching city lights at night

2. Fire works

3. Lava lamps

4. Lightning Bugs

5. Beaded Curtains

6. Rainbows

I don't know what beaded curtains are, but all your other fascinations are related to light (vs dark)

1. That I have a friend I can feel comfortable with and be able to talk about everything and that this person exists and that somehow we met each other.
2. Anything related to Photography like DSLRs, lenses etc.
3. How big the universe is, although it's impossible for the human mind to imagine.
4. All the good food that can cure my depression (temporarily).
5. The beauty of nature.
6. Planes, must be on one at least once a year. I'll never be not excited about it.

FriendlyShadow

I don't know what beaded curtains are, but all your other fascinations are related to light (vs dark)

Beaded curtains are the curtains that are a set of long strings threaded with beads. They're typicalluy hung on doorways:https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...w-raindrop-beaded-curtains-3.jpg?v=1444777077

Yeah, I maybe I'm weird with my fascinations, but I guess during my childhood years, I grew up interested in these sort of things, looking photos of city lights/, catching lightning bugs at night, driving by rainbows. Even with the lava lamp, my sister had one everytime I'd sleep over at her house, and when she shut the light out, the lava lamp glowed in this bluish/purple color. I just liked the colors it glowed. Maybe I still like to reconnect with my past experiences.

Last edited:

SpaceTime

1. Big landscapes
  2. Visual arts - art, photography, film, graphics (is this cheating - listing four things in one item? ;) )
  3. Consciousness - what it is / how it comes about
  4. Software
  5. How music works, I'd love to be able to write 'proper' music but I've never been able to get to grips with music theory
  6. Popular science - the cosmos, the big bang, einstein, time, how life evolved, etc ( <--- that's more cheating! :eek:mg:)

Kiwong

Something that really fascinates me is the infinite detail in the natural world from the microscopically small to the incredibly large. There are amazing discoveries to be made at each level of scale.

Last edited:

Auburn

1. The stars and planets
2. Thunderstorms
3. Any source of light like fireworks or city lights. If it shines or sparkles I can't help but stare
4. Watching people draw or play an instrument
5. The way things move and flow. Especially in animation.