I'm dreading the holidays because __ (fill in the blank!)

Invisibleman

I'm dreading the holidays because all my friends are going to be out partying and having fun while I'm going to be stuck here at home with nothing to do and no one to celebrate with.

Oh my god this. I hate this so much.Il look on facebook and il see status updates and pictures from all these wild christmas parties and stuff and I feel so alone. I mean my family comes to my house and that but I have such a small family,im talking max 10 people,and not to mention my family is so lame. Whereas my friends have these massive families with like 100 people at one party.

LazyHermitCrab

it's thanksgiving tomorrow and people who i never met will be there and it was horrible last year.... it will feel crowded.. i would rather a small gathering

LazyHermitCrab

Oh my god this. I hate this so much.Il look on facebook and il see status updates and pictures from all these wild christmas parties and stuff and I feel so alone. I mean my family comes to my house and that but I have such a small family,im talking max 10 people,and not to mention my family is so lame. Whereas my friends have these massive families with like 100 people at one party.

you can be me and i'll be you tomorrow? :D haha. There will be around 45 people not 100 but still would much rather 10 at most

Moa

you can be me and i'll be you tomorrow? :D haha. There will be around 45 people not 100 but still would much rather 10 at most

OMG 45 people?!?!?! I would fake illness so I didn't have to go, or something. Sorry you have to deal with that. :(

Kiwong

^This, and having trouble finding a parking space anywhere you drive to.
I live in a tourist destination, it's bedlam on the roads around where I live during the holidays :s

I live in a tourist spot as well, and it is a madhouse. No parking, dodging hordes of people at the local mall.

Last few years I've been in Perth over Christmas, and the city seems deserted, which I like.

MikeyC

I guess 'cause I should be with my family? It is pretty silly to feel that way though. I would be spending the whole time away, a couple weeks at least. My bf lives about 600 miles away. Seems kinda cruel to not let my family see me during this very special time, lol ::p:
You should be free to do what you like! If you want to spend it with your boyfriend, you should. These days I'm never usually home for New Years and I would always spend it with my parents, and they've accepted it now.

But I suppose you should spend at least a little bit of time with your family. It sucks that your boyfriend is so far away.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Going around the table and saying what we're thankful for, if it something we do this year. We have in the past, and I never know what to say. It's 7 hours away and I'm drawing a blank about something to say.

AGR

I am only dreading because its another year and I havent moved foward to my goals..again.

I actually like the end of the year I will be alone,it will be very cold which I like,I actually also grew to like being alone in this time of the year.

Silatuyok

Going around the table and saying what we're thankful for, if it something we do this year. We have in the past, and I never know what to say. It's 7 hours away and I'm drawing a blank about something to say.

Ew, that just sounds really awkward. I wouldn't even want to do that in front of my family.

planemo

... i'll be spending my time trapped at home, feeling really bored and wishing i could enjoy the sunshine, and be on the beach - having fun. instead i'll have to make due with tv, internet and my own thoughts. i'm glad i don't have to see any of my relatives though, but having a friend or two, just to be outside and have some fun would be nice. :rolleyes:

WeirdyMcGee

In the past, when I was asked to say what I was thankful for at the table; I'd start on a rant about how I'm thankful for kittens and fuzzy little bunnies and horsies and puppies- then grandma would scold me for not being serious and I'd just say; "I'm thankful for being thankful... for thanks."

And they'd skip past me and go to my sister because I wouldn't give them a serious answer.

razzle dazzle rose

It isn't so bad today. Yay. I can't wait to eat pumpkin pie and the delicious stuffing my mom makes. Does it have to be so cloudy though?

I hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving *hugs*

razzle dazzle rose

You should be free to do what you like! If you want to spend it with your boyfriend, you should. These days I'm never usually home for New Years and I would always spend it with my parents, and they've accepted it now.

I am still debating what to do. I will debate till the very end, even as I am packing my bags to go. It is the way I am, so indecisive.

awkwardamanda

Then there's the gifts. Half the time, I don't know what to get for people. They don't know what to get me either. People complain I'm hard to shop for because I don't give them enough ideas. Excuse me for not wanting much. Some things I'd just rather buy myself anyway because I've made suggestions before and gotten responses like, "Why do you want that?" Don't ask if you're just gonna shoot down my answer. Most of the time, my brother wants expensive stuff so my parents have a hard time making it equal. I just end up feeling guilty for not wanting stuff.

So to further highlight my point, my mom picked me up from work tonight and on the way home she asked if I had any ideas yet. I mentioned two things. I said I wanted a fabric steamer. That was fine. She said she was thinking that too cause she knows I'm getting tired of ironing. Then I said maybe she could get me a new pair of glasses. That's something I need to get soon and I was planning to buy them but I thought that was an idea since it's Christmas soon anyway. No. She was like, "For Christmas? That's not something I can wrap." Fuuuuuu...:mad: Why the hell did I open my mouth? Instantly put me in a bad mood. All it takes is something stupid like that and I feel like crap. I've been depressed ever since.

Kiwong

of waiting in airport transport lounges, and embarking on red eye long distance plane flights

coyote

that special dessert made with green jello, canned pears, and cream cheese

you know the one

Moa

I got lucky yesterday! Never thought I'd have been so happy to wake up sick.

I'm glad I didn't go. The dinner was at my boyfriend's parents house, and they did that awful thing where everyone stands in a circle, holds hands, and says what they're thankful for. Then they say a prayer. The prayer part bugs me more than the thankful part, because they always comment about "being a true Baptist". No one in his family has ever bothered to ask what religion I am, which is not Baptist. You'd think if they are going to invite people that are not part of their family, they wouldn't make comments like that! It makes me so uncomfortable. I guess eventually I'll have to talk about it, but that is not a conversation I'm looking forward to. :(